[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [moto_msm8960]

Search This thread

matt1313

Sep 24, 2010
California
Google Pixel 5

So I did it and flashed your CM11 Kernel. No Frills reports incorrect mhz but Deep Sleep shows the speeds are there. hmmmm...

Also is there any way to add calendar back to lock screen? I can find a way to do it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-05-12-35-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-05-12-35-07.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 275

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
So I did it and flashed your CM11 Kernel. No Frills reports incorrect mhz but Deep Sleep shows the speeds are there. hmmmm...

Also is there any way to add calendar back to lock screen? I can find a way to do it.

You have min&max backwards in the pic...? Maybe that's the issue?

Also, I think you are talking about ribbons which have not made their way back in (yet).

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Also, I recommend row over cfq, it's got a bit more thoroughput

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

mmm.waffles

Feb 1, 2011
BC
Super solid rom, especially for a nightly. Once I figure out what is causing this occasional 100% wake lock it'll be awesome. Thanks!!

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I keep getting a 403 Forbidden every time I try to download a nightly.

Weird, must be something with your region... I just downloaded xt925 and xt926 from download.carbon-rom.com

Where are you located? Can you try again?

Edit - provider said no hotlinking. Go thru the proper links on the site.

Last edited:

hugodefcon

Jan 5, 2013
Is anybody able to apply themes using themer.
Aparrently carbon changes some dpi and dimensions.
Is anybody able to apply themes? If so how did you came about?.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

jldr

Aug 21, 2012
Is anybody able to apply themes using themer.
Aparrently carbon changes some dpi and dimensions.
Is anybody able to apply themes? If so how did you came about?.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

If you changed the Navbar height, put it back to the normal size and it should work again.

Also, 2/16 still has no metadata for Bluetooth >_<

Can't they just revert the changes that f'd it up in the first place?!

jldr

Aug 21, 2012
I have no idea what you are talking about... AVRCP or whatever?

Yes. When Android updated to 4.3 it moved to blue tooth AVRCP 1.3 which transmits track info to the receiver. For some reason this was broken over a week or so ago. It still plays but doesn't show the song title or artist. I just like it for my car so I don't have to mess around with the phone to see the names of songs.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Yes. When Android updated to 4.3 it moved to blue tooth AVRCP 1.3 which transmits track info to the receiver. For some reason this was broken over a week or so ago. It still plays but doesn't show the song title or artist. I just like it for my car so I don't have to mess around with the phone to see the names of songs.

Sorry, I can't really test this stuff. I don't even use a BT headset, let alone that fancy AVRCP stuff.....

jldr

Aug 21, 2012
ARRRGHHH

lol. but seriously, what could I do to help?

I think you're right that this is a CM issue but I'm sure the a carbon dev can figure it out.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
ARRRGHHH

lol. but seriously, what could I do to help?

I think you're right that this is a CM issue but I'm sure the a carbon dev can figure it out.

Yes, that was my point - the issue is upstream. Does it occur on CM11 as well...? Can you pinpoint the day it broke?

jldr

Aug 21, 2012
I haven't tried CM11. But I posted early that it was the 2/2 nightly. It was either that one, or just before that.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm going to attempt building with the new unified method - thanks to dhacker for all the hard work he put in unifying the device trees!

Let me know if there's any issues folks. New device is called 'moto_msm8960'.

sunkim50

Aug 4, 2010
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm going to attempt building with the new unified method - thanks to dhacker for all the hard work he put in unifying the device trees!

Let me know if there's any issues folks. New device is called 'moto_msm8960'.

Just wanted to let you know that on all the unified builds for the xt926, I have had issues with the phone defaulting back to GSM. This is an issue because its not only do I lose data but also voice calls. Hopefully there is something you can implement that will force CDMA/LTE. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

On that note, bi-weekly builds of moto_msm8960_jbbl will start as of tonight.

You must be running the old 4.1.2 JB bootloader setup - this is basically for folks who can't upgrade to the new KK bootloader from moto for whatever reason.
    Managed to capture a black screen system freeze - the log starts this morning after enabling logging - check the logs around 13:17 towards the end.
    I left the rest in for error tracking because I heard it is a creeping issue.
    The phone took around 20-30 seconds to recover, I was booted back to the lockscreen and could use the phone again - this was not a total lockup that I had berfore..

Finally a useful log, thanks. (Though sadly not from pure CM11 installation, but whatever...)
    Well, useful in the sense that it shows what the issue actually is:
    Code:
    04-28 13:17:45.140   827 11039 I ActivityManager:   pers  P   195251 kB: com.android.systemui (1035) fixed
    (log.system)

The SystemUI process takes almost 200MB of RAM at the point of 'Low on memory' event.
    So it confirms the suspicion that it's a memory leak somewhere in SystemUI code (that's why I wanted to see the output of procrank command).
    Nevertheless, I'm still unable to reproduce the issue. My SystemUI takes about 40 MB Pss (sometimes less, sometimes more), with an occasional spike above 50MB usually cleared by GC pretty soon afterwards.

The questions what triggers the leak and where exactly in SystemUI it happens remain unanswered.
    In the case that you haven't noticed, my solutions for camcorder hiss noise bug is confirmed as working. Here you can find modded file just taken from Carbon rom running on my Razr HD.

Or just set MICBIAS to 1:1 as showed below.

Code:
    SectionDevice
        Name "Camcorder Tx"
        Comment "Camcorder Tx device"

EnableSequence
            'SLIM TX7 MUX':0:DEC3
            'DEC3 MUX':0:ADC4
            'DEC3 Volume':1:83
            'ADC4 Volume':1:100
            'SLIM TX8 MUX':0:DEC4
            'DEC4 MUX':0:ADC3
            'DEC4 Volume':1:83
            'ADC3 Volume':1:50
            'MICBIAS1 CAPLESS Switch':1:1
            'MICBIAS3 CAPLESS Switch':1:1
            'SLIM_0_TX Channels':0:Two
        EndSequence

DisableSequence
            'SLIM TX7 MUX':0:ZERO
            'DEC4 MUX':0:ZERO
            'DEC4 Volume':1:0
            'SLIM TX8 MUX':0:ZERO
            'DEC3 MUX':0:ZERO
            'DEC3 Volume':1:0
            'ADC3 Volume':1:0
            'ADC4 Volume':1:0
            'MICBIAS1 CAPLESS Switch':1:0
            'MICBIAS3 CAPLESS Switch':1:0
        EndSequence

ACDBID    4:2
        EffectsMixerCTL "SRS TruMedia"

EndSection
    That commit does not require any rebuild of ROM.
    It's just an edit of /system/etc/snd_soc_msm_2x (which is runtime config file).
    Anyone can do the edit and test it on his/her phone, no recompilation of platform code is needed.

That commit is known to make the noise less apparent, but it doesn't really fix the issue, the high frequencies are still there.

What's interesting is that only xt925 seems to be affected, I don't remember any xt926 user complaining about it.
    No reports from mb886/xt907/xt905/xt901/xt897 etc.
    @Zeljko1234 So you have it on Maxx HD a well? OK.

See also my post about it here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51486825&postcount=1735
    and here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51696342&postcount=1800