[Q] Unlocking Galaxy S4

Search This thread

firearmed

Feb 15, 2014
So i recently bought a galaxy s4 off A friend who has verizon. I thought it would be easy to unlock since i seen plenty of videos of it. Well none of them worked lol. Now i have a rooted s4 with a tmobile sim card inside that doesnt work :(. Do you guys know anyway to unlock a verizon galaxy s4 SCH i545. To work with tmobile?

douger1957

Jul 31, 2010
Fort Wayne
So i recently bought a galaxy s4 off A friend who has verizon. I thought it would be easy to unlock since i seen plenty of videos of it. Well none of them worked lol. Now i have a rooted s4 with a tmobile sim card inside that doesnt work :(. Do you guys know anyway to unlock a verizon galaxy s4 SCH i545. To work with tmobile?

Why don't you read a thread or two in the General forum, come back and tell us what you've learned?

Hint: you can't "unlock" it. There's a bootloader exploit for a limited number of phones with a very specific firmware revision, unless you have a Developer's Edition.

Last edited:

firearmed

Feb 15, 2014
Why don't you read a thread or two in the General forum, come back and tell us what you've learned?

Hint: you can't "unlock" it. There's a bootloader exploit for a limited number of phones with a very specific firmware revision, unless you have a Developer's Edition.

Mind leading me to it. Im a total nub when it comes to the lingo and phones in general. Links would be a lot of help

R

richii0207

Lol he's talking about unlocking It in terms of using using it on a different carrier. Nothing to do with bootloader

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

firearmed

Feb 15, 2014
So is there any hope for me? The lack of responses are killing me lol. I did try the service mode using the dialer and that didn't work D:. Now I'm using this as a ipod basically. Any help on how to make my tmboile service work would be much appreciated

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
So is there any hope for me? The lack of responses are killing me lol. I did try the service mode using the dialer and that didn't work D:. Now I'm using this as a ipod basically. Any help on how to make my tmboile service work would be much appreciated

I don't understand how the lack of responses could be "killing you", I mean, seriously?

Hint #1: THE I545 is not sim locked. You insert the T-Mobile SIM, configure the APN, and it'll work.
Hint #2: There's a "Search this forum" box. Type T-Mobile. You'll find the answers you seek by reading those threads.

firearmed

Feb 15, 2014
Its killing me because i really want to use this phone. I tried entering my sim and apn stuff but nothing works.

I even called Tmobile and they said the sim card is fine, it could be Verizon blocking it. Which can be true because the first time I put in my sim, it was working and showed as tmobile but now it doesnt.

So should I flash a rom, would it work if i flash a Tmobile rom?

Last edited:

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Its killing me because i really want to use this phone. I tried entering my sim and apn stuff but nothing works.

I even called Tmobile and they said the sim card is fine, it could be Verizon blocking it. Which can be true because the first time I put in my sim, it was working and showed as tmobile but now it doesnt.

No, you can't flash a T-Mobile ROM. You really need to read this sticky thread to help understand what's possible.

As I said, there's lots of threads providing directions for getting the i545 running on T-Mobile. You can find them easily.. there is no need for yet another thread about this.

Reactions: firearmed

firearmed

Feb 15, 2014
Hm, I have been reading the threads. But all of them had a point where there phone can make calls and what not but just couldn't go on the internet. Mine can't do anything, I don't really see anyone posting anything about it.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
If I'm not mistaken if the phone was paid off properly and is free from a contract then you should be able to walk into VZW and have them carrier unlock it for you. If he didn't pay off the phone then it's technically a phone with a bad esn and the first part of this post needs to be fulfilled.

firearmed

Feb 15, 2014
Is there anyway where I can force Unlock it? He moved so I can't really go to him and ask him anything since he lives in China now.

firearmed

Feb 15, 2014
Is there anyway I can get rid of the bad IMEI or ESN number? I heard flashing it to like HyperDrive can help.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
If I'm not mistaken if the phone was paid off properly and is free from a contract then you should be able to walk into VZW and have them carrier unlock it for you. If he didn't pay off the phone then it's technically a phone with a bad esn and the first part of this post needs to be fulfilled.

NO. No, not right, NO. Wrong. Incorrect. Invalid. Incorrect. Input rejected.

Do I make myself clear?

I'm getting tired of repeating this, but THE SCH-I545 IS NOT SIM LOCKED. It is not locked. It does not need to be unlocked. What you are saying is wrong, incorrect, invalid, unnecessary. You don't need to unlock. You get it always unlocked. You don't need to unlock it. Nobody needs to do anything to unlock it. It's not locked.

Do you get my drift yet?

The Federal Communications Commission required that carriers getting access to the 4G spectrum not lock their phones, so phones like the VZ Galaxy S4 are not SIM locked. Any carrier's SIM will work.

Comments like yours send people down a time-wasting path. It isn't locked. Why spend time unlocking it?

Reactions: Surge1223

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, you can't flash a T-Mobile ROM. You really need to read this sticky thread to help understand what's possible.

As I said, there's lots of threads providing directions for getting the i545 running on T-Mobile. You can find them easily.. there is no need for yet another thread about this.

NO. No, not right, NO. Wrong. Incorrect. Invalid. Incorrect. Input rejected.

Do I make myself clear?

I'm getting tired of repeating this, but THE SCH-I545 IS NOT SIM LOCKED. It is not locked. It does not need to be unlocked. What you are saying is wrong, incorrect, invalid, unnecessary. You don't need to unlock. You get it always unlocked. You don't need to unlock it. Nobody needs to do anything to unlock it. It's not locked.

Do you get my drift yet?

The Federal Communications Commission required that carriers getting access to the 4G spectrum not lock their phones, so phones like the VZ Galaxy S4 are not SIM locked. Any carrier's SIM will work.

Comments like yours send people down a time-wasting path. It isn't locked. Why spend time unlocking it?