Closed thanks

Search This thread

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
On the face of it this may not seem like much but WTH had it come from? It's causing grief. I can't make a back up. 16 gig phone You are taking about one backup of about 5gigs thx to the "data", plus it's still on the phone so that's over half my space taken! Now you see the issue. I've no laptop to store a backup on. This never used to be an issue. I've a superb cleaner for obsolete files that others leave. I tried saving the data and wiping it and starting the phone. Would not work so put it back.
Is this a crazy amount to have? It seems recent.
Running stock Kk with the superb Elementalx kernel.
If I had hair I'd pull it out! :p

From my mobile telephony device.

Last edited:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
On the face of it this may not seem like much but WTH had it come from? It's causing grief. I can't make a back up. 16 gig phone You are taking about one backup of about 5gigs thx to the "data", plus it's still on the phone so that's over half my space taken! Now you see the issue. I've no laptop to store a backup on. This never used to be an issue. I've a superb cleaner for obsolete files that others leave. I tried saving the data and wiping it and starting the phone. Would not work so put it back.

Sure mate, its the complete OS and your apps and its data. 4-5 gigs for a complete nandroid backup is pretty normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: howard bamber

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
You could get a pendrive and transfer the backups over there via OTG cable...

However, If you want to keep a backup on your phone itself and also want smaller nandrioids... Then transfer your media somewhere else as they can easily be transferred back to your device.. Take a nandrioid backup.. And then transfer all the media back to your device...
You could save a few GBs this way...

-Flowed from an IceCold Hammerhead!

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
I've a pen drive, 64gig titanium and USB otg from my Nexus 4 days. Doing what you said in a while. Cup of tea first, Btit :p

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Sure mate, its the complete OS and your apps and its data. 4-5 gigs for a complete nandroid backup is pretty normal.

Depends how advanced the recovery is I suppose. My full Nandroid backup is 2.4 GB. Set to highest compression setting

I use slimkat which may be slightly smaller than stock though. 161 user apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You could get a pendrive and transfer the backups over there via OTG cable...

However, If you want to keep a backup on your phone itself and also want smaller nandrioids... Then transfer your media somewhere else as they can easily be transferred back to your device.. Take a nandrioid backup.. And then transfer all the media back to your device...
    You could save a few GBs this way...

-Flowed from an IceCold Hammerhead!

Depends how advanced the recovery is I suppose. My full Nandroid backup is 2.4 GB. Set to highest compression setting

I use slimkat which may be slightly smaller than stock though. 161 user apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk