[Q] MT3G Stuck/Force Close/Frozen

Search This thread

threeclaws

Mar 7, 2006
California
So I'm trying to get my MT3G back up in running after a failed froyo update a while back.

I followed some instructions to put the phone back to stock and then to get the OTA update, after a few days of not getting the update I went ahead and gave some files a shot which left me with a phone that boots all the way up until the home screen should display and instead I get a force close/frozen phone.

This

sapphire 32b
hboot 1.33.0013 sapp30000
cpld-10
radio-2.22.23.02

is what I get from going into recovery. I'm not sure what I should try from here and don't want to make things worse.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
So I'm trying to get my MT3G back up in running after a failed froyo update a while back.

I followed some instructions to put the phone back to stock and then to get the OTA update, after a few days of not getting the update I went ahead and gave some files a shot which left me with a phone that boots all the way up until the home screen should display and instead I get a force close/frozen phone.

This

sapphire 32b
hboot 1.33.0013 sapp30000
cpld-10
radio-2.22.23.02

is what I get from going into recovery. I'm not sure what I should try from here and don't want to make things worse.

Well... if you have a custom recovery then I would suggest doing a data wipe and flash a new 32B rom.

mumilover

Mar 18, 2010
Copenhagen
Take out the simcard...
Let it load... sign in google account... make sure all is good... shutdown.. put simcard back in.. start and enjoy.

threeclaws

Mar 7, 2006
California
I'm able to access the stock recovery not a custom one, maybe recovery is the wrong term I can access a page when I hold back/power or vol down/power that gives me fastboot/hboot access.

There is no SIM card in it currently, I did try putting one in to see if it would make a difference and it didn't.

threeclaws

Mar 7, 2006
California
Not sure why you guys keep mentioning custom recovery, I went back to stock, but holding down home + power on start just give me the triangle/exclamation point/dead phone page.