New!! WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5 "23017 R2" SYS/XIP ROM ~ Updated: 8/6/2009

Search This thread

sopranoiam

Sep 26, 2007
Great ROM!

I was finally able to get your 6.5 ROM onto my Treo 750 and it's beautiful! I only have one problem. The phone will not hang up when I hit the Red End Call button. Is that a known glitch? I was reading and didn't find anything on it. I have to either take the battery out or soft reset it to get rid of the call. Otherwise everything else is great....thank you!

crt60

Jan 31, 2008
St. Louis
I was finally able to get your 6.5 ROM onto my Treo 750 and it's beautiful! I only have one problem. The phone will not hang up when I hit the Red End Call button. Is that a known glitch? I was reading and didn't find anything on it. I have to either take the battery out or soft reset it to get rid of the call. Otherwise everything else is great....thank you!

You can just simply hit the END button on the touch screen.:)

startngate

Oct 9, 2007
The phone will not hang up when I hit the Red End Call button. Is that a known glitch? I was reading and didn't find anything on it.
Yes it is ... not sure what you were reading, but it has been reported many times in this thread alone. Navenedrob even said it was one of the fixes he was preparing for the R3 release.

For this version of the ROM, you can either end the call by the END button on-screen (as crt60 mentioned) or by choosing one of the registry edit options also mentioned in this thread to assign one of the other buttons on your Treo to perform that function instead. Personally, I'm just dealing with it and will install the R3 release, as everything else I seem to use my Treo for is working great at this point.

blindluck08

Sep 25, 2007
i am enjoying the latest build, except for 2 "glitches maybe".

i cant seem to get any volume for anything - ringtones, music, etc...anyone else have this problem ?

and i cant get HSPA? to show.

anyone else experiencing anything similar?

jameswilson

Mar 19, 2007
Wonderful ROM, been using it for a week or 2.
Id say plus points

Fast (but i turned down the overclock to 400max and down to 100 on low use)
very very stable
id say best cooked rom ive ever used (also have a kaiser and prophet)
So good im using my old 750v day to day instead of my treo pro (still 6.1)

Bad points (mostly minor but thought should be bought up to aid R3)
Brightness function shortcut doesnt work
keyboard doesnt work at all in call (i know end key has been discussed and i too use the screen)
No option to autolock (i love the 6.5 lock screen by the way)
no option to lock touchscreen when in a call
power off on end key (i know its discussed and i have applied to recommended reg edit/download)
when entering letters to search for a contact from the home screen you have to wait for a couple of seconds before entering the name, ie you cant just start to type james you have to j <wait a couple of seconds> then ames.
When in he call history (sometimes) and pressing right to left cursor to chnage from mobile, to work etc it loops.
Silent switch on top does silent the device but doenst show on screen and doesnt then vibrate etc.
ie seems very slow (might be that the 750 is a bit underpowered?)

Other than that im mightily impressed and cant wait for r3 or 6.5 for my pro.
I do prefer the format of my 750v and think that palm missed a trick or 2 on the pro as the 750 was so near perfect IMO (ie 750 keyboard better, rubber non slippy back better but thats about it). Why they couldnt make a flush screen, with gps, slimmer, faster 750v ill never know.

Thanks again for R2 rom though as i said best cooked rom i have used to date, it has not fell over once. Id go as far as to say its more stable than the official 5.0 that it come with, the official 6.0 that vodafone provided and the cooked 6.1 i had on it in the end.
Good luck with R3.

James

libal

Feb 24, 2008
Id say plus points

very very stable

keyboard doesnt work at all in call (i know end key has been discussed and i too use the screen)
power off on end key (i know its discussed and i have applied to recommended reg edit/download)
when entering letters to search for a contact from the home screen you have to wait for a couple of seconds before entering the name, ie you cant just start to type james you have to j <wait a couple of seconds> then ames.
When in he call history (sometimes) and pressing right to left cursor to chnage from mobile, to work etc it loops.
Silent switch on top does silent the device but doenst show on screen and doesnt then vibrate etc.

I do prefer the format of my 750v and think that palm missed a trick or 2 on the pro as the 750 was so near perfect IMO (ie 750 keyboard better, rubber non slippy back better but thats about it). Why they couldnt make a flush screen, with gps, slimmer, faster 750v ill never know.

Thanks again for R2 rom though as i said best cooked rom i have used to date, it has not fell over once. Id go as far as to say its more stable than the official 5.0 that it come with, the official 6.0 that vodafone provided and the cooked 6.1 i had on it in the end.
Good luck with R3.

James

about the brightness : there is solution for it in the post.

PangOS

Jun 27, 2009
Id say plus points

very very stable

Good luck with R3.

James

Actually u can lock the screen while in a call. Start ->Lock

sam61n2

Aug 9, 2009
Sydney
i have flashed the apps pack .. and tht must hav included the latest Radio ROM..

if not then which Radio ROM is the original for 6.1 Professional aussie make..telstra??

Same problem here, I would prefer to keep the Telstra Radio as is, as it is faster, stronger signal and includes HSPDA when connecting to internet. How can I flash this ROM without installing the new Radio? Probably a stupid question, but would appreciate direction on how to do this if possible.

Just the same thanks for the work you do on these updates, as it really enhances the Treo 750.

Sam

libal

Feb 24, 2008
Same problem here, I would prefer to keep the Telstra Radio as is, as it is faster, stronger signal and includes HSPDA when connecting to internet. How can I flash this ROM without installing the new Radio? Probably a stupid question, but would appreciate direction on how to do this if possible.

Just the same thanks for the work you do on these updates, as it really enhances the Treo 750.

Sam

it does not flash the radio- only the rom.

jameswilson

Mar 19, 2007
libal.
I accept you canlock the screen manually, but on the palm roms you can autolock the touchscreen when in a call, to prevent your ear etc putting them on hold.

re the brightness issue. Sorry missed that one then.

papeluv

Dec 13, 2006
Alabama
Flashing Keypad

Has anyone noticed if their keypad flashes when using the keypad? It doesnt seem to do it every time a key is pressed but maybe 50% of the time. The back light for the keypad is illuminated, but will flash brighter when typing out a message.

rockjunkie

Mar 23, 2008
libal.
I accept you canlock the screen manually, but on the palm roms you can autolock the touchscreen when in a call, to prevent your ear etc putting them on hold.

re the brightness issue. Sorry missed that one then.

hi james, ref above have you looked at s2u2 or "slide to unlock", if you go through settings one is to switch screen off during call . i use it on my kaiser and it works a treat, just set everything else to off so the actual lock dont work.

navenedrob

Apr 24, 2009
Kannapolis, NC
Hello everyone,

I have been extremely busy at work and haven't had time to post any updates on the progress of the ROM. I am still working on the ROM... in fact I am working on TWO ROM's. The main cause for the delay is getting the Palm dialer and end call function to work in WM 6.5. I will be releasing two ROM's as stated, one will be 21054 Final WM 6.1 build, the other will be the 23017 build with fixes.

Look for them soon... :p

theoner1

Oct 10, 2008
Hello everyone,

I have been extremely busy at work and haven't had time to post any updates on the progress of the ROM. I am still working on the ROM... in fact I am working on TWO ROM's. The main cause for the delay is getting the Palm dialer and end call function to work in WM 6.5. I will be releasing two ROM's as stated, one will be 21054 Final WM 6.1 build, the other will be the 23017 build with fixes.

Thanks! I'll be waiting.

crt60

Jan 31, 2008
St. Louis
Hello everyone,

We're all waiting patiently brother, take your time, all good things come to those that wait.

Thanks for the hard work

jesusrr

Jan 21, 2007
Hello everyone,

Navenedrob,

Thanks for you work.

The baterry drains very fast. How can I validate if the infrared port is killing my baterry?

ak47kalam

Aug 27, 2009
How can I sync my treo with wm device center (or activesync)? It doesn't recognise it anymore, is there any way i can get my outlook contacts onto the phone?

Thanks! :)

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Hello everyone,

hmm that's intriguing, a WM6.1 build. Right now I'm using some a chinese ROM, which is actually WWE, and I'll have to say it's better than all the other WM6.1's here (sorry tacoman, yours was great but this chs one is beyond awesome). I'd like to see what your build would bring to the table.

Some things I like about the chinese ROM, it already has setting for the side button (default Palm setting was just a hold side option, this chs ROM has a single click option), it's also of course slimmer = a little more storage space, updated sounds for notifications, also the left softkey is customizable, as well as the entire OS is a bit more speedier thanks to a removal of the default font, which if I translated it right, they said that default font actually slows the OS down. This ROM coupled with the Telstra radio 1.54.31.00 is great. Sure the aforementioned stuff can be done easily in the registry, but this chs ROM does it out of the box and with speed.

One reason why I can't use WM6.5 is that password issue, in Esmertec jbed (all versions), one can't input a password into, say Opera Mini. I use Opera Mini for free internet so you can guess how much that means to me. WM6.5 Build 23016 on a HP hx2415 didn't have this problem, so I know it's only this Treo build.

I wanted to use your kitchen, but so many files in there I didn't know where to start lol. I actually tried the build before R2, but that's the one without Storage Card support so no way for me to try password input. Anyone else have ideas if the Timebomb fix ROM is worth a try?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Mangatron... Ive tried with your ROM but I can't installed... I don't know what I am doing wrong... I tried first the USB option

USB METHOD:

-Connect your device to a USB port.
    -Run RUUWrapper.exe
    -Follow what the program says.
    -Select an "Update" button when you see it, then "Next".
    -Wait.

but after this step (it doesn't let me choose which update btw) it says connection error and it stops... :(, then I've decided to try the SD option.

-Format a card to FAT32, I recommend nothing mightier than 2GB (I use a 1GB MicroSD)
    -Load "cheeimg.nbh" onto the card after formatting.
    -On the device, put the card in. Then press and hold the side media key (button below volume control down) ( I DID SO) and then use your stylus to press the reset hole (behind the Mini SD cover) (I DID SO TOO)

BUT IT NEVER REQUIRES THE RED BUTTON... THE I'VE PRESSED ANYWAY... BUT NOTHING

*What I am doing wrong? Can you help me? (Ive chosen the ROM 2.4 from your thread)

Cheers,
    Miguel

Hmm. You said you flashed that old WM6.5 ROM, I think that ROM had a lot of problems when it comes to flashing over it. I'm not sure how other members handled that, but over in my thread, in the last page I posted the Palm update recovery tool, see if that works for you.
    All, I haven't updated this thread in over 2 years. I no longer use a Treo 750. Believe it or not, I still HAVE the Treo 750. As such, I am going to remove information from the OP and request that a moderator lock this thread. Over the years I have received many inquires for the original ROM posted by me over 2 years ago, but sadly, I no longer have the software available and all links for it are long dead. Thanks for the support, and have a good day.