Search This thread

Jmp_3f8h

Jan 11, 2005
Hi guys!

here my first android app mainly born for personal usage and, now, considered "mature" enough for the brave members of this community ;)

iPulse is an application that let you pulse the data connection (and WiFi in the pro version) depending on several configurable events.
Extremely useful to awake services that needs internet connection (e.g. push mail) without necessity to keep it always on, thus reducing greatly the battery usage.

iPulse can ignore the connection status, operate in manual mode for connection always on, connection always off (as a standard connection on/off manager) or in a totally automatic mode, driven by events. The different operating modes can be switched using widgets and/or commands in the notification area (Android >= 4.1).

The configurable events that can activate the data connection (and WiFi in pro version) in automatic mode are:
  • Timer (frequency, duration, and daily range)
  • Screen on and unlocked (with optional delayed timeout)
  • Battery charge (AC or USB)

The configurable events that can deactivate the data connection (and WiFi in pro version) are:
  • Expire of scheduled timer
  • Screen off (with optional delayed timeout and list of foreground apps)
  • Low battery signal (ignored when battery is in charge)

iPulse works on any Android device version starting from 2.3 (Gingerbread) and doesn't requires device ROOT. It is available in English and Italian. The free version is without any ads, the pro/donate version has more widgets and the possibility to handle also the WiFi/Tethering connections.

Notes:
  • There is an online manual that describes all the features (you can find it here as well: http://www.thinksoft.it/android/iPulse/manual/ipulse-user-manual.htm).
  • Since dual SIM support is not standard in Android, it could be that iPulse won't work properly on dual SIM devices.
  • The first time you install it don’t forget to run the app and accept the EULA to properly configure and enable it.
  • I would like to hear your comments and suggestions, please post them here or send them to "ipulse AT thinksoft.it"

Here some screenshots as published also in the market:

img-widget1-en-s.png
img-about-en-pro-s.png
img-about2-en-pro-s.png

img-settings1-en-pro-s.png
img-settings2-en-pro-s.png
img-settings3-en-pro-s.png

img-settings4-en-pro-s.png
img-settings5-en-pro-s.png
img-settings6-en-pro-s.png

Here the links for the google play market:

Free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.thinksoft.ipulse&hl=en_GB
Pro/donate: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.thinksoft.ipulsepro&hl=en_GB

Have a nice day!​

Last edited:

jfcooley

Jul 15, 2011
Charlottesville Va
Going to give this a try while at work. My signal there is spotty at best. Over a 9 hour shift it takes a toll on the battery. I have Automate It turn data off once work starts but I miss emails throughout the day unless I toggle manually.

Tomorrow I'll give this a shot and see if this helps. If so I'll buy your pro even though I have no need for the advanced options.

Jmp_3f8h

Jan 11, 2005
If you have weak signal I suggest you to raise the data connection timeout, try at least 180 seconds, you can even go up, that is the maximum time to wait for a successful connection.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Jmp_3f8h

Jan 11, 2005
New version just published. Here the news:

- Fix bug: always auto start on reboot
- Feature: customize widget colors (including transparency)
- Feature: automatically switch on data and wifi connections on power/screen event
- Feature: disabled connection timeout on power/screen event
- Feature: logged connection timeout expired events
- Feature: increased log (25, 50, 100, 200)
- Feature: new set of icon for status bar

Reactions: mw86 and JohnnyEpic

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
If this could use root to force roam and allow roam preferences, it was make this already astounding app better.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: mw86

Jmp_3f8h

Jan 11, 2005
If this could use root to force roam and allow roam preferences, it was make this already astounding app better.

Hi,

Do you mean the possibility to override the "Data roaming" setting in the Android preferences (the flag highlighted in the image)?

Best regards,
Marco

Jmp_3f8h

Jan 11, 2005
A new version has been published!

Here the main changes based on your feedbacks:

Fix bug: disable airplane mode with charger connected doesn't enable connection
Fix bug: rapid switch between auto/manual/auto sometimes doesn't enable connection
Fix bug: screen off event before screen on timeout expiration sometimes doesn't enable connection
Fix bug: aesthetic fixes in the settings
Fix bug: connection suspension on 2G network on incoming/outgoing calls
Feature: compatibility timer (tested on Huawei Ascend P1)
Feature: improved user manual (widget customization)

Enjoy! :D

Best regards,
Marco

Jmp_3f8h

Jan 11, 2005
Version 2.5.0 (1.5.0 Pro) just published!

• Fix bug: sometimes data connection is not properly turned off after ending a call (only in 2G mode)
  • Fix bug: sometimes data connection is not properly turned on when switching on screen
  • Fix bug: missed activation event on screen on during wait for timer timeout
  • Fix bug: WiFi icon and command in status bar were not synchronized properly [1.5.0 Pro]
  • Fix bug: crash on setting tethering command in status bar [1.5.0 Pro]
  • Fix bug: time scheduler span across midnight (when activation on > activation off)
  • Feature: restructured settings section (best on tablet)
  • Feature: interface adjustments for device with big screen
  • Feature: new timer model for Android 4.4 (KitKat)

Best regards,
Marco

Jmp_3f8h

Jan 11, 2005
Just pushed a little update (2.5.1/1.5.1 Pro):

• - Fix bug: occasional vanishing of the buttons in the notification area for some versions of Android

Best regards,
Marco

Jmp_3f8h

Jan 11, 2005
Just published an update:

Ver. 2.6.0/1.6.0 (Pro)

- Feature: removed integrated manual (available online) to save memory usage
- Feature: the low battery threshold to disable iPulse is now selectable
- Feature: show next events in status bar (selectable from settings)
- Feature: added menu item to send e-mail to developers

Enjoy!

Martinhdk

Mar 7, 2007
Seems awesome. Something like DS battery saver pro. Does your app prevent wakelocks from apps that want to sync when screen off? :)

Jmp_3f8h

Jan 11, 2005
Seems awesome. Something like DS battery saver pro. Does your app prevent wakelocks from apps that want to sync when screen off? :)

Hi Martinhdk,

iPulse doesn't directly interact with apps (doesn't stop them), it controls the activation of the connection depending on events programmed (timer, screen, power), app that are "connection aware" (most of them) will connect and download automatically as soon as they will see the connection active.
Give a try to the free version it's full featured (except that doesn't manage the WiFi connection) and has no ads at all.
For any other question feel free to ask, I'll be glad to try to help you!

Best regards,
Marco

Last edited:

Jmp_3f8h

Jan 11, 2005
Version 2.6.3 / 1.7.1 Pro just published!

• Feature: added list of apps to monitor to keep connection active with screen off
  • Fix bug: removed erroneous toast notification
  • Fix bug: timer rescheduled erroneously (when timer event is the sole event configured)
  • Updated Android support library

Best regards,
Marco

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!

here my first android app mainly born for personal usage and, now, considered "mature" enough for the brave members of this community ;)

iPulse is an application that let you pulse the data connection (and WiFi in the pro version) depending on several configurable events.
    Extremely useful to awake services that needs internet connection (e.g. push mail) without necessity to keep it always on, thus reducing greatly the battery usage.

iPulse can ignore the connection status, operate in manual mode for connection always on, connection always off (as a standard connection on/off manager) or in a totally automatic mode, driven by events. The different operating modes can be switched using widgets and/or commands in the notification area (Android >= 4.1).

The configurable events that can activate the data connection (and WiFi in pro version) in automatic mode are:
    • Timer (frequency, duration, and daily range)
    • Screen on and unlocked (with optional delayed timeout)
    • Battery charge (AC or USB)

The configurable events that can deactivate the data connection (and WiFi in pro version) are:
    • Expire of scheduled timer
    • Screen off (with optional delayed timeout and list of foreground apps)
    • Low battery signal (ignored when battery is in charge)

iPulse works on any Android device version starting from 2.3 (Gingerbread) and doesn't requires device ROOT. It is available in English and Italian. The free version is without any ads, the pro/donate version has more widgets and the possibility to handle also the WiFi/Tethering connections.

Notes:
    • There is an online manual that describes all the features (you can find it here as well: http://www.thinksoft.it/android/iPulse/manual/ipulse-user-manual.htm).
    • Since dual SIM support is not standard in Android, it could be that iPulse won't work properly on dual SIM devices.
    • The first time you install it don’t forget to run the app and accept the EULA to properly configure and enable it.
    • I would like to hear your comments and suggestions, please post them here or send them to "ipulse AT thinksoft.it"

Here some screenshots as published also in the market:

img-widget1-en-s.png
    img-about-en-pro-s.png
    img-about2-en-pro-s.png

img-settings1-en-pro-s.png
    img-settings2-en-pro-s.png
    img-settings3-en-pro-s.png

img-settings4-en-pro-s.png
    img-settings5-en-pro-s.png
    img-settings6-en-pro-s.png

Here the links for the google play market:

Free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.thinksoft.ipulse&hl=en_GB
    Pro/donate: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.thinksoft.ipulsepro&hl=en_GB

Have a nice day!​
    New version just published. Here the news:

- Fix bug: always auto start on reboot
    - Feature: customize widget colors (including transparency)
    - Feature: automatically switch on data and wifi connections on power/screen event
    - Feature: disabled connection timeout on power/screen event
    - Feature: logged connection timeout expired events
    - Feature: increased log (25, 50, 100, 200)
    - Feature: new set of icon for status bar