It is the 21st of Nov, is the official GB out yet? [Update released]

Search This thread

tourjefferson

Jul 12, 2011
London
I guess because we are on an island, the wifi doesn't stretch that far from LG's headquarters..

And as usual they come with excuses:
"LG UK would like to express its thanks to all of the Optimus Series owners who have been waiting patiently for the Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade. We are excited by the high level of product interest that LG Optimus Series owners have shown, and we are taking all possible measures to offer a smooth OS upgrade in a timely manner.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the delay of the Gingerbread update. We were given 5th of December as the official release date, however it still seems to be unavailable for some handsets, and LG are currently looking into rectifying this issue as fast as possible. All we can advise at this point is to keep checking the mobile support tool to check the availability of Android 2.3.

I hope this has been of some assistance to you please do not hesitate in contacting us again should you require any further advice."

Liars, this update has been delayed for so long that they shouldn't have any problems on the release day, everything should have been done by now.

BTW my handset if a free-sim one (UK Region) and when I try to check which version this region has, well, it not appears on their list on the LG Update Tool.

Last edited:

kriptikchicken

Jul 4, 2011
I take it this will be a newer build of GB than the European leak that was released almost 3 weeks ago. Otherwise what's with the delay? :confused:

zsha

Dec 11, 2011
gallery not working

I ended up losing my patience for the uk update and loaded the 21a via kdz.

nearly everything works fine, so THANK YOU, but one glitch...my Gallery app seems to force close every time... about 1 sec into the launch i.e. it just gets to the main screen and fc.

does anyone know how to rectify this please ?

thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

FYI - quick update on above

it seems I can actually launch the gallery by going using a file browser and clicking a photo

that lets me scan and pan normally.

So it seems that the fc only happens when its on the main (first) gallery screen where those stacked tiles are normally...weird !

and yes for the record it was working fine before the 21a update.

vicvamp

Sep 22, 2011
I don't know why, but this is the error message I get when I try to download ... any ideas please ? I am so frustrated, not had a working phone for three days! :( Happy to buy you a beer if you can help me.

The connection has timed out

The server at csmg.lgmobile.com is taking too long to respond.

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
I don't know why, but this is the error message I get when I try to download ... any ideas please ? I am so frustrated, not had a working phone for three days! :( Happy to buy you a beer if you can help me.

The connection has timed out

The server at csmg.lgmobile.com is taking too long to respond.

mate no need for anything, more than happy to help out,

please check your private messages I have pm'd you a question

Top Liked Posts