Jelly Bean based Micromax A110 : Install CWM Recovery and Root
Before someone fires me with questions like what's new in this, i would like to confront that I know this guide is delayed to post as on date. But having noticed there are many ppl even today still with questions about how to root Jelly Bean based MMX A110. Thought of posting this guide for those people.
Dear Visitors, Please Thank the links (XDA links) on click that i mentioned below for downloads.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids your warranty. Neither ME nor XDA will be held responsible for bricking your phone. Use at your own risk.
1. SP Tools & VCOM Drivers
2. Micromax A110 drivers
3. CWM Recovery 126.96.36.199
Install CWM Recovery
1. Extract MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.zip, CWM Recovery to some path say C:\MMX\Update folder. Note: Extracted recovery must appear with filename as "recovery" mandatorily.
2. Extract SP Tools.7z with 7-zip software and locate to some path say C:\MMX\SPTOOL folder
3. Install VCOM and Micromax A110 aka Cynus Drivers.
4. Run Flash Tool.exe from extracted folder. Click Scatter-loading button and locate to the path C:\MMX\Update folder and select MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
5. Check the box RECOVERY only and Uncheck everything else.
6. Turn off your phone, Reinsert battery but don't plug in to pc now.
7. Click the Download(F9) button
8. Plug your phone (Turn off condition only) and it may ask some additional verification steps like install unsigned driver in Windows 7/8. Simply click yes install unsigned driver and wait.
9. You will see some msgs like Preloader bla bla. Just wait until you see OK button displayed on screen.
At this point CWM Recovery is installed. Click OK and disconnect your phone.
To enter Recovery:
Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together for few seconds until you get menu with options like Recovery and Factory reset. Select option Recovery by pressing Volume Up button. Another menu with 3 options will appear namely Recovery Mode, Fastboot Mode, Normal. Select Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down button. Here you go into CWM Recovery menu
Two ways possible.
1. Either install some Custom ROM which obviously will be pre rooted.
2. Place the downloaded SuperSU-v1.04.zip in Internal or External SD. Goto CWM Recovery. Choose option Install from SD card and browse to SuperSU-v1.04.zip You will get message as installation complete. Reboot your phone. Done..!!!
Credits : @icoolguy1995