Help me test this tweak for the touchscreen. (updated - 2)

Search This thread

adolfotregosa

Apr 22, 2005
Has many of you noticed, the touchscreen is way too sensitive and while typing / using the device, the touchscreen does not react correctly / works alone.

I think i found a way to at least make it a little better.

Install the cab and reboot.

Please tell me what you think.

Thank you.

EDIT: V2 of the tweak. It is my best. Can't find better results.

http://rapidshare.com/files/308896736/HTC_TouchScreen_v2.cab

or

http://www.4shared.com/file/155409836/f3823f42/HTC_TouchScreen_v2.html

in case you don't like it ..

http://rapidshare.com/files/308273174/HTC_TouchScreen_original.cab

Edit 2 - It seams that some ppl ( http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/hd2-capacitive-screen-too-sensitive ) like to judge without knowing what the problem is all about, so, two videos are really better than my english..

The problem in not about the display being to sensitive, is about it being precise or not and about ghost key-press ..

Just download the file bellow to understand what this is all about first...

http://rapidshare.com/files/307595308/touch_screen.zip

Last edited:

yessirrom

Jun 15, 2007
Texas
I am trying it now. The screen has been making me nuts. I have had mine for four days now. I read books using mobipocket and it will start changing pages by itself. It will also register random screen presses when using core player. And don't get me started on typing.....Hope this helps.

yessirrom

Jun 15, 2007
Texas
I am trying it now. The screen has been making me nuts. I have had mine for four days now. I read books using mobipocket and it will start changing pages by itself. It will also register random screen presses when using core player. And don't get me started on typing.....Hope this helps.

I do notice an immediate improvement. I will keep you posted, but the initial couple of tests feel way better. THANK YOU.

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I should have thought of this before installing the cab, but do you have a backup of the registry key that it alters? (Just in case I want to back-out)

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro

Cool. I'm not finding any difference, to be honest, but I was just about getting there with typing and have never had any phantom screen presses anyway, so probably not the best judge ;)

Would you mind posting either a cab or reg file for backing out? Not planning on doing it, but would like the option.

Cheers mate.

adolfotregosa

Apr 22, 2005

twisted-pixel

Feb 9, 2007
first try...seems to be much improved!!..will keep an eye and see if it really is better or just my imaginaton and wishful thinking

htc-hd2

Oct 29, 2009
Almere
For me it's 100% better!
I can now type the alphabet in one go without any error's!

Way to go!!!!!

Last edited:

kazriel

Nov 16, 2009
Ive been suffering nothing but grief from my touch screen, alot of phantom presses, if I just rest the phone in my palm and keep the screen untouched it goes crazy.

Just installed this a few hours ago, fantastic! Its probably too early to call it yet but this seems to have made a really big difference.
Thank you so much

blackb1ade

Oct 4, 2008
Can I ask - does this REDUCE the screens *sensitivity* in any way, or does it actually refine it's *accuracy* somehow? (if so, do you know how?)

Cheers :) (I'm considering it.....I dont get phantom presses but typing IS a *****)

AndyGarton

Jan 20, 2006
Another thumbs up here, seems much better. It's hard to know for sure if it's placebo/just getting better or not, but it's certainly no worse. It's also hard to describe what the change actually is, but the end result is that I get things right more consistently now.

Appelsap

Jul 25, 2007
Leiden
Works fine here also, don't notice a difference in touch sensitiveness, but it seems more accurate, can't say how you did it, but I like it.

Could be a placebo effect ofcourse, then again, I still like it :p

-NRG-

Sep 29, 2009
I've tried it as well but i didn't notice any difference but i wasn't that unhappy with the screen sensitivity as well.

Xaddict

May 15, 2009
Sydney
Phantoms

You could try a hard reset to see if it fixes your issue.

Ive been suffering nothing but grief from my touch screen, alot of phantom presses, if I just rest the phone in my palm and keep the screen untouched it goes crazy.

Just installed this a few hours ago, fantastic! Its probably too early to call it yet but this seems to have made a really big difference.
Thank you so much

bleary

Sep 9, 2006
Sunderland
Amazing!!

Was just saying to a colleague if this was on an iPhone, its tough luck!!

However this has been fixed with a simple cab file installation. Dont miss my iPhone 3GS one little bit!!