[Q] TMOBILE MY ACCOUNT APP NOT WORKING in HD2 SOLVED!

Search This thread

ElaineD

Mar 5, 2008
DFW
Yes, I've seached to the best of MY abilities.

I'm running the stock tmobile 3.14 ROM on my TMOUS HD2. I did a hard reset to get my data connection to turn off and get my wifi to work again (on advice of Tmobile support). However, after I restored my data with Sprite Backup, the Tmobile My Account app (DOWNLOADING SOON) stops working. It works before I restore my data so obviously something is changing on restore. Can anyone tell me where to look? I can always hard reset, copy the appropriate file, restore, and paste the file back on to the phone.... or a registery tweak? Help! :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

jundy16

Mar 26, 2010
My Account Android

My Account does not work for me either in Windows Mobile after upgrading to 3.14 ROM.

If you are using Android, then try cmylxgo Topia series. His build is customize for TMO US and all the Tmo stuff are working. My Account, Visual Voicemail, MMS with upto 1024 MB size.

Hope this helps.

ElaineD

Mar 5, 2008
DFW
My Account does not work for me either in Windows Mobile after upgrading to 3.14 ROM.

If you are using Android, then try cmylxgo Topia series. His build is customize for TMO US and all the Tmo stuff are working. My Account, Visual Voicemail, MMS with upto 1024 MB size.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, but I don't run Android (I like WinMo) and the My Account app works until I restore all my data and apps with Sprite Backup. Does ANYONE have any ideas why I'm having this trouble? :confused::confused::confused:

jundy16

Mar 26, 2010
What's your current data plan? Not sure if it's true. I have the Preferred Data plan for $20 and TMO Rep told me to switch to the $30 regular which works with all data devices. I told her I'll just keep my $20 unlimited and will just use the MyAccount web version.

Thanks, but I don't run Android (I like WinMo) and the My Account app works until I restore all my data and apps with Sprite Backup. Does ANYONE have any ideas why I'm having this trouble? :confused::confused::confused:

ElaineD

Mar 5, 2008
DFW
What's your current data plan? Not sure if it's true. I have the Preferred Data plan for $20 and TMO Rep told me to switch to the $30 regular which works with all data devices. I told her I'll just keep my $20 unlimited and will just use the MyAccount web version.

I have WiFi N at work and home so I don't have a data plan... that didn't stop my phone from constantly trying to turn the data connection on which messes up my WiFi. :confused:

WarMasterd

Sep 14, 2010
SinCity "Las Vegas"
Yes, I've seached to the best of MY abilities.

I'm running the stock tmobile 3.14 ROM on my TMOUS HD2. I did a hard reset to get my data connection to turn off and get my wifi to work again (on advice of Tmobile support). However, after I restored my data with Sprite Backup, the Tmobile My Account app (DOWNLOADING SOON) stops working. It works before I restore my data so obviously something is changing on restore. Can anyone tell me where to look? I can always hard reset, copy the appropriate file, restore, and paste the file back on to the phone.... or a registery tweak? Help! :confused::confused::confused:
Thanks to "Fishawy"
This sense fix actually fixed the My Account app, now it works like it did in the beginning!

Delete the folder: "\Storage Card\Application Data", and the file "Manilafull.xml" from \Windows folder and soft reset the device.

This fix was found here.

Thanks again Fishawy.

ElaineD

Mar 5, 2008
DFW
Thanks to "Fishawy"
This sense fix actually fixed the My Account app, now it works like it did in the beginning!

Delete the folder: "\Storage Card\Application Data", and the file "Manilafull.xml" from \Windows folder and soft reset the device.
This fix was found here.

Thanks again Fishawy.

Well, I've done it 4 times now... no joy. Oddly, when I install the 2009 version of the My Account app, it (the 2009 app) works perfectly.

bodyman

May 5, 2008
deleted - thought was for android not wm lol ss ;)

Last edited:

ElaineD

Mar 5, 2008
DFW
OK. I solved my problem! First I backed up my phone with Sprite Backup; then, I HARD reset. I copied the folders Program Files\ SelfService & Program Files\ MSelfService to my SD card. I restored my HD2 with Sprite backup. Then, after killing two prossesses (siHome.exe and siwatcher.exe), I deleted the folders Program Files\ SelfService & Program Files\ MSelfService and moved the folders (SelfService & MSelfService) that I had copied after the hard reset to my SD card back to Program Files. MAGIC!! :D:D:D

Last edited: