Playground ICS [New Era]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Bug Tracker

Playground ICS

I would like to take a moment and humbly thank AllDroid.org for supporting my campaign to keep Android development moving forward as a community. We are a single voice reminding everyone that as much as we are Android, Android is us.

Last edited:

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009
Hey man. Every one I've downloaded the past couple of days gives me the same sideload error lol

dino325

Nov 4, 2008
Lemoore, California
So when i install the base, I boot to the unlock screen and cannot get the screen to unlock due to screen inaccuracy. When I try to flash the port I receive an error and the installation aborts.

I guess I'm confused as well... AOSP was released and that is not the entire source?

The nexus source was released. In Git terms, it is just one branch.

And apparently I am going to have disappearing ink...(meaning you all get to miss my witty responses to the random comments)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is a development thread. We know about source. We know what was and wasn't released. This is not a place for general questions or chit-chat. If you have something to contribute, please post. If not, hit the thanks button, pull up a chair, and wait with the rest of us.

*smack* yeah, I am still trying to put together a frankenstein build process for the mecha. Right now it is a little ugly, but it is starting to make sense.

...and another case of dew gives its life to the cause...

kite edit: well, it wasn't aimed at you, obviously ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: osfreak
Not sure if I know what I am doing, but when the poop hits the propeller, I have never had to build source that wasn't already at least somewhat modified for my device.

I got all the proprietary stuff, the countless extra common additions, and now it seems I have to go find all the hardware build parts missing because all we got was a nexus layout and dashed hopes of much more.

It may or may not be realistic to just merge in the missing parts, but at least it is a good start. Everything is configured to work, it just wants some stuff I am still downloading.

chuckbeasley

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I downloaded and built ICS today. However, it is based on a 3.0 kernel and HTC hasn't released the source for that yet. It would make things go a lot faster if they release it soon.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Have you ever built android from source? Do you know what we have? Do you know what you're asking?

Development. I think if this guy had built something that ran he'd mention it.

I will post every detail I can, but I will admit a lot of it is currently mixed in with DHD and Dinc, as we have been working as one team instead of separate devices. I will make a point to link up what has been going on soon. That was overlooked on my part.

The builds in the first post are functional, but the version being built from source should not and will not be a half-@$$ rip -off of another device. That is costing time...

oh wow! look at you being a cool forum mod on the internet! You show your authority foo!

A lot of people say they did something and oh yeah i rooted the inc...oh yeah where is the method...ummmm tell you in a week or so just making sure i can release it...couple days later it was all fake. It mostly always is. If people make claims they should show proof but you believe everything everyone says you amazing mod you.

ps: if someone makes a dumb comment ignore it. bc your a mod doesnt mean you can shoot off dumb*** comments, not everyone is as smart as you im sorry to say it.

While I do not always agree with the Mods on this forum, I have been in contact with the one keeping a watch over this forum and he has a good understanding of what is and isnt relevant. He responded to make a valid point because a lot of the posts that have been removed are the direct result of not reading the first post. There have been MANY posts throughout the entire site pushing for releases only days after the initial release of a partial source. I think it is best you keep in mind, that nothing he said is directly rude unless you choose to read it that way.

To read up on a lot of the details of what is going on, a lot of the work is better documented http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1343361

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ryanmo5 and M..N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts