Need help!!! installed 32A radio on 32B phone

Search This thread

betaboy

Mar 8, 2007
I installed 32A (6.35.10.18) radio on my Tmobile mytouch 32B by mistake.
Before doing this I had my phone rooted and SPL (1.33.2005 i think). Now fast boot shows its a 32A device . Now not able to run recovery mode.
I am not able to revert it back to 32B radio.
Tried to unroot but it says version is older(with gold card).

Some one please help me......

phantommusik

Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I installed 32A (6.35.10.18) radio on my Tmobile mytouch 32B by mistake.
Before doing this I had my phone rooted and SPL (1.33.2005 i think). Now fast boot shows its a 32A device . Now not able to run recovery mode.
I am not able to revert it back to 32B radio.
Tried to unroot but it says version is older(with gold card).

Some one please help me......
You should be able to flash a radio image from fastboot. All you would need is to connect via USB. The phone will show 'fastboot usb' instead of 'fastboot'. You'll need the android sdk in order to go any further. Place the radio you want in the tools folder of the sdk so that it's easier to get to. Bring up a command prompt and navigate to the tools folder.

For me it looks like this:
cd\
cd androidSDK/tools

From there you'll need to make sure that the android drivers are installed properly. You can do this just by typing this:
fastboot devices

This will bring up a serial number if the drivers are installed correctly. If not you'll need to get the appropriate drivers. I believe I found mine during the gold card root process on the Unlockr's site.

As soon as your computer is talking to your phone it's simple.

In your command prompt simply type the following:

fastboot update <radio.img>
fastboot reboot

This will reboot the phone and it should reflash the radio. I've never had to do this so I don't know if it is going to work. Take these words with a grain of salt though... this could still brick your phone. Who knows? Next time just make sure you have the appropriate files. Especially when dealing with radio and spl. You're lucky your phone even turns on.

Good luck!

gymmy

Dec 7, 2009
yeah i did the same last night, but mine is stuck with RUU USB and since the SPL is perfect i cant do anything as i get a signature verify fail or remote: can not do message

If you find a solution id be very interested.

Cheers.

betaboy

Mar 8, 2007
Hi phantommusik,
Thanks for your response. This what I get when I do update radio.imp

"EOCD not found, not Zip
error: failed to access zipdata in '☺'"

No clue what it means :(

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
I am by no means an expert on the 32B Magic, but...

Try creating a Goldcard. There are instructions on this forum.

Then, even if your phone is stuck in RUU mode, you should be able to apply this RUU for the 32B Vodafone Magic.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=640283

I warn you though, you might end up with an unrootable phone. But at least it will work.

EDIT: Pay careful attention to these steps. Make sure a goldcard is in your phone before starting.

- Download and run the RUU executable
- When the wizard is at step 1, open a file search dialog
- Look for a file named rom.nbh (should be in %temp% folder)
- Copy the rom.nbh to another folder and rename it to SAPPIMG.NBH
- Close the wizard
- Copy the sappimg.nbh to the root of your SDCard
- Power down your phone
- Boot your phone while pressing "volume down"
- It will ask you to update (wait a bit till the question pops up)
- Press trackball to start update
- After update press trackball again to reboot

phantommusik

Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
Sorry!

Hi phantommusik,
Thanks for your response. This what I get when I do update radio.imp

"EOCD not found, not Zip
error: failed to access zipdata in '☺'"

No clue what it means :(

I know exactly what that means!!! It means I didn't give you complete instructions! My bad! When you are flashing anything from recovery or fastboot it has to be a .zip file or .nbh. I'm not entirely sure what needs to happen in order to get it to read it but you could try sticking that radio in a .zip file with NO COMPRESSION. You might want to take a look at some of the other threads in here to see what they have to say about putting just a radio in a zip file! I would suggest downloading a radio update that is already a zip file!

Hope this helps!

gymmy

Dec 7, 2009
becareful flashing this rom, it is perfected and you cant root it :( and if you can i wanna know how !:)

betaboy

Mar 8, 2007
I tried updating the new RUU when in fastboot, but there was an error saying incorrect id.
Then I coppied rom.zip file and renames it to sappimg.zip, hboot hung when updating RADIO_V2.

Please help me, its ok even if cant root the phone.

vmaxada

Feb 24, 2009
Thessaloniki
becareful flashing this rom, it is perfected and you cant root it :( and if you can i wanna know how !:)

Listen. If you really don't know, stop misleading people. You can't root this ROM, but you can install one that is already rooted. This ROM has the kernel fault that allows flashrec to install a custom recovery ROM. From then on you can do whatever you like with your phone, even revert it back to 32B. Amon_Ra's ROM for 32B Magic is a good place to start. Read here the post my friend wrote to thank me about getting his Magic back (It's translated from Greek, hence the bad English).

I tried updating the new RUU when in fastboot, but there was an error saying incorrect id.
Then I coppied rom.zip file and renames it to sappimg.zip, hboot hung when updating RADIO_V2.

Please help me, its ok even if cant root the phone.

You' ll need a goldcard to use this. Stop doing things that can mess up your phone even more (like sappimg.zip etc). Just use the instructions in the link I posted before. About rooting please read my reply @gummy just above.

Last edited:

betaboy

Mar 8, 2007
When I ran "RUU Sapphire HTC Arabic Etisalat" the installation got sturck at 77% (updating radio).
I removed the batter and plugged it back, now the phone got struck in RUU mode :( couldnt go to fastboot....... does it mean its bricked?

vmaxada

Feb 24, 2009
Thessaloniki
When I ran "RUU Sapphire HTC Arabic Etisalat" the installation got sturck at 77% (updating radio).
I removed the batter and plugged it back, now the phone got struck in RUU mode :( couldnt go to fastboot....... does it mean its bricked?

Repeat the process with the RUU. It did the same thing, when I used it and after 1 or 2 tries the ROM was flashed properly.