[Q] Unroot and reinstall bloatware

Search This thread

pmonty

Aug 21, 2014
I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 using the following method theunlockr.com/2013/01/26/how-to-root-the-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-10-1/ I proceeded to uninstall some apps, plugins and services. I have removed most if not all the ones I want removed but just wondering If I decide to unroot how do I do so and at the same time get back all the bloatware?

pmonty

Aug 21, 2014
After some research might doing the same process though with the stock firmware work? Though not sure where to find the Australia region firmware and I believe mine had 4.2.2 from stock when i first got it.

L3R0N

Jul 13, 2014
Roseau
I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 using the following method theunlockr.com/2013/01/26/how-to-root-the-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-10-1/ I proceeded to uninstall some apps, plugins and services. I have removed most if not all the ones I want removed but just wondering If I decide to unroot how do I do so and at the same time get back all the bloatware?

The tab can be reverted to stock by flashing the stock firmware via Odin. Use samfirmware.com to find the firmware for your device. Download the zip and Odin as well. Reboot tab to download mode by pressing and holding the power+volume down together. Open Odin and click on PDA, select the downloaded firmware file, plug in your tab and click start. After a few minutes all should be complete and you should have stock ROM back......bloated and unrooted.

pmonty

Aug 21, 2014
The tab can be reverted to stock by flashing the stock firmware via Odin. Use samfirmware.com to find the firmware for your device. Download the zip and Odin as well. Reboot tab to download mode by pressing and holding the power+volume down together. Open Odin and click on PDA, select the downloaded firmware file, plug in your tab and click start. After a few minutes all should be complete and you should have stock ROM back......bloated and unrooted.

It worked. Only reason I unrooted is because I think I removed the polaris viewer by accident and didnd't follow instructions properly on which things to remove and what effects can occur as a result.

So instead I have disabled a lot of things for now and when I am ready I will unroot and unbloat it properly.

L3R0N

Jul 13, 2014
Roseau
It worked. Only reason I unrooted is because I think I removed the polaris viewer by accident and didnd't follow instructions properly on which things to remove and what effects can occur as a result.

So instead I have disabled a lot of things for now and when I am ready I will unroot and unbloat it properly.

That's great to hear. I dislike Polaris viewer. I personally use wps office. It's on the play store,, it's free and has excellent features.