[Q] HELP!! Broken screen, backup all data tips?

Search This thread

somevietguy

May 5, 2010
Toronto
i cant believe i dropped a dumbbell directly on the screen at the gym and the screen is completely done. phone still seems fully functional (speakers,buttons work, screen lights up but cant see anything.) i managed to copy all files/folders by usb through "my computer" but from my knowledge theres still "hidden" data. i managed to backup the phone using kies 3 but how do i transfer my contacts to my spare phone (htc one x)?

how do i completely back up the whole phone so i can transfer to my new phone? my main concern is stuff like sms,contacts, call history,photos videos....

any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks. i will even "donate" for your advice/tips

Anubhav Agrawal

Nov 26, 2012
Delhi
i cant believe i dropped a dumbbell directly on the screen at the gym and the screen is completely done. phone still seems fully functional (speakers,buttons work, screen lights up but cant see anything.) i managed to copy all files/folders by usb through "my computer" but from my knowledge theres still "hidden" data. i managed to backup the s4 using kies 3 but how do i transfer my contacts to the spare phone(htc one x)?

how do i completely back up the whole phone so i can transfer to my new phone? my main concern is stuff like sms,contacts, call history,photos videos....

any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks. i will even "donate" for your advice/tips

first of all,wrong thing to say - I will even donate,we don't help people to get donated.

Next thing,I think kies backup everything,contacts,sms,calender,videos,photos.. See for an option there,u will find it..
Once u have the backup done,go to the folder where kies saved every thing,then check if contacts are in .vcf extention,if so,then copy the file(s) to other phone and simply run the file,it will ask something/maybe directly place all ur contacts there..
That's all!

Sent from my GT-I9500

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
i cant believe i dropped a dumbbell directly on the screen at the gym and the screen is completely done. phone still seems fully functional (speakers,buttons work, screen lights up but cant see anything.) i managed to copy all files/folders by usb through "my computer" but from my knowledge theres still "hidden" data. i managed to backup the phone using kies 3 but how do i transfer my contacts to my spare phone (htc one x)?

1. For manage the screen of your phone through your pc, you can use Droid Screen
2. Taking a look the step 1, you can backup sms and contacts with this app: HERE
3. I hope it helped you :)

Last edited:

RubbaBand

Mar 24, 2014
Benghazi
Download ADB TOOLS & DroidAtScreen
make sure that you have java installed in pc
if you dont have usb debugging mode enabled you are out of luck if you have then continue
1- extract each zip files
2- open the DroidAtScreen folder and open the .jar file
3- locate adb.exe located at ADB tools folder
4- connect your phone to pc
and you are in

Last edited: