[APP][VGA][12.22.2009]HTC Sense 2.1.1920.2517 VGA Port

Search This thread

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
Thanks for the release bro. It will be really amazing to have the "people" tab from 2.5 to 2.1! It will probably be the best manila ever!...

Yes I agree...if we can get the people tab and twitter tab from 2.5 this would be the best thing ever.

@amarullz, Can you look into this? If it can be done I bet you can do it!

@kimi, thanks so much for your work!

TMartin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 30, 2008
Sunbury, Ohio
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
for those who haven't made the switch to Sense 2.5, here is my complete vga port of Sense 2.1 (Manila 2.1.1920.2517). :)

scrn1.jpg
scrn2.jpg

VK Packages:

Mirror 1
Mirror 2

these packages are meant for cooking into a rom. cab install files will be added in the near future. the Tachi/Rhodium dialer is also required. i included the WWE weather database as the default. you may replace it with your own localized database. (2330fc3c_manila)

it's possible to use different versions of these packages with the exception of the ContactUtilityEngine package. that one must be for manila 2.1 (ie you can't use one that was meant for manila 2.5).

if you're using win6.1, there are some registry entries that will need to be changed.

bug reports are welcomed on the off chance that i may have overlooked something during bug testing.

Note for CDMA users:
i integrated a mod to bypass the SIM card check when trying to send sms. make the following registry change:
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"People.IsCDMA"=dword:1
i couldn't find a way to remove SIM related menu items from the people tab in time for this release. so, you'll have to ignore them for now.

special thanks to yozgatg, Captain_Throwback, TMartin03, dharvey4651, and all my testers :D

Sweet!!!! Nice I got a special thanks. I haven't got to test the final packages since I only brought my Touch Pro2 to work but I'm about to have some CDMA Calkulin's Kitchen followers test a kitchen I put together. I will refer them to this thread to thank you for your AMAZING work(as usual) and for any Manila questions they have. Thanks again kimi_sae_ireba.

D8nkE

Jan 18, 2009
Newmarket
Everything is working great except Sense is crashing when i select 'All People' on the contacts tab. Is it just me? Any suggestions?

scout7

Nov 28, 2008
Note for CDMA users:
i integrated a mod to bypass the SIM card check when trying to send sms. make the following registry change:
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"People.IsCDMA"=dword:1
i couldn't find a way to remove SIM related menu items from the people tab in time for this release. so, you'll have to ignore them for now.

special thanks to yozgatg, Captain_Throwback, TMartin03, dharvey4651, and all my testers :D

I only had the sim card issue when replying to a text, using arcsoft.

rileyd5

May 6, 2008
Pittsburgh
great work! running great on my CDMA diamond, Mystery rom style :) anyone have a bg4all cab that will work with this latest port. Also clear slider cab. thanks!

kimi_sae_ireba

Oct 25, 2007
Yes I agree...if we can get the people tab and twitter tab from 2.5 this would be the best thing ever.

like i mentioned before, there's no guarantee that it can be fully ported. i have yet to figure out how to port the email tab which doesn't even use a service dll. :eek:

Also my Comm tab is blank, has partial text at the top, anyone else getting this ?

that may be related to the CommManager you have installed.

I only had the sim card issue when replying to a text, using arcsoft.

whenever i send mms from manila, it seems to randomy fail the first time it tries to send (through arcsoft). hitting retry will send it successfully.

is there a way to have facebook integration in the all people tab?

i haven't used 2.5 long enough to know how integrated facebook is. if it relies on the facebook engine and not a manila service, then there may be hope.

jmckeejr

Aug 11, 2008
Altoona, Pa
www.mckeeflooring.com
i haven't used 2.5 long enough to know how integrated facebook is. if it relies on the facebook engine and not a manila service, then there may be hope.

Even in GenY 1.5 port there is possibility to link contacts with facebook profile. Maybe another contact utility or contact card? I know the first time I tried I was able to at least set My Card pic to my Facebook profile(then switched to the included NewContactCard and Contact Util and cant). But that was it. Does anyone have a working combo?

solidkundi

Sep 27, 2008
how does the SMS Threaded Chat system work...is it the graphical similar to 2.5 or the standard windows mobile version?

scout7

Nov 28, 2008
Issues

The comm manager tab was my fault, I didn't select a skin.
I think the registry edit fixed the text issue.

Thanks for the effort.

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Clock has that nasty flip bug, here is a modified file that fixes.

View attachment 259703

Also my Comm tab is blank, has partial text at the top, anyone else getting this ?

It's not a "nasty bug" it's a feature. Big difference...

Not to be a **** but the comm manager has nothing do with Manila or "Sense".

Nice work.

After I flash a ROM with I will donate, if you add a donate link to either the first post or your signature.

You will... I'm releasing one tonite. :)

Top Liked Posts