[Q] [ROM] [4.4.4] [Aug-07] [UNOFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.5 Beta1 - Call & Display

Search This thread

captainsangria

Oct 3, 2011
[Q] [ROM] [4.4.4] [Aug-07] [UNOFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.5 Beta1 - Call & Display

Hi!

I am using this ROM from @Spezi77 since yesterday and it runs pretty smooth.
The only Issue i recognized: if someone calls me, the display stays black for some seconds and after that it shows me the caller.

Can somebody help me or tell me which settings i have to change?

edit: Lookup is disabled in settings

thx

----------------------------------------
german version:

Hi!

Ich benutze seit gestern diese Version und sie läuft sehr gut und sehr flüssig.
Das einzige Problem, das ich bis jetzt habe ist, dass das Display dunkel bleibt, wenn mich jemand anruft. Das dauert ein paar Sekunden (2-3) und dann erst, geht das Display an und zeigt mir den Anrufer.

Gibt es hier einen Trick oder bestimmte Einstellungen, die mir hier helfen könnten?

Dieses "Lookup" habe ich bereits deaktiviert - dadurch wurde es besser.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2014
I followed the directions to install @Spezi77 but I found some problems:
- The home button does not work
- The key does not work quicktiles
- The standard browser closes immediately
- The LED does not work
- The notification bar does not show anything; incoming call, apps installation, whatsapp's messages whatsapp, nothing
Too bad, because the rest is the fastest and most stable ROM I've ever tried.

Also strange that the same device with the same ROM to behave in a different way; In fact, other users have reported the same problems.
I something wrong?

spezi77

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Hi!

The only Issue i recognized: if someone calls me, the display stays black for some seconds and after that it shows me the caller.

thx

german version:

Hi!

Das einzige Problem, das ich bis jetzt habe ist, dass das Display dunkel bleibt, wenn mich jemand anruft. Das dauert ein paar Sekunden (2-3) und dann erst, geht das Display an und zeigt mir den Anrufer.

Gibt es hier einen Trick oder bestimmte Einstellungen, die mir hier helfen könnten?

There have been quite a few reports about delays with incoming calls for other kk roms (CM or Carbon: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658853&highlight=call+delay&page=22) as well. In my opinion this is a general device specific issue. There is no solution yet.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

I followed the directions to install @Spezi77 but I found some problems:
- The home button does not work
- The key does not work quicktiles
- The standard browser closes immediately
- The LED does not work
- The notification bar does not show anything; incoming call, apps installation, whatsapp's messages whatsapp, nothing
Too bad, because the rest is the fastest and most stable ROM I've ever tried.

Also strange that the same device with the same ROM to behave in a different way; In fact, other users have reported the same problems.
I something wrong?

On my device these things are working:
- The home button
- The standard browser

What do you mean with "The key does not work quicktiles"?

I have added "The LED does not work" to not working list in rom thread. :good:

Feb 22, 2014
There have been quite a few reports about delays with incoming calls for other kk roms (CM or Carbon: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658853&highlight=call+delay&page=22) as well. In my opinion this is a general device specific issue. There is no solution yet.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

On my device these things are working:
- The home button
- The standard browser

What do you mean with "The key does not work quicktiles"?

I have added "The LED does not work" to not working list in rom thread. :good:

First, sorry for my bad english.
Second, thanks for your work on this device

About "The key does not work quicktiles" I mean that when you pull down the status bar and tap on the right icon, nothing appears. So is not possible for me enable pie.
But the most annoying thing is the status bar that not show nothing.

About the home button and standard browser, have you some trick or suggestions on how fix?
Thanks
Marco

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
First, sorry for my bad english.
Second, thanks for your work on this device

About "The key does not work quicktiles" I mean that when you pull down the status bar and tap on the right icon, nothing appears. So is not possible for me enable pie.
But the most annoying thing is the status bar that not show nothing.

About the home button and standard browser, have you some trick or suggestions on how fix?
Thanks
Marco

I don't have the issues described by you on my device. Seems like sth went wrong at installation time. Try first to reinstall the ROM.

Sent from my Nexus™4 ?

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Hi!

thx

german version:

Hi!

GOOD NEWS! There seems to be a solution for fixing the problem with the responsiveness when an incoming call occurs. Please checkout the hint posted by @Robbie P for the HTC HD2 (which is the big brother of the HTC Desire). :D

I also found settings/sounds/interruptions/priority-interruptions/calls was not selected by default. After selecting, there appears to be no delay (when receiving calls) between when you hear the ringing tone on the calling phone and when I hear my phone ringtone, The screen wakes up after a couple of seconds ok and I can answer from the lockscreen, so hopefully no more missed calls.:fingers-crossed::good:

Reactions: Robbie P

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

thx

german version:

Hi!

GOOD NEWS! There seems to be a solution for fixing the problem with the responsiveness when an incoming call occurs. Please checkout the hint posted by @Robbie P for the HTC HD2 (which is the big brother of the HTC Desire). :D

I also found settings/sounds/interruptions/priority-interruptions/calls was not selected by default. After selecting, there appears to be no delay (when receiving calls) between when you hear the ringing tone on the calling phone and when I hear my phone ringtone, The screen wakes up after a couple of seconds ok and I can answer from the lockscreen, so hopefully no more missed calls.:fingers-crossed::good: