[UPG 12 may 10][ROM][WWE][ITA]Miky 6682 WM6.5 build 23569.

Search This thread

stretchtunin

Dec 25, 2008
Miami, Fl
www.RIFASband.com
Miky, two things.

Firstly, what's the file name for the manilla wallpaper in your 23518 ROM is. I'd like to make it my wallpaper in the start menu too. I would assume it's somewhere in the windows folder.

Second, have you seen any issues with the notifications bar (top icon bar, whatever it's called)? Periodically it stops functioning along with SMS notification pop-ups. Only a reboot will get it functioning again.

Great ROM's. Thanks.

chathar

Nov 5, 2009
Lahore
unable to Boot a ROM

Dear All,

I actually needed some guidance related to cooking a ROM for ELF.

On a Fresh Windows XP Machine, i downloaded and Installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and SP1!

Then I downloaded Kitchen "ELF_in__Hybrid_Kitchen_v2.0.8", extracted it on C:\ELF(in)_Hybrid_Kitchen.

I downloaded HTC Shipped Rom and placed RUU_Signed.nbh in C:\ELF(in)_Hybrid_Kitchen\Extract_ROM\BaseROM, and on Kitchen's Menu:
Pressed "a" to Extract ROM.
Pressed "1" to Dump Elf(in)'s ROM
Process Completed, in C:\ELF(in)_Hybrid_Kitchen\Extract_ROM\Temp, I received Folders "Packages" and "XIP", and a file xip.bin
The "Packages" folder had "OEM" and "SYS" folders in it.

Copied "SYS" and "OEM" folders to C:\ELF(in)_Hybrid_Kitchen\Build_ROM\
and Copied "XIP" folder to C:\ELF(in)_Hybrid_Kitchen\Build_ROM\ROM\

Pressed "c" to Build ROM on Main Menu.
Ervius PkgToolsBuildOS kitchen opened
in "BuildOS" Tab, I pressed "Load ROM" and then Pressed Start Button.

All worked fine, and it said, ROM built successfully, but when i Burn this ROM to my Device, it just stucks on "smart mobility" and does not proceed. any idea what is wrong and what to fix?

Thanks in Advance,

athar

Dear Miky, Log files Attached, kindly advise.

Attachments

• BuildosX-log.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 4

miky6682

Jun 2, 2008
Naples
Miky, two things.

Firstly, what's the file name for the manilla wallpaper in your 23518 ROM is. I'd like to make it my wallpaper in the start menu too. I would assume it's somewhere in the windows folder.

Second, have you seen any issues with the notifications bar (top icon bar, whatever it's called)? Periodically it stops functioning along with SMS notification pop-ups. Only a reboot will get it functioning again.

Great ROM's. Thanks.

this are manila backgound
hh_fw_background.png
hh_focus_fw_background.png

you can also change with your own editing htchomesetting.xml.

for iussues you tell i haven't seen this but i'll check.

fabcal

Mar 17, 2008
Cagliari
Miky, two things.

Great ROM's. Thanks.

You can solve bug top bar icon disabling screen message. Cause is in the softkey notification. No need to restart your PDA, just disable the manila2d and notification softkey appears. So you can give a confirmation notification and unlock the taskbar. In any case, even if you disable the notification receiving sms and let the alarm sound, then the message appears in manila2d with alert (number of new sms in the manila icon)

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Up to now, after 3 days of testing, full loading of the device with all my programs and customizations, even with SPB Mobile Shell besides Titanium and Manila, the ROM is responding well, is fast and stable, I have found no problems at all.
Thanks Miky for this wonderful ROM.

svvv

Oct 11, 2008
Chennai
Hey milky i have installed your latest ROM in my elf....its very fast and stable...
But i have one issue while using GPRS using opera mini or any java based browser internet gets reconnected everytime an request is being sent. for eg, after opening any site, when i once again click on any link on that site internet automatically disconnects and then reconnects again.

can please give me a solution for this?

stretchtunin

Dec 25, 2008
Miami, Fl
www.RIFASband.com
I've been having some really strange things happen in the last day or two. I wonder if there's any apps that anyone have found to be problematic. I also recently got a new BT headset (in case that matters).

Are the Advanced Config "Performance" settings a potential problem? I've seen some posts about it that go both ways for 6.5.3.

Examples of weirdness: The weather tab is telling me that it's 34F in Miami, Fl. I wish! Showcase stops working (that might be related to the notification issues from a few posts a go).

Chime in if you've had similar issues. Thanks.

miky6682

Jun 2, 2008
Naples
Hey milky i have installed your latest ROM in my elf....its very fast and stable...
But i have one issue while using GPRS using opera mini or any java based browser internet gets reconnected everytime an request is being sent. for eg, after opening any site, when i once again click on any link on that site internet automatically disconnects and then reconnects again.

can please give me a solution for this?

I alwais use internet connection with wifi and i don't have this problem, i'll check

I've been having some really strange things happen in the last day or two. I wonder if there's any apps that anyone have found to be problematic. I also recently got a new BT headset (in case that matters).

Are the Advanced Config "Performance" settings a potential problem? I've seen some posts about it that go both ways for 6.5.3.

Examples of weirdness: The weather tab is telling me that it's 34F in Miami, Fl. I wish! Showcase stops working (that might be related to the notification issues from a few posts a go).

Chime in if you've had similar issues. Thanks.

try to set advance setting config to default setting.
34 fahrenheit in Florida? somethings goes wrong ;)
try to change unit in manila.
Showcase never did this problem to me. Did you remove some shortcut or registry valus?

crapula512

Sep 17, 2008
London, UK
hi miky,

have u try any of the Paul_Days optimizations with your rom? did u use anyone while cooking the last release?

i'm looking forward to improve the performance even further...

thx

vasujahagirdar

Jan 1, 2009
raichur,karnataka
hi miky have u noticed that msgs we have sent or have seen the, copy of all of them will be present in draft folder.why??i have noticed that in ur earlier roms aswel.i dont know anybody seen that in there roms???

miky6682

Jun 2, 2008
Naples
hi miky have u noticed that msgs we have sent or have seen the, copy of all of them will be present in draft folder.why??i have noticed that in ur earlier roms aswel.i dont know anybody seen that in there roms???

could be related to threaded sms? try to disable this and tell me if this appears again.
Sure ms has updated tmail, if in oldest build this not appears I could revert to an oldest tmail.

alh84001

Sep 29, 2008
I have the ROM version dated 17 January. Today I stumbled upon an issue with setting IP address and DNS address manually. It only allows entering 2 digits for an address instead of 3 (example 12.34.56.78 instead of 123.456.789.012). If it is not fixed my guess is that this is the fix meant to be used by cooks http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5064368&postcount=8966

P.S. Anyone else experiencing RSSHub/NewsBreak often freeze when returning to the headline list from reading a single headline?

miky6682

Jun 2, 2008
Naples
I have the ROM version dated 17 January. Today I stumbled upon an issue with setting IP address and DNS address manually. It only allows entering 2 digits for an address instead of 3 (example 12.34.56.78 instead of 123.456.789.012). If it is not fixed my guess is that this is the fix meant to be used by cooks http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5064368&postcount=8966

P.S. Anyone else experiencing RSSHub/NewsBreak often freeze when returning to the headline list from reading a single headline?

Thank you very much

stretchtunin

Dec 25, 2008
Miami, Fl
www.RIFASband.com
OK...

I think I've narrowed it down to the BT headset. When I turn it off, the notification bar at the top stops working (unless I do what was suggested and turn off manila, hit Notifications, turn on manila). This also affects Showcase (I think).

I'll keep testing it, but damn... That's weird.

UPADTE
I was using an app from MoDaCo that would add a BT notification setting in the Notifications settings tab so I could turn off BT notifications. When I would turn off my headset the notification would get stuck and jam the notification bar. Uninstalling the app or turning on the BT notifications alleviates this issue.

It's strange that there's no BT icon in the notifications bar like in the 21xxx builds. Maybe in the official release...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    great work!! can u do it an essenzial italian version? just win 6.5 and same essenzial programs?
    tnk

There is the 23060 ita, it works well until now.
    @ Milky - I'm waiting for your ROM since almost 8 months now. Did you stop building elfin ROM's. Kinda did you purchased a new piece and throughout your old elfin?

Anyway hope you could building more better and stable ROM's.
    Thanks

I'm sorry, so sorry for my long silence but I'm very busy, I'm working hard, very hard in this period.
    I didn't purchased any new device, I consider my elfin a still good device also there is no com 5 updates and latest rom I cooked times ago is still doing well.
    I've not tried build from other Ms branch and I read around that them have some compatibility iussues.
    The only iussues I found is related to deleting camera shortcut with Cleartemp but updating this apps this bug is solved.

I hope see you soon.
    hi, miky
    im one of regular user of ur roms and now im trying to cook my own rom ,im using the same phone canvas as of u.i want to have the fonts size increased as same as ur roms but they are not .checked the registries of both mine and ur phone canvases they are same .so my request to u is what changes i should make to reg to get the big fonts .

and also can u give the connection setup with DB cab which ur using in ur roms
    thanks

Sorry for my delayed answer.
    To have bigger font you should ceck not only font size but also font used in phone canvas, also to make sure font size registry keys aren't overwritten be sure your registry tweaks are in the last package that kitchen calls.
    Later i will upload my connection db if you still need it.
    thanks miky,for the replay.what i did was copied the registry 0f phone canvas of ur rom and checked that with the one i used the font type is same regarding the sizes ur are in decimal and other is in hexadecimal,but both are same in size if converted from decimal to hexadecimal.so im confused.secondly i m putting ur registry setting last in the package still im not getting results.
    regarding connection setup im still searching .
    so can u provide me the connection setup cab and also phone canvas the one which u use .
    thanks

Here are my connection db, I sent you my fonts too.
    hi ,
    thanks very much for ur help.my phone canvas problm solved.but gprs\edge is not working .i extracted the zip and replaced with the original one in the stock DB .But it is not working.what else i should do???automatically it is configurating my network BSNL_SOUTH (INDIA).But when i tried to connect to gprs\edge it is not working.help.
    also i wanted to know where is the registry for the font size for incoming \caller screen??
    another issue is of audio manager .when i tried to import audio manager of mega it is not getting cooked into rom (im using OS Kitchen) ,if i use audio manager cab available in the forum,it is getting cooked in to rom but it is not opening \working it says the .exe is not digitally signed or one of its component is not installed .any advice???
    lastly im not getting black taskbar for ron arad orange .tsk though i tried to put taskbar registry into kitchen??

You don't have to extract provision.zip, also you have to disable autoconfig in connection setup. Audio manager from mega requires replacingof some dll to work
    try this