Archos 101 one-click-root for firmware 2.0.71 using Archangel

Search This thread

ms07.guf

Apr 27, 2011
sadly YES ............ too long time Archangel developer group is in silence !!
I suppose Archangel is dead :(:(:(

remmargorp

Aug 9, 2011
@marioluigi123 - What rexdog1888 mentioned is a very legitimate threat and is common in malicious software, you are correct that there is little exposure, but some exposure is still exposure and that logic is not very secure

After reading through all the pages I decided I would dig a little (especially since I just ordered an Archos 101 IT and was interested)

Below is my first pass at getting some source, I'm sure it's not complete but I didn't have time to validate my results

Package: com.archaism.rt
Code: pastebin.com/BxqzNvsv
Notes: Shows exploit method but not contents of su or ls

Package: com.noshufou.android.su
Code: pastebin.com/aE71NM66
Notes: Contents of su?

I figured I would use a service like pastebin instead of pasting the >5000 lines of code

Update: Confirming what others have posted in this thread, ls is clearly obfuscated, will look at it more later

Obfuscating code (in this application) is typically used to hide malicious activity or to delay the manufacture from patching

Last edited:

rimstar

Nov 26, 2011
archangel

if it helps, as soon as i get my new archos 70 gen8, I'll be happy to try out this. unless off course it may do some permanent damage to my device

bobybc

Aug 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
actually it works after upgrade to recent FWs , 2.4.65 at least
i found that putting Archos connected to PC via USB, or just plugged to the charger, then restart device - it somehow manage to root the device

Currently i cannot show this anymore, because i wiped my device , but i think that it was possible because i have installed Archangel on 2.1.08 and after that i only applied upgrades

I even suspect that Archangel was somehow "guilty" and didn't allow me to upgrade to latest 2.4.80 (it always fail on "checking update file validity" with msg :
Sorry, an unexpected error occured (code 112))

Boonjour666

Aug 24, 2012
Archos 70 IT2 sous froyo

no problem
on all Archos Gen 8 - I have these 5 Archos gen 8

if you have more projects for Archos, send me a MP

Moi j'ai l'archos 70 it2 sous froyo. As tu essayeé avec celle-ci et sinon peut on la rooter d'une autre manière ? J'ai acheter le cable USB host pour 16 euros :( avec une puissance délivrée de 0mA (j'ai vérifié dans sys/bus/USb/devices/...) donc j'aimerais bien changer ça :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download rar file with apk:

dump.ru/file/5037798
    or
    depositfiles.com/files/7sh8g638s

rar password: cea69e0419

sha1sum of apk: 80ff2925e12b8d3f2e9c0cabd5b294e6556b2e3f

Archangel one-click-root from the Archaism Team

This will give you temporary or permanent root on your Archos 101 - firmware 2.0.71

Archos are kind enough to provide a SDE firmware which can allow root access,
    but involves some significant changes to the system and they say that they will
    invalidate your warranty if you install it. This is a bit frightening for new owners.

Archangel solves this with a painless one-click-root which you can uninstall at any time.
    It does not use the SDE developer firmware.

This was specifically designed for the Archos 101 with firmware 2.0.71 - it may work on
    other Archos devices or firmwares, but has not been tested and is not recommended for them.

If you find this application useful, please donate to those great forums who have given
    the android root community so much. Encourage them to keep up their great work. We are
    fans of C-Skills Blog, XDA Developers and Modaco Forum.

When installed, this app will use approx 10mb of storage space. Don't run it if you don't
    have that much spare.

Usage Instructions:

1) Make sure you have 10mb of space available on the internal storage
    2) Make sure you are connected on Wifi
    3) Run the Archangel app
    4) Click to install SuperUser application
    5) Click to get root!
    6) Check everything is working correctly, try an app which needs root
    7) Once you have root you can tick the "Permanent" root option to always have root.
    8) Party Hard!

To turn off root, either just reboot, or turn off permanent root and reboot if you had
    enabled it.

To uninstall, just uninstall like any other app. You may also want to use the menu item
    to clean up before you uninstall.

You can create a script in /sdcard/sdcard/extraroot.sh and this will be executed as root
    whenver you reboot, so you can use this to do any additional root functions you want.

Enjoy!
    Ok People I give up.

There are a lot of people who tried to analyze the exploit to see if it's safe.

Then you get people who start discussing network infrastructure and think they know how a network works.

Then there is one that thinks a wifi connection is the same as a connection to the internet.

I tried to explain these things and in general tried to help out. BUT nobody seems to appreciate the help so I give up.

I you want to use it. Use it.
    If you don't want to use it then don't use it.

I don't care anymore.
    dump.ru/file/5041494
    or
    depositfiles.com/files/247x6gbwp

rar password: b223844a132

sha1sum of apk: 6a6cb89aa093a1d4671f5142fe156bcfc6535db4

Achaism Team bring you a quick update of Archangel, we added some extra info
    about working devices and firmwares which have been reported.

We also added some more options for the extraroot feature (see readme.txt)
    for advanced users.

This version has a few tweaks which may make it take a bit longer but should
    make it a little more reliable.

It also patches the vulnerability which it exploits and seals the system after.
    You'll probably be happy to hear that this method still works (well, at least for me) on 2.1.2 ;)
    Tested on Archos 70 IT.

I hope this eventually works with 2.1.02. They finally put in wifi n connectivity with the newest firmware, and I would love to have root on that firmware
    There is not much time for Q&A but here are some answers for some questions:

Someone said that they couldn't use archangel to block ads... Here is an example extraroot.sh script to do that:

make an extraroot.sh in linux text format (not dos/windows) like so:

--- cut here ---
    cat <<EOF >/tmp/hosts
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com pagead.l.google.com googleads.g.doubleclick.net
    127.0.0.1 api.admob.com mm.admob.com r.admob.com mob.adwhirl.com cus.adwhirl.com met.adwhirl.com
    EOF
    mount --bind /tmp/hosts /etc/hosts
    --- cut here ---

There are many good mods which can safely be done in ways like this above. Nice forum people can post their recipes maybe?

Someone else asked about when they reboot their device and there is no wireless and they need root:

In this case perhaps use the deep sleep option instead of power off, if it is a huge problem for you to do this there are other more serious rooting methods like the SDE methods good people have worked on.

Someone else asked about the new patch/seal in archangel version 2:

This only applies until after reboot as archangel makes no changes which can not be reversed for the safety of your archos

A question from archaism:

Does this still work with firmware 2.1.03 ? Can anyone answer this? don't risk yourself to find the answer, but it would be nice to know.

There may be more updates in the future but do not get unhappy if there are not or questions remain not answered