A Request to "Maclaw" | Porting CM 9 of Galaxy Ace to Motorola Fire XT

Search This thread

TheOldMonk

Mar 19, 2012
127.0.0.1 [TH/IN]
Hi there.. :),

I am a new member so posting my PM content composed for "Maclaw" here in form of a request thread.

--
I need your kind help in porting your "CyanogenMod 9.0.0 Release for Samsung Galaxy Ace" <<TO>> Motorola Fire XT (Also known as Motorola Fire XT XT530, Motorola XT531, Motorola SPICE XT) as the hardware for both of these phones is very much identical.

Many owners of fire XT have already rooted their phone successfully :D. (just waiting or a custom ROM support :( )

As per your post here the release is beta "5" mode (CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5830-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta5).

Many members across XDA are looking forward to have a custom ROM for this smartphone. Please help me/us; the stock gingerbread sucks:mad:.

I am ready to help you but as I actually don't own the phone till now* (buying soon) BUT others who do own it will get back to you.

I think that as the hardware specs are nearly identical then in that case we shouldn't face any serious problems while porting it to motorola fire xt.

Waiting for a positive reply,:D
--

Thanks & Regards,
sky770

iok1

Feb 24, 2012
Helsingborg
Unfortunately the project is called GALAXYics, It's to port ics to the low-end Samsung Galaxy phones. That is why mikegapinski's project for lg-gt540 is not in Galaxyics (it's built on it though)
But who knows I might have misunderstood it completely, but for now it's probably not gonna happen, sorry :(

TheOldMonk

Mar 19, 2012
127.0.0.1 [TH/IN]
Unfortunately the project is called GALAXYics, It's to port ics to the low-end Samsung Galaxy phones. That is why mikegapinski's project for lg-gt540 is not in Galaxyics (it's built on it though)
But who knows I might have misunderstood it completely, but for now it's probably not gonna happen, sorry :(

Thanks for replying :)

Well.. :( was wishing if some dev. could help us out. (owners of Moto fire xt)

Dr. Hurt

Jan 31, 2012
Cairo
Thanks for replying :)

Well.. :( was wishing if some dev. could help us out. (owners of Moto fire xt)
The problem is not really porting the OS itself. It is finding a way to boot it on our phones that poses the challenge. Motorola uses secure boot and does not allow unlocking the boot loader.

I tried overcoming this problem by faking signatures, but ended up bricking the phone.

After some reading, I found out that all modern motorola phones have the same problem. Devs were able to load clockwork mod without touching the stock recovery or interfering with secure boot. This was done by a process called boot strapping (or 2nd-init). This requires a more skilled person than me.

Once we get clockwork mod on our Fire XT, porting ICS to our phone would be a piece of cake especially building upon the work of Maclaw for the ace.

giri_189

Aug 15, 2011
Hassan, Karnataka
The problem is not really porting the OS itself. It is finding a way to boot it on our phones that poses the challenge. Motorola uses secure boot and does not allow unlocking the boot loader.

I tried overcoming this problem by faking signatures, but ended up bricking the phone.

After some reading, I found out that all modern motorola phones have the same problem. Devs were able to load clockwork mod without touching the stock recovery or interfering with secure boot. This was done by a process called boot strapping (or 2nd-init). This requires a more skilled person than me.

Once we get clockwork mod on our Fire XT, porting ICS to our phone would be a piece of cake especially building upon the work of Maclaw for the ace.

Then how come there's a lot of development of other motorola phones such as Defy?

x10man

Nov 15, 2010
Great Paxton, Cambridgeshire
now this probably wont work on your phone. but on ours we managed to use 'boot hijacking' to load a recovery on stock. this just edited the chargemon and if we spammed back it loaded a recovery. we then flashed gb and froyo on the stock kernel till thelaser hacked the bootloader

Sent from my U20i using xda premium

Reactions: bitpushr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    now this probably wont work on your phone. but on ours we managed to use 'boot hijacking' to load a recovery on stock. this just edited the chargemon and if we spammed back it loaded a recovery. we then flashed gb and froyo on the stock kernel till thelaser hacked the bootloader

Sent from my U20i using xda premium