Hiding Status Bar

Search This thread

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
Hi all, I am trying to find a way to hide the system bar.

on my SGT 10.1, HoneyBar used to work (you can hide the bar by clicking a space specified by the application, with offset and introduction modes)

However, the same application does not work on my SGT 7.7

Anyone got other solutions?

psuusr

Nov 24, 2010
HideBar didn't work well on my tab. (gt-p6810 imported from HK)
I can "hide status bar", but afterwards, never show it again.
What's the difference between others and me?

Anyway, I purchased HoneyBar
and that seems working well for now.

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
HideBar didn't work well on my tab. (gt-p6810 imported from HK)
I can "hide status bar", but afterwards, never show it again.
What's the difference between others and me?

Anyway, I purchased HoneyBar
and that seems working well for now.

Can you check if honey bar can still hide the status bar with Dice player or mVideo Player, thanks!

psuusr

Nov 24, 2010
Can you check if honey bar can still hide the status bar with Dice player or mVideo Player, thanks!

I've just checked it and found HoneyBar can work with both Dice and mVideoPlayer.

I could watch videos with true fullscreen without any problems,
there are some people who say HoneyBar didn't work from the start, though.

Android market has 15min refund window,
you can try on your own :)

Reactions: EarlZ and ssaass

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
Thanks, I didnt get the Tab yet.. waiting for later batches. The ones we have in my country seems to be a bit problematic.

jakenz

Sep 8, 2010
The Windy City
Honeybar, Diceplayer & aspect ratios

So I also tried Honeybar with my brand spanking p6800 (ZSLA2 Hong Kong firmware) and confirm it effectively hides the status bar in all the places/apps I've tried it so far: Diceplayer, stock browser, gallery & home screen. If I discover somewhere it doesn't work I'll advise but so far so good. No issues at all un-hiding the bar - just tap the invisible spot bottom centre edge of screen.

Most useful usage for me - for web-browsing where screen space is at a premium. Easily worth the $1 for that alone.

I was actually most interested in it for use with video, and it certainly works as intended there but for me the effect was very subtle:
(i) hiding the already virtually invisible "movie mode" blacked out status bar with its tiny dark grey function locator dots (bar is of course more visible in a pitch black room, so more benefit there); and
(ii) as it frees up the space used by the status bar the video image is theoretically able to "expand" to occupy that space. No doubt this is a great benefit for those who like fill the frame or have 1.6:1 source material. But for me much of my sources are 16:9 and I prefer to run in native aspect i.e. black bars above and below the image. So in this case all hiding the status bar achieved was move to the video frame very slightly down the screen (without changing its aspect, or raw pixel width or height) so that the video image remained centered between the upper and lower bounds of the now slightly increased vertical accessible screen area.

Probably a bit too much detail there but hopefully useful for someone.

PS: currently flicking through a 7.5Mb/s rip of episode one from my Bluray box set of BBC Frozen Planet and it is... stunning.

Last edited:

jakenz

Sep 8, 2010
The Windy City
Hmmm, I spoke too soon. So the above was all accurate - when Honeybar was working fine. Unfortunately Honeybar just started being temperamental.

It stopped hiding the bar for a while no matter what I did, including closing in application manager and reopening the app. Then after disabling and re-enabling within the honeybar app started working again. Now stopped again...

Now working again after closing it in application manager then reopening. I'll see if I can discern a trend...

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
Maybe restarting the device helps?

Should be reported as a bug to the developer though..

Linuschen

Feb 11, 2012
Can honeybar offset change from middle left to middle right?
I cant hit the select icon on portrait mode. cuz the offset is midde left will cover over it..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've just checked it and found HoneyBar can work with both Dice and mVideoPlayer.

I could watch videos with true fullscreen without any problems,
    there are some people who say HoneyBar didn't work from the start, though.

Android market has 15min refund window,
    you can try on your own :)