[[ Guide ]] Installing T9 Languages on Tornado/Faraday

Search This thread

[[ Cold ]]

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2006
Medellin
www.disfruta.la
I got tired to be asking for this and realized that if i had done it before on a Feeler, well that must apply for Tornado also!!
Based on Ronswens tutorial to install t9 languages on the Typhoon, i've extracted the t9 languages from imate's WWE 2.0.8.0 rom to use it in Tornado/Faraday devices.

The compressed file contains these languages:
Czech
Dutch
French
German
Greek
Italian
Portuguese
Spanish
Turkish
Thai

Anyone cares to share NRE, RUS or CHT files?? Please PM me and i'll add them to the .rar

Here's the file:
http://rapidshare.de/files/26231202/t9_tornado.rar.html
or
http://www.laneros.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51303&d=1153264827

Now here is what you must do:
* Extract t9xxxxldb.dll and t9imeres.dll.0xxx.mui of your language to \Windows on the phone.
* Add appropriate values to [HKLM\T9 Input Method\LDBs] and [HKLM\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages] and restart the phone.

Spanish T9 example:

* Extract T9SpanishLdb.dll and T9ImeRes.Dll040a.mui from t9_tornado.rar to \Windows
* [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\LDBs], add string value '040a' with data 'T9SpanishLdb.dll'
* [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages], add '040a' to the list of 'Available', so the data will be '0409,040a' (or whatever your phone uses.. just add the one for the language you're installing)
* Restart the phone.

List of Locale IDs can be found HERE

NOTE: If somehow the libraries don't appear on your t9 after the procedure... you can try using numbers only (i.e. when using spanish, it's: "040a", but you may have to rename it to somewhat else like "0404", in the registry and the archive).

PLease tell me how did it go for you!

FJPPEREZ

Mar 12, 2007
hi, i have a tmobile sda and am trying to install t9 spanish since it only came with english. does this procedure work for the sda? if it works, can you tell me how do i look for
HKLM\T9 Input Method\LDBs] and [HKLM\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages, since i couldnt find the route in the phones files...
thanks

beer2nd

Aug 10, 2006
Beijing, China
I got tired to be asking for this and realized that if i had done it before on a Feeler, well that must apply for Tornado also!!
Based on Ronswens tutorial to install t9 languages on the Typhoon, i've extracted the t9 languages from imate's WWE 2.0.8.0 rom to use it in Tornado/Faraday devices.

The compressed file contains these languages:
Czech
Dutch
French
German
Greek
Italian
Portuguese
Spanish
Turkish
Thai

Anyone cares to share NRE, RUS or CHT files?? Please PM me and i'll add them to the .rar

Here's the file:
http://rapidshare.de/files/26231202/t9_tornado.rar.html
or
http://www.laneros.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51303&d=1153264827

Now here is what you must do:
* Extract t9xxxxldb.dll and t9imeres.dll.0xxx.mui of your language to \Windows on the phone.
* Add appropriate values to [HKLM\T9 Input Method\LDBs] and [HKLM\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages] and restart the phone.

Spanish T9 example:

* Extract T9SpanishLdb.dll and T9ImeRes.Dll040a.mui from t9_tornado.rar to \Windows
* [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\LDBs], add string value '040a' with data 'T9SpanishLdb.dll'
* [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages], add '040a' to the list of 'Available', so the data will be '0409,040a' (or whatever your phone uses.. just add the one for the language you're installing)
* Restart the phone.

List of Locale IDs can be found HERE

NOTE: If somehow the libraries don't appear on your t9 after the procedure... you can try using numbers only (i.e. when using spanish, it's: "040a", but you may have to rename it to somewhat else like "0404", in the registry and the archive).

PLease tell me how did it go for you!

your post include THAI but in the files, there is no "T9ImeRes.Dll.041e.mui" for Thai language :(

alcalina

Oct 1, 2007
i just update my smt5600 to windows mobile 6.1
and i cant get to work the T9 in portuguese
Is there a chance to be the new OS ?
tks