[APP] Shopping Cart v 5.3 available now!

Search This thread

VerusAmos

Oct 19, 2008
DukeTown
Great app!!!
I was using Tasks to make shopping list because I keep forgetting things too. Well, using Tasks scks anyway. I'll use this one as a download list too, you can use it for many kinds of things...
Thanks man!

Rozenthal

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2008
Ok, so, how about something like...

This:

shoppinglist.png

Pretty much same concept as your original, with addition of "tick" buttons. I think they would work better for an application like this.

Design would fit perfectly into HTC Manila theme. I can provide you with PNG files if you think you can program this. Hope I didn't complicate it too much :)

I can also make an icon from the shopping cart, for the program file.

zoomee

Sep 24, 2007
Hudds
phwoar rozenthal! - now thats more like it mate! :cool:

PS - where do I get some Cor!flakes from 2? ;)

nicelad_uk

Sep 11, 2007
Sunny Yorkshire

This:

shoppinglist.png

Pretty much same concept as your original, with addition of "tick" buttons. I think they would work better for an application like this.

Design would fit perfectly into HTC Manila theme. I can provide you with PNG files if you think you can program this. Hope I didn't complicate it too much :)

Woah, now that looks amazing! Very very nice

Digital Outcast

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Woodstock, GA

This:

shoppinglist.png

PWNz0r! I need something to do next week at work anyway! And absolutely man, if you want to take the time to make the graphics shoot them to me in a PM and I would love to make the changes and make it look more like that!

Rozenthal

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2008
PWNz0r! I need something to do next week at work anyway! And absolutely man, if you want to take the time to make the graphics shoot them to me in a PM and I would love to make the changes and make it look more like that!

Roger that!

I'll split all the graphics on the screen into separate PNG files, so I think it shouldn't be too hard for you to do this. I'll PM you with download link once I'm done!

BustedNuts1

Jul 18, 2007

Wow, great design, think it helps to make it more finger friendly as well, especially if the buttons and items were made bigger. However, I really like the strikethrough feature of this app. I'd much rather it cross the item out, than just to check it off. Maybe if the "check" feature is implemented, the strikethrough feature could be left as well? Leave it up to the user?

Just my 2 cents. Thank you for this, great app.

Digital Outcast

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Wow, great design, think it helps to make it more finger friendly as well, especially if the buttons and items were made bigger. However, I really like the strikethrough feature of this app. I'd much rather it cross the item out, than just to check it off. Maybe if the "check" feature is implemented, the strikethrough feature could be left as well? Leave it up to the user?

Just my 2 cents. Thank you for this, great app.

I could easily make a toggle setting so the user could select either or functionality ;)

BustedNuts1

Jul 18, 2007
I could easily make a toggle setting so the user could select either or functionality ;)

Thank you.

Also, I think you have a pretty big hit on your hands. Love this app, although I actually use it as more of a tasks manager. Keep up the great work. Looks like you got some promising new additions in the future.

shuki.mitz

Jan 8, 2009
Editing a saved list

Nice and very useful application! :D
It has a significant limitation from my POV: If you want to prepare a list, save it and then re-edit, it is not possible!

I will appreciate a correction.
Thanks.

twisted-pixel

Feb 9, 2007
Nice and very useful application! :D
It has a significant limitation from my POV: If you want to prepare a list, save it and then re-edit, it is not possible!

I will appreciate a correction.
Thanks.

you add something, but it's not ideal.

open the list that you previously saved. type the item on the keyboard then press enter twice and it appears.

sadly, I've notived that items that are ticked off, reappear when I next load the file, even if I've saved after I've ticked them off.

miland

Aug 7, 2007
Brno
SMS support

Is it possible to add SMS support?

For example.

When SMS arrives and starts with lets say "[Shop]" and than the structure is like this:

[Shop]
bread 1, milk 2l, etc.

this message is parsed by your program and the shopping list is generated automatically? For example if I open the program, it searches over all incoming messages and parses messages with the [Shop] keyword.

That would be great! :)

idandush

Jan 22, 2009
miland ,

pure Genius ! , this can be just amazing , if the wife want to add anything to the list on the way , hehehehe
but i am scared , it will give her too much control :)

I LOVE THIS APP !