[Q] Bluetooth Volume Level

Search This thread

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
Hi!

I bought car holder for my Note Pro to listen music from it and use it as navigator.

I noticed that volume level is very weak over Bluetooth (I connect my devices to my car speakers over BT) when compaired to my Note 3. NP is same loud on max volume what Note 3 is with 3/4 volume. So max volume leaves too low (I have to trun so much volume to my car radio that I'm terrified of blowing up my aplifiers, since I have never turn volume so loud when using USB, radio, or Note 3 over BT).

Is there any way to boost that volume up, to get it at least same level as Note 3? I got rooted tablet, but no custom recovery or so.
I found somewhere that editing mixer_paths file, you can increase volume levels, but only for speakes and headphones.

So any help is welcome :)

Last edited:

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Try Viper4Android. Gives you a bit of gain control, and other quality enhancements over speaker, headphones, USB and Bluetooth.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
Try Viper4Android. Gives you a bit of gain control, and other quality enhancements over speaker, headphones, USB and Bluetooth.

In fact I found and installed it yesterday evening, just hadn't got time to test it. At least there is option to enable Bluetooth tweaks and boost volume level up. Need to test does it really do that on my device.

I'll report here when I have tested it.

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
I've never tried it on smp900, but works really well on my Nexus 5/Bluetooth

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
I haven't got time to get any deeper in to this, but so far when I enable master power for Bluetooth devices on Viper4Android and set "output gain" up to the max (6.0dB) under master gate, I get a bit louder BT output.

This is good start, just can't turn enough gain to it. Clearly my Note 3 is still louder when playing music through BT than my NP.
Need to play around V4A and read about it to find out if there's some other twaks that could help me on this.