G2X Gingerbread leak update.zip here

Search This thread

jaytrezza

Jun 24, 2011
SF Bay Area
i recently rooted my g2x, clockwork recovery mod and flashed the leak gingerbread , and eagles blood 1.0.4. my "about phone " in settings still says froyo 2.2.2. i want confirmation that my new rom is in operartion. ps im a noobie...sorry. i hate myself ;)

wakeboarder8156

Jan 31, 2010
i recently rooted my g2x, clockwork recovery mod and flashed the leak gingerbread , and eagles blood 1.0.4. my "about phone " in settings still says froyo 2.2.2. i want confirmation that my new rom is in operartion. ps im a noobie...sorry. i hate myself ;)

You mention clockwork recovery, did you install this from ROM Manager or from NVFlash, cause if you used ROM Manager it will not work. I have flashed this GB leaked rom and it shows 2.3.3 which is correct for this rom. Hope this helps.

Reactions: jaytrezza

showson1

Dec 10, 2009
Just wanted to say thanks so much for releasing this.

I personally found it slower and much buggier than the stock ROM so ended up restoring my backup, but I definitely appreciate the release!

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Hey guys, I didn't see any posting about this but if i missed it can you please point me in the right direction so it's not repeated. I have flashed the AOSP of gingerbread 2.3.4 to my g2x. Sometimes when I turn my phone on it says invalid sim in the wifi calling app. Is there a fix for this?
Thanks in advance!

You just need to have some signal to originally sync with tmobile. Once it confirms your number it will be good.

I am finding it doing it more now on later builds because I think they are working on the cellular data connections.

At my work I barely get signal, so when I flash a new rom without service, it will say invalid similar until I walk up stairs and connect to a tower first. Then its good from then on out.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com

Eaglesblood has a 2.2.2 froyo version and a 2.3.3 GB leak based version. Make sure you grabbed the right one.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

mmapcpro

Jun 13, 2011
DuPont, WA

Ummm...you flashed EB 1.04 (which is a froyo based rom) AFTER you flashed the leaked GB rom? I don't understand why you flashed 2 roms on top of each other. You only flash 1 rom...and 1 kernal (unless the rom already has your preferred kernal already built-in).

wakeboarder8156

Jan 31, 2010
Anyones phone randomly rebooting with this rom? Mine just started and its starting to make me nervous that my g2x is now plagued with random reboots. I know this isn't the proper rom and the one coming out has a ton of bug fixes so was just wondering if anyone elses was randomly rebooting.

Not really worried about since the phone is so dang fast!

ok so i rooted blah blah, CWM, backed up, ran update.zip from inside CWM UI w/ wipes, phone rebooted into recovery, installed the rom beautifully, reboots to LG logo as normal, then ta-da,

black screen.

ON, just black, softkeys all lit.
nothing happens.
battery pull,
reboot into recovery
install update.zip from recovery (w/ wipes) instead of within CWM app,
nothing different still black screen after LG logo. restored backup, im ok now, but i realllly wanna get this working. anyone got a fix??

mr mystery

Nov 20, 2010
Brampton
ok so i rooted blah blah, CWM, backed up, ran update.zip from inside CWM UI w/ wipes, phone rebooted into recovery, installed the rom beautifully, reboots to LG logo as normal, then ta-da,

black screen.

ON, just black, softkeys all lit.
nothing happens.
battery pull,
reboot into recovery
install update.zip from recovery (w/ wipes) instead of within CWM app,
nothing different still black screen after LG logo. restored backup, im ok now, but i realllly wanna get this working. anyone got a fix??

I'd restore your original backup. I hope you backed it up.

jaytrezza

Jun 24, 2011
SF Bay Area
i flashed the eagleblood and saw no no change or difference or any cool extras on the g2x. so i flashed the GB 2.3.3. and nothing. i flashe GB after Eb. what am i missing...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    same issue i have....i rely on FB for my contact pics :(

Try SyncMyPix from the market.
    could you list all the stuff you removed. I already have a backup so i don't mind playing :)
    Wi-Fi Calling (com.android.kineto)
    EA Launcher (com.ea.launcher.moregames)
    NFS Shift (com.ea.nfsshift)
    NOVA (com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftNOHP)
    Polaris (com.infraware.docMaster)
    Logmein Rescue (com.logmein.rescue, com.logmein.rescuesecurity)
    T-Mobile TV (com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd)
    My Account (com.nuance.nmc.sihome)
    TegraZone (com.nvidia.tegra)
    Swype (com.swype.android.inputmethod)
    Telenav (com.telenav.app.android.telenav)
    T-Mobile Apppack (com.tmobile.apppack)
    T-Mobile Device (com.tmobile.selfhelp)
    Zinio (com.zinio.mobile.android)

make sure to use root explorer and use the apk's avatars as a guide to see which files you are deleting
    Just flashed the rom and here's my quick first impressions:

• The 4G icon in the status bar is still the one used with the white background, so it looks out of place.
    • The ex-Engadget guy in the video was right on about the unlocking speed when turning the screen on.
    • The whole phone feels more responsive and consistent.
    • The stock gingerbread keyboard is actually stretched taller than what is normal on both CM7 and other devices with stock gingerbread. This is a GOOD thing.
    • It no longer "hangs" when multitasking, i.e., while installing apps from the Market. This may actually be partly caused by the conversion to EXT3. CM7 did this too, so I don't think it was a "lack of dual core compatibility" issue.
    • Linpack is still about the same, ~37MFLOPS with one core. Quadrant is around ~2400. I got about 2500 on froyo, with the planet sim hitting over 100fps. On this build of gingerbread, that same planet sim hits around 60-70fps.
    • Gallery image loading is slightly faster.
    • The camera app, although stock gingerbread, is actually faster and smoother than the LG froyo app. This is most noticeable when scene mode is set to "Auto".
    • Copy/Cut/Paste is working well.
    • Battery driver seems to be much improved. No longer does "Cell Standby" take up all of the battery. After a few restarts, I'll be able to tell how stable the readings are.

I may add more later.

EDIT: I just noticed the keyboard can be laggy unless you turn off the "Popup on keypress".
    Paul is the f'n man