[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][D2ATT] PAC-ROM

Search This thread

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v22.0.0 [AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1] (3/21/13)

Thanks. I've been away from the scene for a while, this sounds like something i should have been aware of. Do we know the cause of that problem? I've got a bit of a logcat i narrowed down, but surely I'm not the first to do so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The cause is just that Google Search needs to be updated :D I was thinking of putting together an AROMA with _every_ updated gapp, but that seemed a little excessive lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Enraged Medic

I'm just wishing it would still default to quick settings when you pull down the shade.

^THIS +100
I miss this the most. I can't believe there isn't a way to change this in settings. I looked all over. The thing I loved most about 4.2 was the tiles being there when I pulled the shade/notification bar down!

andy_d0

Oct 2, 2012
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v22.0.0 [AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1] (3/21/13)

I'm back to a 3.0 based kernel and everything feels like a new phone again. Not sure why 3.4 is so problematic for me but for now I'll have to wait it out

Thanks for the hard work on such a great rom!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Zeke757

Jul 31, 2012

Dirty flash done. Not one issue so far. Just did cache wipes and dalvik wipes prior to install. As smooth as can be. Thanks sirs!

gs2usr

Feb 18, 2012
Tri-Cities, WA

^THIS +100
I miss this the most. I can't believe there isn't a way to change this in settings. I looked all over. The thing I loved most about 4.2 was the tiles being there when I pulled the shade/notification bar down!

This issue has been fixed, and should be there in your next update.

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA
I will still consider them, but if it is something that is prebuilt and cannot patched into the source, then it won't be very possible.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I know this is from a while ago, but just curious... Would any feature requests that you honored be merged into the official branch, and thus be available on all supported devices?

Zeke757

Jul 31, 2012

I would like to recant my last statement. I had to go back and do a clean install of the RO . Now it works just fine I was getting a lot of errors before I did

rs3freak

Apr 26, 2012
New York

So i took a nap earlier and when i woke i saw my battery and looked at my stats and this is what i saw
e9y6uvas.jpg

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA

So i took a nap earlier and when i woke i saw my battery and looked at my stats and this is what i saw
e9y6uvas.jpg

Grab BetterBatteryStats and figure out where your wakelocks are. That's crazy usage from System :D

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011

e9y6uvas.jpg

Are you using a custom kernel? I also had massive battery drain overnight once, although the device WAS in deep sleep thr whole time. I flashed back the stock kernel and changed the governor to conservative and the problem was fixed.

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA

I just wanted to report here, and I know that it is probably mainly because of the massive changeover to 3.4, kernel or ROM, but I thought it was important to note.

I have been having more frequent lockups and black screens of death since this new build. I only had one every now and then ever since the 4.2.1 update (can't remember the build date), but I have had a couple glitches a day since this new build. They are minor and just require a reboot, but they can be frustrating. These are anything from total screen freezes, to bsod's, to this weird glitch I had whilst taking a screenshot, where the screen stayed tinted a bright white and didn't actually take the screenshot, but required a reboot to get back to regular colors again. This is along with having slightly worse battery life than I was having.

Again, I'm not sure if these issues are more ROM based or kernel based, probably some of both, and I'm not really perturbed by them, as they ate minor issues. However they are more frequent than I've had ever before, and I just felt like I should report that :D This is all after a clean flash too, and running task's 3/4 gapps, with KT's newest kernel build.

Reactions: ImperfectAngel25

Cuddlesy

Oct 30, 2011

I just wanted to report here, and I know that it is probably mainly because of the massive changeover to 3.4, kernel or ROM, but I thought it was important to note.

I have been having more frequent lockups and black screens of death since this new build. I only had one every now and then ever since the 4.2.1 update (can't remember the build date), but I have had a couple glitches a day since this new build. They are minor and just require a reboot, but they can be frustrating. These are anything from total screen freezes, to bsod's, to this weird glitch I had whilst taking a screenshot, where the screen stayed tinted a bright white and didn't actually take the screenshot, but required a reboot to get back to regular colors again. This is along with having slightly worse battery life than I was having.

Again, I'm not sure if these issues are more ROM based or kernel based, probably some of both, and I'm not really perturbed by them, as they ate minor issues. However they are more frequent than I've had ever before, and I just felt like I should report that :D This is all after a clean flash too, and running task's 3/4 gapps, with KT's newest kernel build

Your lack of logcats disturbs me.

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie

Again, I'm not sure if these issues are more ROM based or kernel based, probably some of both, and I'm not really perturbed by them, as they ate minor issues. However they are more frequent than I've had ever before, and I just felt like I should report that :D This is all after a clean flash too, and running task's 3/4 gapps, with KT's newest kernel build.

What about with the stock kernel? Most devs can't help you if you aren't using what they supply.

The short answer to your problems is...
The 3.4 kernel is still quite new and can have hiccups.
Every phone is different, which is why they make logcats. So you can show the dev your issues.

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA

Your lack of logcats disturbs me.

What about with the stock kernel? Most devs can't help you if you aren't using what they supply.

The short answer to your problems is...
The 3.4 kernel is still quite new and can have hiccups.
Every phone is different, which is why they make logcats. So you can show the dev your issues.

In short, my reason for no logcats is that I never expect this to happen and I can't reproduce it at will. Thus, I don't have CatLog going at the time, because I would have to have it running at all times. I know it's because of 3.4, and I don't really have a big enough problem with it to be worried, just thought I would provide what info I had :D

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie

In short, my reason for no logcats is that I never expect this to happen and I can't reproduce it at will. Thus, I don't have CatLog going at the time, because I would have to have it running at all times. I know it's because of 3.4, and I don't really have a big enough problem with it to be worried, just thought I would provide what info I had :D

You can also pull the last_kmsg from the /proc folder.
I honestly don't know it will say anything of use because you are resetting a lock up but who knows.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. Just trying to help.

Last edited:

rs3freak

Apr 26, 2012
New York

Are you using a custom kernel? I also had massive battery drain overnight once, although the device WAS in deep sleep thr whole time. I flashed back the stock kernel and changed the governor to conservative and the problem was fixed.

No Im not using a custom. Ill try what u did and see what happens

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA

You can also pull the last_kmsg from the /proc folder.
I honestly don't know it will say anything of use because you are resetting a lock up but who knows.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. Just trying to help.

That is helpful :) If it happens again (probably), I'll put the last_kmsg up.

Zeke757

Jul 31, 2012

Still getting a lot of system ui errors even after a clean wipe and install of the ROM. I think I'm going to give this ROM a break for now

Reactions: tobesedated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM Nightly Builds for SGH-I747 (GMail fixed!!)

Original OP
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1][D2ATT] PAC-ROM LP-MR1

Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pac-Rom - AT&T, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Papa Smurf151, manfromgta, clearchris
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-29
    Last Updated 2016-08-13
    That's why I left shortly after klin1344 stopped dev... There's almost no support here anymore :(

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wait so because I'm not in here everyday answering every tiny question... This rom has no support. Do you have any clue how much work I've put into pac. I host the website, admin the forums, one of the admins for gerrit, maintainer 6 devices (all of the d2 series), have 6 different hangouts for pac members where we actually do our dev work, constantly am adding new devices and maintainers, debug, test, help fix, help keep nightlies running, keep maintainers updated and informed, answer questions on Facebook, g+, and multiple forums, moderating om xda, all while working 50+ hours a week, going to school, raising my 9 yr old girl all alone, planning a wedding, and having a life.... But your correct I don't support pac at all... Guess I should close up shop and say screw it.

Nah I'll just let you sit there and continue to believe that you know what your talking about. Feel free to go back to PA where there's plenty of support by the dev's there... Lol

XDA Moderator
    Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v21.0.0 [AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1] (3/13/13)

Some good news for you guys...

We (the pacman team) have been discussing many things as pacman gains more and more popularity among users. There might be official nightlies rolling out in the near future, plus an official website is in the works. That's all I will say for now, but I can tell you that good things are coming. :)

PAC-Man release v22.0.1 (3/29/13)

The new PAC-Man build is available!

Changes in v22.0.1:

3/29/13​
    • PAC-Man v22.0.1
    • built with latest CM10.1, AOKP, and AOSPA sources, as always
    • lots of changes to the 3.4 kernel (credits CM)
    • kernel freezing and lockup issues have been fixed (credits CM)
    • added Hybrid Toggle
    • added QuietHours Toggle
    • added Quick Pulldown feature
    • included new PAC bootanimation
    • LOTS of frameworks code cleanup
    • bug fixes
    • more... (8 days worth of development :p)

The included stock kernel is recommended for now until KT releases an update with the kernel lockup fix.