PROJECT COMPLETE!: Galaxy Gear - Full Protection Skin!

Search This thread

evilution

Jan 30, 2007
Anything to look good on the white one? Like white?

Also can there be a full cover that covers the screw holes too?

TheNeck

Jun 6, 2011
these look great

do you think you will get anymore black for the galaxy gear?

Dmac1984

Anything to look good on the white one? Like white?

Also can there be a full cover that covers the screw holes too?

No white, hope to have it at some point, but not at the moment. Sorry. And I could cover the screwed but the indent would be there from the screw holes.

Thanks just ordered one.

Thank you!

I also wonder. I have a white gold gear, which one fits it the best? Pictures if possible?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Fit as in measurements or color?

Dmac1984

Attachments

• IMG_20141005221.jpg
    IMG_20141005221.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 443

TheNeck

Jun 6, 2011
I was just wondering, normally how many days after placing an order, do you ship out these?

Thanks

mm44rrkk

Nov 5, 2013
Would love to order one of these, although the ebay store is saying down?

Could you tell me if you've got any left?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE!

NEW COLOR!

"PLATINUM MATTE"

KEEPS THAT PREMIUM LOOK BUT ADDS A CUSTOM TOUCH!

$9.99

EBAY: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171385053960?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW OFFERING 5 COLOR SETS:

1 BLACK - FACE PROTECTOR
    1 PLATINUM MATTE - FACE PROTECTOR
    1 CLOUD GRAY - FACE PROTECTOR
    1 GREEN - FACE PROTECTOR
    1 PURPLE - FACE PROTECTOR

&

4 BLACK - CLASP PROTECTORS
    4 PLATINUM MATTE - CLASP PROTECTORS
    4 CLOUD GRAY - CLASP PROTECTORS
    4 GREEN - CLASP PROTECTORS
    4 PURPLE - CLASP PROTECTORS

$25 - (USUALLY $9.99 A SET!)

EBAY: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171385067865?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

AND AS ALWAYS I CAN TAKE ORDERS DIRECT THROUGH XDA VIA PAYPAL.
    JUST PM ME FOR DETAILS!​
    Wow. Got mine the other day, but didn't have time to apply it, before today. It's ultra easy to apply, but like the manual says, take your time and be precise.
    It looks perfect! Like others have said in this thread, it brings back life to the Gear. IMHO it's much better with a solid color and the d**ned screws doesn't ruin the design in the same way, with the skin applied. It's worth every penny. :)
    :good: and thanks for swift delivery.

Thanks for the good word and thanks for picking one up!

will ordering directly via this forum get me any discount? :) im from Australia

Lol sure I can swing the $2 international shipping so it's just $9.99 since you're xda family.
    UPDATE!

NEW COLOR & NEW STYLE!

I NOW HAVE A 2-PIECE FACE DESIGN THAT I PUT TOGETHER, AND HONESTLY THIS IS MY FAVORITE STYLE OF THE TWO! ITS MADE TO PROTECT THE VULNERABLE STAINLESS ON THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF THE WATCH FACE BUT STILL SHOWING OFF THE SCREEN AND SOME OF THE STAINLESS ON THE FRONT OF THE WATCH, SO YOU CAN STILL CUSTOMIZE THE COLOR OF YOUR GEAR BUT KEEP THAT PREMIUM LOOK! EVER SINCE IVE BEEN ROCKING THIS STYLE IN BLACK ON MY GEAR I'VE GOTTEN WAY MORE COMPLIMENTS THEN I EVER HAVE!

THE BEST PART ABOUT THIS IS, I AM ABLE TO INSTALL ONE OF MY SCREEN PROTECTORS ON, SO MY GEAR IS PROTECTED TOP TO BOTTOM. AND OVERAL MAKES MY WATCH LOOK AWESOME!

IM OFFERING THIS STYLE IN ALL THE PREVIOUS COLORS I'VE OFFERED IN THE FULL BEZEL PROTECTORS:

BLACK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171400101331?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

GREEN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171400105784?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

GRAY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171400103647?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

PURPLE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171400110855?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

PLATINUM MATTE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171400108600?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

JUST GOT IN A SMALL QUANITY OF THE ORIGINAL VINYL I USED TO MAKE MY ORIGINAL CLASP PROTECTORS!

THIS COLOR BLENDS ALMOST PERFECTLY WITH THE GEARS STAINLESS STEEL AND ALMOST LOOKS LIKE THERES NOTHING THERE AT ALL!

I AM OFFERING THESE IN BOTH STYLES:

FULL FACE PROTECTOR:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171400118321?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

2 - PIECE PROTECTOR:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171400113931?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

P.S.

GEAR NEO AND GEAR 2 ARE ON THEIR WAY, SO I'LL BE ABLE TO MEASURE THEM AND GET SOME PROTECTORS TOGETHER FOR THOSE VERY SOON!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ORDER DIRECT THROUGH PAYPAL PM ME FOR DETAILS!

THANKS!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!

NEW COLOR!

"PLATINUM MATTE"

KEEPS THAT PREMIUM LOOK BUT ADDS A CUSTOM TOUCH!

$9.99

EBAY: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171385053960?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW OFFERING 5 COLOR SETS:

1 BLACK - FACE PROTECTOR
    1 PLATINUM MATTE - FACE PROTECTOR
    1 CLOUD GRAY - FACE PROTECTOR
    1 GREEN - FACE PROTECTOR
    1 PURPLE - FACE PROTECTOR

&

4 BLACK - CLASP PROTECTORS
    4 PLATINUM MATTE - CLASP PROTECTORS
    4 CLOUD GRAY - CLASP PROTECTORS
    4 GREEN - CLASP PROTECTORS
    4 PURPLE - CLASP PROTECTORS

$25 - (USUALLY $9.99 A SET!)

EBAY: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171385067865?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

AND AS ALWAYS I CAN TAKE ORDERS DIRECT THROUGH XDA VIA PAYPAL.
    JUST PM ME FOR DETAILS!​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW AVAILABLE ON EBAY!

GALAXY GEAR (GEN. 1) - FULL PROTECTION (BLACK) - (1) WATCH FACE SKIN (4) CLASP/SPEAKER SKINS:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171354668438?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

GALAXY GEAR (GEN. 1) - FULL PROTECTION (GREY) - (1) WATCH FACE SKIN (4) CLASP/SPEAKER SKINS:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171354674677?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

GALAXY GEAR (GEN. 1) - FULL PROTECTION (GREEN) - (1) WATCH FACE SKIN (4) CLASP/SPEAKER SKINS:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171354685305?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

GALAXY GEAR (GEN. 1) - FULL PROTECTION (PURPLE) - (1) WATCH FACE SKIN (4) CLASP/SPEAKER SKINS:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171354686450?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL SPEAKER/CLASP PROTECTOR:
    (5) GALAXY GEAR (GEN. 1) - CLASP/SPEAKER PROTECTION (STAINLESS STEEL/CHOME):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171343012281?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

HOW TO INSTALL GALAXY GEAR PROTECTORS:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WILL TAKE ORDERS THROUGH XDA AS WELL. PRICE IS $9.99 (FREE SHIPPING WITHIN U.S. - ADD $2.00 FOR INTRNATIONAL)

PAYPAL IS: NYAMUSIC@LIVE.COM

WHEN SENDING MONEY THROUGH PAYPAL IF PURCHASING HERE ON XDA, IN THE PAYPAL NOTES
    SECTION PLEASE PUT:

1. WHAT YOU ARE BUYING (QUANITY/COLOR)

2. YOUR XDA USERNAME

SO I CAN KEEP TRACK OF ORDERS OUTSIDE OF EBAY. IF I DO NOT HAVE YOUR USERNAME IN THE RECIEPT I WILL NOT KNOW HOW TO GET A HOLD OF YOU WITH ORDER UPDATES!

MOST ORDERS SHIP WITHIN 3 DAYS OR LESS.

PROJECT FINISHED!

So after another full day of measurements and trial-n-error ... I finally got a finished product, well a few actually ... well a finished product with a few options lol.

Right now I'm rocking the Black skin on my Gear Gen.1 and it looks awesome! SO clean and sleek looking with just enough chrome to set it off with an expensive luxury look, but is now fully protected on all of its sensitive spots. The clasp protector was originally made because as a graphic designer, my wrist settled and was banged on a desk basically 8 hours a day, and that was my cure to keep my watch looking brand new. The full face idea came just for the option to change the color of my watch, the stainless steel looks great and all, but gets played out and sometimes just looks too much ... But I dealt with it, not really having any time to sit and work the schematics for a full face protector. Then it got to the point where I had to hang a towel over the hand railing of the treadmill because every once in a while I would accidently bang my watch off of it while doing my cardio at the gym, luckily the steel has held up well and I've always had one of my screen protectors on it, so it hasn't really been a big deal.

Now with a finished product in hand and on my wrist, I'm just kind of pissed I "back burnered" this project for so long! lol. As I stated before, I know everyone has kind of moved on to the new Gear 2 and the Gear 1 is kind of old news, But I still sell GG1 Screen & Clasp Protectors on a daily basis so I know there's still somewhat of a market for stuff like this. Regardless, I'll have my hands on a GG2 here soon to play around with and while doing so I will have a chance to get the measurements for this type of product for the new Gear 2 and possibly Gear Fit, neither have a speaker in the clasp, But I know the Gear 2 has a stainless steel clasp, and speaker or not, that thing is getting banged up ugly from daily use. So all the GG2 people, stay tuned because that project is just around the corner.

Since I originally dropped the GG1 Screen & Clasp Protectors at the end of last year I've seen a boom in people selling products like it on web-stores and places like eBay & Amazon, I'm not saying in anyway that I invented these, But when I made them, the Gear was fresh on the shelves and I couldn't find anything to protect the exposed/sensitive parts of my $300 investment, and once sold to the general public they really took off! and I thank the people here at XDA especially for being my "Beta Testers" in a way and hopefully the people who bought them here were completely satisfied! It was extremely shocking that something I made for fun/necessity turned into an actual marketable successful product and doing it literally as a one man team was a bit much at times, but awesome! ANYWAYS! the difference between what is currently being offered when it comes to full face protectors for the GG1 and what I was able to put together is, my skin covers the ENTIRE front of the gear, As far as I've seen on the net, they only cover the top and bottom portion of the Gears stainless steel face (If I am missing any out there by all means piss on my parade lol) mine are designed to cover the entire front for full protection as well as the option to change the look of the Gear all together. Pretty cool I think.

With all this being said, the only real challenge I faced upon finishing the design was getting the skin onto the Gear and on correctly, the material used for the skin is very flimsy and hard to maneuver, kind of like putting a screen protector on a phone, but worse! lol.

BUT! within a few minutes I had a solution, which was actually a perfect solution. Not only did it do the trick of being able to easily handle the material while putting the face protector on, it made it extremely easy to keep the skin perfectly straight and allow the installer to line everything up perfect for a perfect hassle-free installation (when done correctly) so I am pretty excited about it, and when these become available to the public (Very Soon!) that installation material will be sold with the protectors.

I've also decided to scratch selling the Clasp Protector by itself now that the Face Protector is done and they will be sold as a set, overall less confusing for the customer and myself when it comes to filling an order and just makes more sense. But now that I have a few color options available (more coming very soon!) I think I would be willing to mix and match colors/patterns with the Face & Clasp Protectors if anyone asked.

On that note as you will see in the pictures I currently have 4 color options available:

- BLACK (Jet-Black)
    - PURPLE (Deeper Purple, Almost Plum)
    - GRAY (Storm Cloud Gray, somewhat close to the gray color offered by Samsung on the Gear 1)
    - GREEN (Darker, sort-of hunter Green)

COLORS/PATTERNS I PLAN TO HAVE VERY SOON:

The original Chrome/Steel color I offered with the GG1 Clasp Protectors which seamlessly matched the stainless on the GG1.

- Red
    - Yellow
    - Blue
    - White
    - Brown
    - Orange
    - Carbon Fiber
    - Leopard/Zebra Print

And any other Miscellaneous colors/patterns I can get my hands on, just to offer a wide variety and the buyer the option to uniquely express themselves.

And now for the new pictures (Better detail and well-lit pictures to come):

SAME ORIGINAL CLASP PROTECTOR JUST MATCHED WITH FACE SKIN.

And just to show off a little bit of the design aspect of what goes into designing something like this:

Let me know what you think! I cant tell you how happy I am with the final product, it looks awesome in person, these pictures show a great representation, but don't do the final product justice compared to in person, the quality and fit make it look like theres no decal at all, looks like the watch came this way! Very happy!

And again, any and all input appreciated!

Thanks!

-
    -
    -
    -
    -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ORIGINAL POST:

Hey Guys, I know in my last post on the "Galaxy Gear Clasp Protector Thread" that I said I kind of gave up on further development for the Skin Protectors for the Gen. 1 Gear ... Well I kind of got a second wind on it today and actually sat down and got to work on it, and its a pretty big undertaking as expected, way more variables involved in the front of the Gear than on the clasp ... But I got pretty far on development today and got a few pictures of the first mock up.

They are in Black, That's the original color that I wanted to do all this in to give the watch more of a subtle/played-down look, in my opinion the way Samsung should have originally done it or at least offered the option instead of all the chrome, and I believe the Gear 2 Neo has the full black-out look.

Obviously once this is fully finished, the color and pattern options are endless. One problem I came across while putting this together was covering the side chrome of the watch face (See pictures) which isn't a huge issue to me, gives the watch a little bling and keeps a little bit of the luxury look, this my no be everyone's cup-o-tea, and I may try and play around with a side flap option, problem is, just like the clasp protectors, this can only be able to be achieved with fold cuts. And obviously the Clasp Protector will stay the same because I think I got the best result I can on those, and with any other color besides the original chrome I offered, you can see the Protector is present because of the cut outs and the unprotected chrome areas of the clasp.

Either way, the progress I've made today alone are pretty substantial in my opinion and think I'll have a solid product ready for the public by the weekend. I know the Gear 2 is out and has taken off in popularity, But I plan to stick with my Gen.1 until it dies or they release one that blows my mind, and I can only assume there are still people who feel the same, so hopefully all of this work wont be for nothing, but we'll see.

So without further ado, check the pics and let know what you think ... any and all input is appreciated! Is this something you would think about picking up? any aesthetic adds or changes you'd like to see? again any and all input helps.​
    That looks clean!!! I would for sure buy 1 off of you!! Let us know when they available for purchase!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I'm doing everything I can to get these up for sale by the end of the weekend. I think I will have these up on xda for sale for a few days before I put them up anywhere else. If you have a PayPal and would like to grab one now and as soon as I get the packaging in order (installation instructions and what not) it'll ship est. Mon-tues ... let me know, and any color besides what listed above are ordered and will take a little while to get in and print.