Request: Moderators for Smartphones > Excalibur

Search This thread

Profezza

Mar 15, 2008
In order to have a better forum, many of the regulars would like to have some moderator attention. There are topics that are difficult to navigate, and a constant repetition of the same questions from new users.

The Excalibur Forum is a fairly active place, with some interesting original development, but it is even difficult for the senior-member types to find the resources, details and response to threads that they are looking for. Many of us have begun using our signatures as bookmarks to post because it is the only method of sharing common answers efficiently available to us.

There are several volunteers within the Excalibur regulars that are willing to take on the responsibility, and have proven themselves to be patient, good communicators and friendly many times over. Here is a discussion of the problem there: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=390733 Please let us know if this is feasible.

Thank you Admin(s).

Last edited:

ed02

Mar 12, 2008
Los angeles
We really need some Moderators on the Excalibur Forum it will help get all the information better placed, there is a lot of activity on the forum so we get the same information repeat it time after time from different people and it just makes it harder for the noobs on the forum to find out a quick solutions for their issues.

Hope we could get some help with this Admins.

nhungcle

Apr 28, 2008
I agree with the request. It would really make the Smartphones > Excalibur forum a lot better.

Clydeistheshit

Apr 14, 2008
I completely agree with this. It wouldn't even take alot of work to make this forum more 'user friendly'. I feel somebody who uses the forum just needs to be able to creat a thread, pin it to the top so it doesn't get lost and be the only person that can post in that section. Therefore they would be able to post questions and answers themselves for the topics that keep coming up (eg. key mapping, sms/mms settings... the list goes on)

Lets make this happen people are not willing to use the search button and look around so lets make it as easy as possible to get the answers they need without reposting a question

pudgedaddy

Retired Moderator
Nov 6, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
I fully agree, senior members who contribute to the excalibur forum....( not senior members who don't...you know who you are) that also have a vast knowledge of modding and general issues are the ones i'd like to see....
Myself, Mikey1022, Profezza, OrganicM, Kavana, Rickwyatt, Rip Syntaxx are a few i could think of that would be great at being a moderator

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
I would be willing to moderate. I'm on there 24 x 7 almost and have grown quite familiar with the Excalibur and its operating system :)

lukybandit

Retired Moderator
Jul 5, 2005
Mississauga
I'm waiting on this too. I can't wait to go in "Cleanup & Organization" mode on Xda. I have enough information that I would like to compile so it's easy for everyone to use. Me & Organic are always on xda. There's so many redundant threads and so much trash that needs to be cleaned up and put in order so life is easier. Everyday there's new thread which have already been answered so many times. Using stickies and cleaning the excalibur thread will honestly make it so much easier on noobs as well as everybody else. Let us know as we're eager to get this going as soon as possible. :)

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
We haven't forgotten about you. In fact it's in "committee" for discussion as we speak.

In the meantime, feel free to build the Wiki and create useful threads that consolidate information. Once this is done you can easily PM existing Mods and request a Sticky. In fact if you PM me directly I'll make my best efforts to get to it ASAP but please allow that it might take a few hours for me to respond/react to requests.

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
Just an FYI, site Admin is currently extending invitations to a few selected candidates for moderation in the Smartphone Subforums.

So you should have additional Mods who are knowledgeable on your specific devices shortly.

I know, we're almost as bad as a bloated government sometimes but we are doing what we can to look out for you guys.