[Q] VRUEMK2 Rooted, cant install recovery?

Search This thread

BruteSource

Oct 4, 2008
Is my bootloader locked? I tried installing ClockWork and TWRP Through Rom Manger and GooManager, both say they are successful but when I restart into recovery via an app or manually it goes into ODIN Mode or Stock Recovery? What am I missing here? Any help gratefully appreciated !

InfantryMarc

Jul 8, 2011
Arkansas
Only mdk can install a custom recovery. Not to be rude, but a lil reading would of went a long way. All you can do is root and k stall safestrap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Is my bootloader locked? I tried installing ClockWork and TWRP Through Rom Manger and GooManager, both say they are successful but when I restart into recovery via an app or manually it goes into ODIN Mode or Stock Recovery? What am I missing here? Any help gratefully appreciated !

No, you can't install a custom recovery. The bootloader is locked.

I suggest you read the following

From the general forum: the sticky thread
From this forum: What you can and can't do with your i545

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

did you read any of the info in these forums before you proceeded??

BruteSource

Oct 4, 2008
did you read any of the info in these forums before you proceeded??

Yes, and it wasn't really make clear what works with MK2, but now after reading more I see I need SS. I Have 3.70 Installed. Now I am having trouble finding any KitKat Roms that work with SafeStrap and MK2? Is there a list somewhere?

BruteSource

Oct 4, 2008

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Yes, and it wasn't really make clear what works with MK2, but now after reading more I see I need SS. I Have 3.70 Installed. Now I am having trouble finding any KitKat Roms that work with SafeStrap and MK2? Is there a list somewhere?

There are no 4.4 roms for safestrap..and no official safestrap for Verizon 4.4 or root..There is a list of 4.3 roms that are safestrap compatible in general forum as well as an information stickie

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app