[EMULATOR] CPSEmu 1.4 : CPS2 emulator for android

Search This thread

bandario

Feb 1, 2011
Victoria
Any change you could add MOGA controller support

or anyone knows how to set it up for it, ive tried to use the universal moga driver but no luck so far :(

I am using a Moga controller absolutely no problems with this awesome emulator.

Just get the univeral moga driver connected properly (green light on controller + it will be able to navigate your homescreen etc) then go into CPSEmu settings, enable hardware buttons and set the mapping.

Getting Root access on your phone so that you can enable system mode in the universal driver seems to help, but I did have it working before root.

Now, on to my question:

This emulator is working sweet but I am having major trouble finding compatible roms.

So far I have got 19XX, Alien vs Predator, Marvel Vs Street Fighter and street fighter alpha working but other roms i've downloaded from the same place just say not compatible.

There's tons of games I'd love to get if anyone can point me to maybe a rom pack or a directory of roms that will actually work?

Many thanks!

Dec 7, 2012
I am using a Moga controller absolutely no problems with this awesome emulator.

Just get the univeral moga driver connected properly (green light on controller + it will be able to navigate your homescreen etc) then go into CPSEmu settings, enable hardware buttons and set the mapping.

Getting Root access on your phone so that you can enable system mode in the universal driver seems to help, but I did have it working before root.

Now, on to my question:

This emulator is working sweet but I am having major trouble finding compatible roms.

So far I have got 19XX, Alien vs Predator, Marvel Vs Street Fighter and street fighter alpha working but other roms i've downloaded from the same place just say not compatible.

There's tons of games I'd love to get if anyone can point me to maybe a rom pack or a directory of roms that will actually work?

Many thanks!

i have tried that. But when i enter the service screen no mater what button i press on the controller it registars as button 1 in the emu

hisoka99

Dec 25, 2012
:cool:Amazing emulator smooth and fast the best so far of its kind.Cpasjuste can you add an overwrite feature on save states plz. I save a lot since arcade games are a bit hard, the states folder gets too big and i have to delete them manually...

Unnamed.Ace.User

Apr 2, 2013
Vapi
Great Work! Just played Marvel Superheroes and I felt that was better than a lot of present games.
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

zkizzik

Aug 29, 2012
Cadillacs & dinosaurus and the punisher dont work :(

need run cps1 and cps2 please, have 5 emulators one for each cps game :-/

Who view version of app?
Please add more support.

For example:
androidapps-apk.blogspot .com/2013/02/cadillacs-and-dinosaurs-v153-full.html

Use libarcadecore.so and libfba.so but is trial.

The emulator is better fast and use less memory but is trial :-/

Thanks.

XTCrefugee

Jun 23, 2006
Fairphone 5
-edit-
I had several issues with both this and aFBA, I presume the author is no longer working on either emulator now so these won't be fixed.

However, I found a very capable alternative - RetroArch (on the Play store). It has a FBA module and plays CPS1 & 2 games much more smoothly than aFBA does, and also supports many gamepads (allowing custom remapping) and allows you to change the aspect ratio to 4:3 so games are not stretched.

Last edited:

wmehanna

Jul 20, 2012
3x punch and 3x kick buttons

hi,

it would be great if you could add the 3x punch and 3x kick buttons mapping. that's a feature that final burn alpha have for years now; adding this feature would TOTALY make a good use of this emulator; would be worth donating as well. :D

Is this post the right place for feature requests ?

thank you

NeoandGeo

Jan 25, 2011
How do you change the directory to something different?

NM, my device doesn't have an options button, but the back button worked.

Last edited:

CJ_Nukem

Sep 10, 2013
Multiplayer ?

Is it possible to plays game on multiplayer mode with two android devices ?

I own Nvidia Shield and Xperia Play and I would love play a game like Xmen : Children of the atom with my friends.

danilodomdealm

Jul 20, 2014
Man, you made me register on this forum only to say THANK YOU MAN!
I can play Marvel vs Capcom smoothly on my device now :D :D :D

PS:Sorry for the bad english, i'm actually brazilian so english isn't my mother language.

Reactions: Rican Bx Bomba

wmehanna

Jul 20, 2012
hi,

it would be great if you could add the 3x punch and 3x kick buttons mapping. that's a feature that final burn alpha have for years now; adding this feature would TOTALY make a good use of this emulator; would be worth donating as well. :D

Is this post the right place for feature requests ?

thank you

I'm bumping this up...

It's been a year since I requested this.. I still want it.

3x Punch and 3x Kick macro for CPS fighting games

Please let me know if this can be done or if I need to forget about it .
*Fingers crossed :eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: Rican Bx Bomba

zkizzik

Aug 29, 2012
Hello, the emulator is good but it has many shortcomings, the source code is available to make enough improvements such as preventing the game from closing when the phone is locked or bequeaths a call?

slybunda

May 6, 2010
emulator doesnt allow access to sd card it only shows folders in internal memory. any way around this? dont want to put roms on internal storage.

Zander_Sig

Apr 19, 2012
Erin' Awesome!

Awesome! I'm so glad I found this! I hope this works on my Pixel 4 XL with Android 11? If so I'll be donating you sooner money! Now... How about CPS3 Emulator?

I hope Puzzle Fighter works great with this?

We don't have to make any cache files?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android.
    If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market :)

CPSEmu is a Capcom CPS2 emulator for android. Play your favorites CPS2 games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Progear, Mars Matrix and more on your android device.

- Use the same GUI as my NeoGeo emulator "NeoDroid", so "NeoDroid" will benefit of all the changes added for this release.
    - You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" folder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.
    - CPSEmu use a cache file when running, if you have some slowdown in the emulation, try to move your roms on another partition/sdcard.
    - Thanks to frandroid for providing an xperia play device to improve/add control code/compatibility

LEGAL NOTICE:
    =============
    - This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Capcom Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. CPS2 games software sold separately. "Capcom" is a registered trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd. All individual games screen shots or audio that are simulated by CPSEmu software are property of their respective copyright holders and are only used for the purpose of informing the customer of the software's functionality.

Changelog:
    =======
    • 1.4:
      • Fix a crash on android devices with an OS < 3.0 (Honeycomb)
      • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences ( Android 3.0+ )
    • 1.3:
      • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences
      • Fix a crash on Android 2.1 when launching a rom
      • Fix a crash with dialogs when screen orientation changes
      • Improve previews downloader
      • Some bug fix
    • 1.2:
      • fix background borders color (gray > black) on some devices
      • keep screen on while emulator is running
      • add switch button to in-game menu
      • switch kick and punch buttons for 6 buttons games
    • 1.1:
      • fix a crash when trying to run an unsupported rom
      • prevent the launch of a clone rom if it's parent is not in the rom directory
      • fix a crash when trying to assign hardware buttons twice in a row in preferences
      • fix (probably) problem with hardware key mapping (up/left/right/down)
      • should add android 3.0+ native compatibility

Cpasjuste said:
    Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android. If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market :)

CPSEmu is a Capcom CPS2 emulator for android. Play your favorites CPS2 games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Progear, Mars Matrix and more on your android device.

- Use the same GUI as my NeoGeo emulator "NeoDroid", so "NeoDroid" will benefit of all the changes added for this release.
    - You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" forlder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.
    - CPSEmu use a cache file when running, if you have some slowdown in the emulation, try to move your roms on another partition/sdcard.
    - Thanks to frandroid for providing an xperia play device to improve/add control code/compatibility

LEGAL NOTICE:
    =============
    - YOU MUST OWN THE ORIGINAL GAME BEFORE DOWNLOADING A ROM
    - No roms are included with this emulator
    - Capcom is a registred trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd.

Not bad.. gave it a go on my transformer and just got 19xx to play. When creating the cache images of any other game like mvc, I kept on getting error messages, something about crc and CPU1 (sorry, I forgot exactly what the message said, but I will check later). The roms are ok as I know for a fact that they work.

One other thing is that I couldn't change directory and the device did not look on my SD card to see if the roms were there or not.

That said, 19xx plays butter smooth, although the on screen controls could be better (ie the cross pad a bit larger as it is very easy to run your fingers out of it). I still have to try with my TF keyboard though.

Good job otherwise. I will test on my EVO 3d and report back.
    Seems that without financial benefit, the dev has abandoned this project. Shame.

You are the shame ;)
    Don't worry about me developpement is not finnish, i just also have a life.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
    Will you be continuing development of CPSEmu and Neodroid in the future?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Yes I will. But I did recently focus on my final burn alpha port, you should give it a try ( search afba on xda forums)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Man, you made me register on this forum only to say THANK YOU MAN!
    I can play Marvel vs Capcom smoothly on my device now :D :D :D

PS:Sorry for the bad english, i'm actually brazilian so english isn't my mother language.