[Q] SMS Text Read out - Bluetooth Profile Issue?

Search This thread
Hi,
I have a Lumia 920 and have loved Windows Phone since my HD7. Back in April I switched from an Audi A4 to an A6 and in my A4 I had successfully had the sms read and reply functionality working and found it a really useful feature. Since getting my A6 I haven't been able to get it to work, I receive a message and then get the notification from my phone through the car Bluetooth asking whether I want to read or ignore, but the car never picks up my response so I have to let it repeat three times and then it switches off.

I believe it's the in car system which isn't activating the microphone for my response due to a missing Bluetooth profile (sorry I'm not that clued up on Bluetooth specifics)? Can anyone help me identify what's missing so I can talk to Audi to see if they can help resolve this?

Thanks

Andrew

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
Hi,
I have a Lumia 920 and have loved Windows Phone since my HD7. Back in April I switched from an Audi A4 to an A6 and in my A4 I had successfully had the sms read and reply functionality working and found it a really useful feature. Since getting my A6 I haven't been able to get it to work, I receive a message and then get the notification from my phone through the car Bluetooth asking whether I want to read or ignore, but the car never picks up my response so I have to let it repeat three times and then it switches off.

I believe it's the in car system which isn't activating the microphone for my response due to a missing Bluetooth profile (sorry I'm not that clued up on Bluetooth specifics)? Can anyone help me identify what's missing so I can talk to Audi to see if they can help resolve this?

Thanks

Andrew
All I can say is, either wait for Nokia to release the Lumia Black update or sign up for the Microsoft Update Preview, which is the GDR3 Update some devices have gotten already.