[Q] restoring from CM10.1 (4.2.2) to rooted nandroid stock (4.2.1)

Search This thread

neawasthi

Aug 3, 2013
I might be asking too many questions here, but these all are actually banging my head as off now and just want to double sure the impact -

History -
Used to have stock rom (4.1.x)
Rooted and Flashed to CM 10.1 (4.2.2) [Have a nandroid backup of my rooted stock rom]

Now I want to go back to the rooted stock - Questions

#1 - Is it possible to go back to 4.1 from 4.2.x ?
#2 - Can the nandroid backup be used to do the flashing (means wipe CM and use the backup to restore to earlier state). if yes, pls give me the procedure to do that.
# If #2 not possible, what are my options ?

mukeshpacheria

Mar 5, 2013
Rewari
I might be asking too many questions here, but these all are actually banging my head as off now and just want to double sure the impact -

History -
Rooted and Flashed to CM 10.1 (4.2.2) [Have a nandroid backup of my rooted stock rom]

#2 - Can the nandroid backup be used to do the flashing (means wipe CM and use the backup to restore to earlier state). if yes, pls give me the procedure to do that.

If you are using cm 10.1 means,, your base rom is 4.1

Flash with your sock rom 4.1 and make a backup

Flash wiith cm 10.1 and make a backup

You can restore both backups with your requirments but remember full wipe data and davik cache

Secondly You can't restore stock roms backups of 4.1 on 4.2 OR 4.2 on:good: 4.1( it gives us a bootloap)

Last edited:
Reactions: neawasthi

neawasthi

Aug 3, 2013
=mukeshpacheria;45180593]If you are using cm 10.1 means,, your base rom is 4.1

You can restore both backups with your requirments but remember full wipe data and davik cache

Secondly You can't restore stock roms backups of 4.1 on 4.2 OR 4.2 on:good: 4.1( it gives us a bootloap)

Thx for reply... What do u mean when u say my base rom is 4.1..i see in phone settings and it shows 4.2.2
I dont have the stock rom just the nandroid backup.. Will it give different results ?

Any place whr i can get the stock rom ?

Last edited:

muntinlupa

May 8, 2012
Thx for reply... What do u mean when u say my base rom is 4.1..i see in phone settings and it shows 4.2.2
I dont have the stock rom just the nandroid backup.. Will it give different results ?

Get any stock 4.1.2 rom from sammobile.com then flash using odin. Then flash CWM. After that you will be able to restore your nandroid backup.
You cannot restore your nandroid 4.1.2 backup if you are on 4.2.2

Reactions: neawasthi

neawasthi

Aug 3, 2013
Get any stock 4.1.2 rom from sammobile.com then flash using odin. Then flash CWM. After that you will be able to restore your nandroid backup.

I see what you are tellin me.. One more question - can i flash any other 4.2.x based rom (gennext rom) to replace cm 10.1 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

History -

If you are using cm 10.1 means,, your base rom is 4.1

exactly what i want to say:p