May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
superlitelogo1.jpg

SUPERLITE AOKP JB 4.3.1 V4.0> 85MB <

BUILT FROM SOURCE W/CM10.2 KERNEL W/LATEST MERGES AS OF NOV 8/13
STANDARD AOKP JB 4.3.1 BUILDS ARE 155MB +

I BUILD FOR WHAT I LIKE A ROM TO BE
SO IF YOU LIKE IT LEAN, MEAN AND QUICK - THEN THIS IS FOR YOU.
USE IT AS A BASE TO CREATE YOUR OWN PERSONAL ROM

ITS FAST TO INSTALL
HAS FULL PHONE FUNCTIONS

GAPPS SUPERLITE AT ONLY 12MB FROM GAPPS-JB-20130813 AT 87 MB

SL ROM NOTES:

BUILD YOUR OWN ROM: I MAKE ROMS FOR WHAT I LIKE BUT I ACCOMADATED USERS WITH FLASHABLE ZIPS OF STUFF I DEBLOATED - READ THE BYO SECTION FOR MOST OF WHAT I TOOK OUT.
EXTREME TRIMMING WAS PERFORMED BEYOND BLOATWARE REMOVAL HENCE THE NAME SUPERLITE.
STOCK LAUNCHER IS USED MINUS ITS BUILTIN WALLPAPERS
ROM USES CUSTOM DEFAULT LOCK SREEN AND HOMESCREEN WALLPAPER - IF NOT INSTALLING GAPPS ALONGSIDE ROM IT WILL BE SET AFTER 2ND REBOOT.
ROM USES CUSTOM DEFAULT RINGTONE AND NOTIFICATION SOUND

SCREENSHOTS

APP DRAWER SHOWS WITH SLGAPPS
Screenshot_homescreen.png
Screenshot_APPS_PLAY.png
aokpv2.0_shot_1.jpg

AOKP JB 4.3 NOTES:

For Info And Known Issues Goto AOKP OFFICIAL WEBSITE And AOKP Unofficial BY TOYES
AOKP JB 4.3 uses "gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip" - Links In The DL Section.
Sometimes Reboot Will Be Longer W/just A Black Screen, Give It Time To Boot.
Developer Options: To Enable: Goto Settings>about> Then repeadetly Tap On "build Number" Until Enable Message Appears.
To Speed Up AOKP Screen Transitions - Set To 0.5 All Three Scale Options In The Developer Options Page
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

WIPE?
Full Wipe If Coming From Other Roms
TWRP > Full Wipe = wipe>advanced wipe>"dalvik cache" "data" "system" "cache" "android secure"
I Tested From Full Wipe W/no Issues Not Even The Black Screen Reboot Issue.
If Not Installing Gapps SL Or Full Alongside Rom Sl Wallpaper Will Be Set After 1st Reboot.
1st Reboot Might Take Longer Than Normal.
You Can Upgrade From Previous SL AOKP W/out Wiping.
If On Previous Superlite AOKP:
> Superlite AOKP V4.0 Is a "no wipe/format" rom, just flash on top of your current sl AOKP rom and update your previous byo apps.
>your previous system apps will remain and will be updated accordingly.
>if you added any extra apps to the system/app folder they will remain untouched, eg. the byo apps.
>any previous apps/data you had will still be there and untouched
>you need to replace the homescreen menu phone icon with the one from the app drawer - more info here
> any previous system libs/mods/kernels will be wiped
>reflash your previous gapps package if certain apps aren't functioning and/or visable such as maps/gps, bank apps etc.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICES, BUT SH*T HAPPENS!

Backup Your Current Rom In Recovery.
Wipe? Read Above
Flash Jb Radio If Not On One - Links In The 1stop Sticky
Flash Rom
Reboot Now To Test It Out Or Flash Gapps(superlite or full)
Let It Settle, A Few Minutes Should Be Fine
Read The Build Your Own Rom Section
Note: If Updating From Previous Versions Reflash Your Previous Gapps Package If Certain Apps Aren't Functioning And/or Visable Such As Maps/gps, Bank Apps Etc.

DOWNLOADS
READ INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE ABOUT WIPING

SUPERLITE AOKP JB 4.3.1 V4.0 |gps fixed |> 85MB < - W/LATEST MERGES AS OF NOV 8/13 - READ "BUILD YOUR OWN" BELOW FOR WHAT I TOOK OUT
JAN 14/2014: THE ONLY CHANGE FROM V3.0 TO V4.0 WAS TO FIX THE GPS

GAPPS_SLITE_12mb_jb-20130813.zip > 12MB < - ONLY WITH PLAY, SYNCING FOR CONTACTS, CHROME BOOKMARKS AND DATA, AND GOOGLE SETTINGS

FULL GAPPS JB 20130813 > 87MB < - UNTOUCHED - LINKED TO GOO.IM PAGE

BUILD YOUR OWN ROM aka BYO

USE THESE OR GET YOUR PREFERRED APPS FROM PLAY OR BACKUPS

SEE PICS OF APP DRAWER ABOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU GET.
IF ITS UPLOADED THERE WILL BE A LINK.
FLASHABLE ZIPS, JUST INSTALL FROM WITHIN RECOVERY AND REBOOT, NO WIPE NEEDED.
SOME APPS ARE DEPENDANT ON OTHER APPS TO FUNCTION - IF SO THEY WILL FORCE CLOSE/NOT FUNCTION - FIND OUT WHAT THE APP IS DEPENDANT ON, EG. EXCHANGE.APK "MIGHT" BE NEEDED BY SOME BANKING APPS. TD BANKING APP WORKS W/OUT EXCHANGE.

EMAIL AND EXCHANGE
DESK/ALARM/LOCK CLOCK
CALENDER w/sync - goto settings/accounts/google/and make sure calendar sync is checked
BROWSER
LIVE WALLPAPERS
SOUNDS - all ringtones, notifications - same as previous version
LAUNCHER - if you want more backgrounds
CALCULATOR
KEYBOARD- "might" be needed for multi language keyboard, try w/out first.
VOICE DIALER
SOUND RECORDER

THANKS GOTO

USERS OF MY SUPERLITE ROMS
TOYES
AOKP
TEAMCHOPSSTICKS
Cyanogenmod
TEAM ROOK

"I AM NOT A DEV, I JUST KNOW HOW TODO STUFF"

Last edited:

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
previous versions

SUPERLITE AOKP JB 4.3.1 V2.0> 85MB < - W/LATEST MERGES AS OF OCT 15/13 - READ "BUILD YOUR OWN" BELOW FOR WHAT I TOOK OUT

EMAIL AND EXCHANGE
DESK/ALARM/LOCK CLOCK
CALENDER w/sync - goto settings/accounts/google/and make sure calendar sync is checked
BROWSER
LIVE WALLPAPERS
SOUNDS - all ringtones, notifications
CALCULATOR
BOOTANI UNICORN - to use goto>settings>rom control>general ui>custom boot ani.
VOICE DIALER
SOUND RECORDER
PHOTO TABLE
SWAG PAPERS -online extra wallpapers

Last edited:

0rius

Jul 28, 2008
Coming from Embryo due to the Cymbaline death screen.

Had some issues with the black boot screen here using TWRP for wipe/install. Moved to CWM6037 and I'm up and running, however the calendar app is not showing calendar appointments from exchange accounts. It lists the accounts as "synced" but nothing is shown in the calendar.

Any ideas?

Looking like a great ROM so far.

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Coming from Embryo due to the Cymbaline death screen.

Had some issues with the black boot screen here using TWRP for wipe/install. Moved to CWM6037 and I'm up and running, however the calendar app is not showing calendar appointments from exchange accounts. It lists the accounts as "synced" but nothing is shown in the calendar.

Any ideas?

Looking like a great ROM so far.
install the email_exchange byo apps
do me a favor and test installing twrp 2.6.3.0 with cwm, some users saying it fixes the reboot issue w/twrp, unless u like cwm

Last edited:

0rius

Jul 28, 2008
install the email_exchange byo apps
do me a favor and test installing twrp 2.6.3.0 with cwm, some users saying it fixes the reboot issue w/twrp, unless u like cwm

Email_exchange byo is installed. Just re-installed it (removed email accounts, force stopped calendar/calendar storage and cleared data. Also cleared data on the email exchange app.) Then re-added the exchange email account. Account shows up as "corporate" and has a status of synced with nothing showing in the calendar. The only ROM's I have ever had full calendar functionality were stock, Mohan's and an early ICS ROM. Most of the CM or AOSP/AOKP seem to have had this same problem.

I had also tried doing the install by installing CWM then TWRP to wipe/install. It still produced the black screen on reboot.

Reactions: vincom

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Email_exchange byo is installed. Just re-installed it (removed email accounts, force stopped calendar/calendar storage and cleared data. Also cleared data on the email exchange app.) Then re-added the exchange email account. Account shows up as "corporate" and has a status of synced with nothing showing in the calendar. The only ROM's I have ever had full calendar functionality were stock, Mohan's and an early ICS ROM. Most of the CM or AOSP/AOKP seem to have had this same problem.

I had also tried doing the install by installing CWM then TWRP to wipe/install. It still produced the black screen on reboot.
thnks for testing twrp, some users had twrp working if using cwm 6037 to install it.
as for calendar w/exchange accounts, if it doesn't work on a normal cm10.2 build then it wont on superlite

edit: you can try the stock email exchange apps from stock roms, heres a link from my superlite Samsung byo app rogers http://d-h.st/RZU, or att http://d-h.st/zla ,backup b4 flashing

Last edited:

0rius

Jul 28, 2008
thnks for testing twrp, some users had twrp working if using cwm 6037 to install it.
as for calendar w/exchange accounts, if it doesn't work on a normal cm10.2 build then it wont on superlite

edit: you can try the stock email exchange apps from stock roms, heres a link from my superlite Samsung byo app rogers http://d-h.st/RZU, or att http://d-h.st/zla ,backup b4 flashing

I'll give the recovery swapping another go as soon as I have a setup nandroid.

My phone has been put to some extensive use, I think my USB port is on its way out. It's possible that there are some other internal HW issues that are causing the black screen to continue where others have had success.

I'll post an update when I get a chance.

BTW...did a 3rd install of the email_exchange.zip and its working fine now. Not sure wtf happened there.

Can we use the apollo.zip (music player) from your CM10.2 ROM with this ROM?

Last edited:

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I'll give the recovery swapping another go as soon as I have a setup nandroid.

My phone has been put to some extensive use, I think my USB port is on its way out. It's possible that there are some other internal HW issues that are causing the black screen to continue where others have had success.

I'll post an update when I get a chance.

BTW...did a 3rd install of the email_exchange.zip and its working fine now. Not sure wtf happened there.

Can we use the apollo.zip (music player) from your CM10.2 ROM with this ROM?
weird the it worked the third time, probably needs google acount to work and/or needs time to link upto to the account, I test using the stock calendar and it syncs fine with google calender

any music player should work, it seems there is no stock music player with aokp, well I didn't see it, im new to aokp and I think im liking it

a user on pac had success flashing twrp 2.6.3.0 using cwm6037 to install it, but I never had issues using twrp

Last edited:

SoCalHTCFuze

May 8, 2010
San Diego
For black screen reboots, try using CWM for the 1st 4.3 install, then change to TWRP and see if it's not fine after that. Don't restore anything made pre CWM install or the problem returns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

0rius

Jul 28, 2008
For black screen reboots, try using CWM for the 1st 4.3 install, then change to TWRP and see if it's not fine after that. Don't restore anything made pre CWM install or the problem returns.

Did exactly this and things appear to be working fine.

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site

Did exactly this and things appear to be working fine.

I added this info to the op, could be a solution for users experiencing black screen on the 1st reboot on 4.3 roms

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
This rom has been great for the day I've run it. Great battery, bt works! Great job vincom! I'm running only with mail, browser, and calender added. Installed with twrp 2.6.3.0.

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
I added this info to the op, could be a solution for users experiencing black screen on the 1st reboot on 4.3 roms

Have you heard anyone experiencing the black screen on the 2nd reboot? The first reboot with TWRP 2.6.3.0 on 4.3 ROMS works perfectly, it is until the 2nd, where it takes a minute to come up the boot animation and fine afterwards. This also applied when I restored CM10.2, but in that case, had the black screen immediately after rebooting the system.

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Have you heard anyone experiencing the black screen on the 2nd reboot? The first reboot with TWRP 2.6.3.0 on 4.3 ROMS works perfectly, it is until the 2nd, where it takes a minute to come up the boot animation and fine afterwards. This also applied when I restored CM10.2, but in that case, had the black screen immediately after rebooting the system.
thats what i meant, after the initial install I call it "boot", and subsequent boots I call it "reboots", i'll reword the op

Reactions: Andrw0830

0rius

Jul 28, 2008
I noticed a toggle tile for "f-charge usb." I selected the tile to show up in the toggle pulldown, but when tap the f-charge tile nothing seems to happen and the tile remains "f-charge OFF." Tried this plugged and unplugged.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I noticed a toggle tile for "f-charge usb." I selected the tile to show up in the toggle pulldown, but when tap the f-charge tile nothing seems to happen and the tile remains "f-charge OFF." Tried this plugged and unplugged.

Did I miss a step somewhere?
needs compatible kernel, cm is not
since the kernel is cm and hence compatible for the sr so we can flash aokp the fcharge wont work, I don't know if uber or moretz kernel would be as I haven't tested those

Last edited:

0rius

Jul 28, 2008
Opening the gallery app causes system reboot.

I have not tried opening it with no pictures on my SD card. I can test this if needed.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    superlitelogo1.jpg

SUPERLITE AOKP JB 4.3.1 V4.0> 85MB <

BUILT FROM SOURCE W/CM10.2 KERNEL W/LATEST MERGES AS OF NOV 8/13
    STANDARD AOKP JB 4.3.1 BUILDS ARE 155MB +

I BUILD FOR WHAT I LIKE A ROM TO BE
    SO IF YOU LIKE IT LEAN, MEAN AND QUICK - THEN THIS IS FOR YOU.
    USE IT AS A BASE TO CREATE YOUR OWN PERSONAL ROM

ITS FAST TO INSTALL
    HAS FULL PHONE FUNCTIONS

GAPPS SUPERLITE AT ONLY 12MB FROM GAPPS-JB-20130813 AT 87 MB

SL ROM NOTES:

BUILD YOUR OWN ROM: I MAKE ROMS FOR WHAT I LIKE BUT I ACCOMADATED USERS WITH FLASHABLE ZIPS OF STUFF I DEBLOATED - READ THE BYO SECTION FOR MOST OF WHAT I TOOK OUT.
    EXTREME TRIMMING WAS PERFORMED BEYOND BLOATWARE REMOVAL HENCE THE NAME SUPERLITE.
    STOCK LAUNCHER IS USED MINUS ITS BUILTIN WALLPAPERS
    ROM USES CUSTOM DEFAULT LOCK SREEN AND HOMESCREEN WALLPAPER - IF NOT INSTALLING GAPPS ALONGSIDE ROM IT WILL BE SET AFTER 2ND REBOOT.
    ROM USES CUSTOM DEFAULT RINGTONE AND NOTIFICATION SOUND

SCREENSHOTS

APP DRAWER SHOWS WITH SLGAPPS
    Screenshot_homescreen.png
    Screenshot_APPS_PLAY.png
    aokpv2.0_shot_1.jpg

AOKP JB 4.3 NOTES:

For Info And Known Issues Goto AOKP OFFICIAL WEBSITE And AOKP Unofficial BY TOYES
    AOKP JB 4.3 uses "gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip" - Links In The DL Section.
    Developer Options: To Enable: Goto Settings>about> Then repeadetly Tap On "build Number" Until Enable Message Appears.
    To Speed Up AOKP Screen Transitions - Set To 0.5 All Three Scale Options In The Developer Options Page
    INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

WIPE?
    Full Wipe If Coming From Other Roms
    TWRP > Full Wipe = wipe>advanced wipe>"dalvik cache" "data" "system" "cache" "android secure"
    I Tested From Full Wipe W/no Issues Not Even The Black Screen Reboot Issue.
    If Not Installing Gapps SL Or Full Alongside Rom Sl Wallpaper Will Be Set After 1st Reboot.
    1st Reboot Might Take Longer Than Normal.
    You Can Upgrade From Previous SL AOKP W/out Wiping.
    If On Previous Superlite AOKP:
    > Superlite AOKP V4.0 Is a "no wipe/format" rom, just flash on top of your current sl AOKP rom and update your previous byo apps.
    >your previous system apps will remain and will be updated accordingly.
    >if you added any extra apps to the system/app folder they will remain untouched, eg. the byo apps.
    >any previous apps/data you had will still be there and untouched
    >you need to replace the homescreen menu phone icon with the one from the app drawer - more info here
    > any previous system libs/mods/kernels will be wiped
    >reflash your previous gapps package if certain apps aren't functioning and/or visable such as maps/gps, bank apps etc.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICES, BUT SH*T HAPPENS!

Backup Your Current Rom In Recovery.
    Wipe? Read Above
    Flash Jb Radio If Not On One - Links In The 1stop Sticky
    Flash Rom
    Reboot Now To Test It Out Or Flash Gapps(superlite or full)
    Let It Settle, A Few Minutes Should Be Fine
    Read The Build Your Own Rom Section
    Note: If Updating From Previous Versions Reflash Your Previous Gapps Package If Certain Apps Aren't Functioning And/or Visable Such As Maps/gps, Bank Apps Etc.

DOWNLOADS
    READ INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE ABOUT WIPING

SUPERLITE AOKP JB 4.3.1 V4.0 |gps fixed |> 85MB < - W/LATEST MERGES AS OF NOV 8/13 - READ "BUILD YOUR OWN" BELOW FOR WHAT I TOOK OUT
    JAN 14/2014: THE ONLY CHANGE FROM V3.0 TO V4.0 WAS TO FIX THE GPS

GAPPS_SLITE_12mb_jb-20130813.zip > 12MB < - ONLY WITH PLAY, SYNCING FOR CONTACTS, CHROME BOOKMARKS AND DATA, AND GOOGLE SETTINGS

FULL GAPPS JB 20130813 > 87MB < - UNTOUCHED - LINKED TO GOO.IM PAGE

USE THESE OR GET YOUR PREFERRED APPS FROM PLAY OR BACKUPS

SEE PICS OF APP DRAWER ABOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU GET.
    IF ITS UPLOADED THERE WILL BE A LINK.
    FLASHABLE ZIPS, JUST INSTALL FROM WITHIN RECOVERY AND REBOOT, NO WIPE NEEDED.
    SOME APPS ARE DEPENDANT ON OTHER APPS TO FUNCTION - IF SO THEY WILL FORCE CLOSE/NOT FUNCTION - FIND OUT WHAT THE APP IS DEPENDANT ON, EG. EXCHANGE.APK "MIGHT" BE NEEDED BY SOME BANKING APPS. TD BANKING APP WORKS W/OUT EXCHANGE.

EMAIL AND EXCHANGE
    DESK/ALARM/LOCK CLOCK
    BROWSER
    LIVE WALLPAPERS
    SOUNDS - all ringtones, notifications - same as previous version
    CALCULATOR
    VOICE DIALER
    SOUND RECORDER

THANKS GOTO

USERS OF MY SUPERLITE ROMS
    TOYES
    AOKP
    TEAMCHOPSSTICKS
    Cyanogenmod
    TEAM ROOK

"I AM NOT A DEV, I JUST KNOW HOW TODO STUFF"
    ill upload the byo apps hopefully by tomorrow
    I still have to finish watching breaking bad, marathon-ing it
    previous versions

SUPERLITE AOKP JB 4.3.1 V2.0> 85MB < - W/LATEST MERGES AS OF OCT 15/13 - READ "BUILD YOUR OWN" BELOW FOR WHAT I TOOK OUT

EMAIL AND EXCHANGE
    DESK/ALARM/LOCK CLOCK
    BROWSER
    LIVE WALLPAPERS
    SOUNDS - all ringtones, notifications
    CALCULATOR
    BOOTANI UNICORN - to use goto>settings>rom control>general ui>custom boot ani.
    VOICE DIALER
    SOUND RECORDER
    PHOTO TABLE
    SWAG PAPERS -online extra wallpapers
    updated rom v3.0, op is updated
    OP UPDATED
    aokp jb4.3.1 v2.0