Installing custom ROM on Asian Amaze/RUBY

Search This thread

StockRecovery

Nov 28, 2013
First to clarify, i have an "unbranded" (asian) HTC Amaze (which is also known as HTC RUBY).

I'm on stock ROM 2.3.4 and it is un-updatable officially.

So... I unlocked my bootloader, then i installed 4EXT recovery, then i S-OFFed my device (which somehow locked my recovery again), then i rooted it.

Now, when i flash a custom rom (Cyanogenmod JB 4.1.2 official), it gets stuck on the boot screen (the rotating cyanogenmod logo).

I have backed up my rom in the recovery, so i can restore it and get back to where i was.

Basically i want to know what I'm doing wrong or if I've missed an step.

I haven't Super-CID it yet, is it really necessary? And i also can't seem to update my hboot, but isn't 4ext supposed to do that for me?

StockRecovery

Nov 28, 2013
You forgot to install the ICS firmware. You can't install an ICS ROM while on Gingerbread. You need to first upgrade to ICS, then you may start flashing ROMS.

This thread has it, and all of what you need.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2167596

If this has helped you, use my thanks button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Oh... So according to the article, i just download that ROM, rename it to PH85IMG.zip and flash it via bootloader.

After that i should be able to install any ROM i want right? Including the Cyanogenmod JB 4.1.2 one?

----

Oh and just to update, I've also updated my bootloader to the latest 1.93.2222 one. Working all fine.

I've also run the SuperCID batch script, and it seemed to work, but It isn't showing any CID status on my bootloader. Maybe it will once i flash the ICS ROM on it.

StockRecovery

Nov 28, 2013
HURRAY! It worked. I'm using the T-Mobile ICS ROM right now without any issues. I think I'm going to stick with this for a while before i try the Cyanogenmod 4.1.2 one.

Thanks a lot Afnan dude, your one short reply was enough to solve my issue. Haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You forgot to install the ICS firmware. You can't install an ICS ROM while on Gingerbread. You need to first upgrade to ICS, then you may start flashing ROMS.

This thread has it, and all of what you need.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2167596

If this has helped you, use my thanks button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk