Idea. Start Screen Backup App

Search This thread

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
Now we have access to 8.1 it is nice to experiment with different layouts and use transparent tiles etc. However after experimenting and moving and resizing tiles, you may prefer to go back to your original layout.

Therefore can some smart genius please create an app/tool to backup the original layout so we can restore to it when we want? Maybe the option to backup several layouts and choose which one to restore to. This would come in most useful say if you have one layout specifically for work and one for home/play.

Maybe it is as simple as backing up an XML/reg/dll file?

Reactions: silvestro1

silvestro1

Sep 16, 2013
Vienna
I was thinking about this aswell! It would be awesome not only for backups, but also for creating a layout and sharing it with others!
I looked into fiddler while apps and settings were backed up and I found that the line
Code:
GET https://dm1.storage.live.com/mydata/windows/backups/DeviceRoot_################/backup/os/windowsphone-startscreen
specifies where the start screen is saved in the cloud (there are a few more parameters attached). Opening that link directly didn't work though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now we have access to 8.1 it is nice to experiment with different layouts and use transparent tiles etc. However after experimenting and moving and resizing tiles, you may prefer to go back to your original layout.

Therefore can some smart genius please create an app/tool to backup the original layout so we can restore to it when we want? Maybe the option to backup several layouts and choose which one to restore to. This would come in most useful say if you have one layout specifically for work and one for home/play.

Maybe it is as simple as backing up an XML/reg/dll file?