Is the Asus TF701T a good tablet?

Search This thread

awdrifter

Feb 11, 2012
My Fujitsu M532 just died (battery will not charge, will only work when plugged in). I'm hoping not to make the same mistake again, so I'm asking for some feedback on the quality of this tablet. How is the quality of this tablet? Anyone owned it for more than 3 months? Any issues so far? Is this tablet rootable? If it is, please let me know the manufacturing date or purchase date (I had issue where my M532 was a later revision that's not rootable). Thanks in advance.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
My Fujitsu M532 just died (battery will not charge, will only work when plugged in). I'm hoping not to make the same mistake again, so I'm asking for some feedback on the quality of this tablet. How is the quality of this tablet? Anyone owned it for more than 3 months? Any issues so far? Is this tablet rootable? If it is, please let me know the manufacturing date or purchase date (I had issue where my M532 was a later revision that's not rootable). Thanks in advance.

Yes it is a very good device - very quick and stable.

Read up on rooting - Asus employ a locked bootloader which you need to permanently unlock in order to root and flash custom roms currently.

The only caveat is you need to use their tool to unlock and it tells them you unlocked which means they then void your warranty. A small price to pay imo :)

If you are getting the dock as well - Looks like earlier models had a docking issue where the hinge connector is a bit lose (I have this but doesn't actually cause any issues) A recent user posted that this was fixed with the 201404 version so try to get that one and you'll have the perfect device.

Reactions: awdrifter

awdrifter

Feb 11, 2012
Thanks for the info. I most likely won't get the dock, so that's not an issue. As for the locked bootloader, what if I just want to root the device but run stock rom? I just need superuser for a few apps that I want to run. Can something like the Kingo Root tool root this device?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks for the info. I most likely won't get the dock, so that's not an issue. As for the locked bootloader, what if I just want to root the device but run stock rom? I just need superuser for a few apps that I want to run. Can something like the Kingo Root tool root this device?

No there are no root exploits currently out there working. Only way right now is unlock the bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes it is a very good device - very quick and stable.

Read up on rooting - Asus employ a locked bootloader which you need to permanently unlock in order to root and flash custom roms currently.

The only caveat is you need to use their tool to unlock and it tells them you unlocked which means they then void your warranty. A small price to pay imo :)

If you are getting the dock as well - Looks like earlier models had a docking issue where the hinge connector is a bit lose (I have this but doesn't actually cause any issues) A recent user posted that this was fixed with the 201404 version so try to get that one and you'll have the perfect device.