After OTA 2.22.1540.3 (4.4.3), Camera app crashes on Zoe and Video Camera mode

Search This thread

komugi

Sep 4, 2008
NYC, PA, CT, MA
After OTA 2.22.1540.3 (4.4.3), Camera app crashes on Zoe and Video Camera mode. I have tried disabling Xposed, and any modifcation, as well as booting into Safe mode, doesn't seem to fix it.

Is anyone else getting this issue?

boe323

Jun 22, 2012
Burton on Trent
After OTA 2.22.1540.3 (4.4.3), Camera app crashes on Zoe and Video Camera mode. I have tried disabling Xposed, and any modifcation, as well as booting into Safe mode, doesn't seem to fix it.

Is anyone else getting this issue?
lol ...your right ...mine doesn't even open it reboots the phone, and google camera force closes? what a pointless update lol. mines 2.22.401.3. Stupid camera upgrades ....were these even tested? now my media database is messed up, wont play the right sound I set. I thought there was something odd about this update, after the upgrade ...it only optimised a 100 apps ....it always did 359 apps before, wiping dalvik manually does the same, 100 apps, theres a storage issue aswell as the camera, and google camera don't work either, its not part of sense. Is it because we are rooted etc? Oh yes and art don't work for me either.UPDATE: Got ART to work, but not the cameras ...any camera to be exact, thought it might be supercid or because its unlocked but that wouldn't stop other camera apps would it?

Last edited:

KriBKriB

Mar 25, 2013
Singapore
If you have Xposed and other root system tweaking apps installed you really can't expect OTA's to go perfectly smooth, can you?

komugi

Sep 4, 2008
NYC, PA, CT, MA
mine is working absolutley fine, even after converting my m8 to a dev edition from WWE edition. I was completeley stock before i took ota (no mods, nothing)

Yeah, turns out it was an app conflict, mainly Google Now/Google Voice Search -- when you enable "Ok, Google" from any screen in the Google Now settings, it interferes with the Camera apps microphone access, sometimes it is able to terminate the process and use the microphone, but when it's not able to, it crashes.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyera343

flyera343

Sep 19, 2009
Yeah, turns out it was an app conflict, mainly Google Now/Google Voice Search -- when you enable "Ok, Google" from any screen in the Google Now settings, it interferes with the Camera apps microphone access, sometimes it is able to terminate the process and use the microphone, but when it's not able to, it crashes.

Thanks much. This problem was also causing my video button to require a double press. It wasn't crashing, but the first press must disable the "Ok, Google" listening, then the second press would record the video.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mine is working absolutley fine, even after converting my m8 to a dev edition from WWE edition. I was completeley stock before i took ota (no mods, nothing)