[BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Search This thread

flash0110

Nov 3, 2009
Blackstone

I followed the descriptions in your first post and also formatted my SD with the tool you named. The installation worked without errors, the XDANDROID logo appears and when it vanishes just begins from new. This repeats for like 5 minutes and then at a point the screen freezes, the mobile vibrates once and then starts the normal Winows Mobile 6.1. This is the very first time I try to boot Android on a Windows Mobile Device so I think it also might be my fault that it doesn't work. Any ideas on what I did wrong or how I could fix it?
Thanks in advance!

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I followed the descriptions in your first post and also formatted my SD with the tool you named. The installation worked without errors, the XDANDROID logo appears and when it vanishes just begins from new. This repeats for like 5 minutes and then at a point the screen freezes, the mobile vibrates once and then starts the normal Winows Mobile 6.1. This is the very first time I try to boot Android on a Windows Mobile Device so I think it also might be my fault that it doesn't work. Any ideas on what I did wrong or how I could fix it?
Thanks in advance!

Odd... surprised it got that far before it rebooted :p.

Do you know what device you have...? RAPH100 for example? I know the CDMA RAPH's aren't working so well on the newest kernel - RAPH500/800.

flash0110

Nov 3, 2009
Issue

Thank you for the fast reply!
The problem might also be that I am from Germany and that the device here is named HTC Touch HD. When I look up the code above the IMEI barcode it says BLAC100, don't know if that helps you at all tho i read that it is sold under the name Blackstone in other countries that is why I used the startup for that one.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Thank you for the fast reply!
The problem might also be that I am from Germany and that the device here is named HTC Touch HD. When I look up the code above the IMEI barcode it says BLAC100, don't know if that helps you at all tho i read that it is sold under the name Blackstone in other countries that is why I used the startup for that one.

Dude... you're in the wrong section of the forums :p.

There's an entire Touch HD Android Development section. There's a FRX07 thread there as well, with unique caveats for that device!

Reactions: flash0110

flash0110

Nov 3, 2009
Sorry...

I am terribly sorry! I didn't go thru the forums to find this thread but got linked here from an external page where someone posted this is the latest release for the HTC Touch HD and as the Blackstone looks exactly like the Touch HD (or is exactly the Touch HD) and that one 'been in the startups as well I thought I am all correct here! However the download file there is exactly the same as I downloaded here what confuses me a slight bit... But I will try that one then! Thanks!

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I am terribly sorry! I didn't go thru the forums to find this thread but got linked here from an external page where someone posted this is the latest release for the HTC Touch HD and as the Blackstone looks exactly like the Touch HD (or is exactly the Touch HD) and that one 'been in the startups as well I thought I am all correct here! However the download file there is exactly the same as I downloaded here what confuses me a slight bit... But I will try that one then! Thanks!

Same build for every device - but each device has their own quirks. Easier to document which device has what quirks in the proper section ;).

For example, the newest kernel doesn't boot correctly on BLAC, but works fine on RHOD. This is unfortunate, but easily remedied.

Reactions: flash0110

scriptkit

Jul 2, 2009
help!!!!!!

raph120 gsm

----------------------------
runing an fsck on the sd card
dosfsck 3.0.1 23 nov 2008,fat32,lfn
logical sector size is zero.
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /card0 failed: invalid argument
Failed
Failed to mount the sd card.cannot continue.
----------------------------

SOS!!!!!!!

ok,i know,re-fdisk..is ok.

Last edited:

sabrosolatino

Jun 12, 2009
Carrier: AT&T LTE
Thanks for FRx07 XDAndroid!!!!!!

Thanks arrrrrghhhhh!!!!

I will try this right now in a HTC Diamond 500 CDMA (Sprint)
and report back here in this same post.

UPDATE.1:
Well, I did some more experimenting. With my original configuration, and the system.ext2 from FRX07, things were pretty slow. I tried the 0622 kernel with FRX07, and it did boot, but I think it was SO slow, I couldn't get past the lock screen. I eventually managed to get it to shut down. I wiped the andboot directory, restored my original backup, and replaced the original kernel with 0622. This seems to work fine, although I'm still testing. Looks like FRX07 is a dud on a DIAM500, at least for me.

RChadwick,
I also try with Kernel 22-June-2011 and Rootfs.img (16-April-2011) but this one have the old "RIL" not the new improved one so I guess the FRx07 will not work well with the old one!!!!!!!!!!

I also had the HTC CDMA touch DIAMOND 500 SPRINT device and the FRx07 Bundle doesn't allow me to go beyond the LOCkSCREEN in any boot in the Diamond CDMA.

I'm using :

1.- System-ext2 (15-July-2011) FroyoX07 (Froyo)

2.- Rootfs-20110716-245f68a.zip (16-july-2011)

3.- initrd-20110429-a3eace0.gz (29-April-2011)

4.- zImage and Kernel module htc-msm-linux @ 20110622_180615-package.tar (22-June-2011)

NOTE: Also doesn't boot up with Kernels: 27-June-2011; 11-July-2011; 16-July-2011 (htc-msm-linux @ xxx-package.tar) Because endless mismatch messages starts with the second boot XDAndroid.

Last edited:

xtremists

Jan 12, 2011
my diamond gt restart after booting in to android and after the welcome screen of android my phone reboots abck in to winmo any idea m using full bundle

HooloovooUK

May 25, 2007

You forgot to add the RAPH300 startup stuff :p

As with FRX06 I used the RAPH100 startup.txt with "board-htcraphael-navi.inversion=1" added to make the hardware keys work correctly.

I deleted everything Android related from my SD card and did a fresh install of FRX07. It boots and works fine.

From an end-users perspective not much seems to have changed. I've spent a bit of time with it now and there doesn't seem to be anything working now that didn't work before, although I appreciate that a lot of the updates are to the main system and wont be immediately obvious. The battery still runs down in about 6 hours unfortunately which is the last stumbling block preventing me from running XDAndroid all the time. Oh well.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Thanks arrrrrghhhhh!!!!

I will try this right now in a HTC Diamond 500 CDMA (Sprint)
and report back here in this same post.

DIAM500 will probably have issues with the kernel I've included... try 20110627 if you have issues booting please...

my diamond gt restart after booting in to android and after the welcome screen of android my phone reboots abck in to winmo any idea m using full bundle

Roll back to an older kernel. Try the one above perhaps? ^^

You forgot to add the RAPH300 startup stuff :p

As with FRX06 I used the RAPH100 startup.txt with "board-htcraphael-navi.inversion=1" added to make the hardware keys work correctly.

I deleted everything Android related from my SD card and did a fresh install of FRX07. It boots and works fine.

From an end-users perspective not much seems to have changed. I've spent a bit of time with it now and there doesn't seem to be anything working now that didn't work before, although I appreciate that a lot of the updates are to the main system and wont be immediately obvious. The battery still runs down in about 6 hours unfortunately which is the last stumbling block preventing me from running XDAndroid all the time. Oh well.

Yea man... I'm sorry. There were a bunch of startup.txt changes I wanted to make and completely spaced it. Hopefully if the acoustic matures soon, we'll have another build out and I'll make the changes now so I don't have to make them later! Thanks for reminding me tho :p.

As for the battery life, unfortunately that's a kernel issue. If we could properly collapse the panel (and wake it back up mind you!) your battery would last much longer. It's not a simple task unfortunately...

ZeRoX93

Feb 7, 2010
I have a RAPH100 and I'm running FRX07 with SIM Card(mt:s Serbian Sim card) and everything works perfectly without a problem.

Meinname

Apr 28, 2008
some apps don't work anymore

does anybody noticed, that some apps don't work anymore.

for instance com.flightradar24free or de.tvspielfilm

whether install by market nor by titanium backup will work.
it fails with "installation failed"

except this issue FRX07 works fine. battery drain is very low, system is stable, no reboots, no app-shutdowns.

i'm using kernel 20110622_180615 with actual rootfs on RAPH110

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
does anybody noticed, that some apps don't work anymore.

for instance com.flightradar24free or de.tvspielfilm

whether install by market nor by titanium backup will work.
it fails with "installation failed"

except this issue FRX07 works fine. battery drain is very low, system is stable, no reboots, no app-shutdowns.

i'm using kernel 20110622_180615 with actual rootfs on RAPH110

Could be SU... some people have had issues where it doesn't ask for permissions. Do these apps need SU?

Meinname

Apr 28, 2008
Could be SU... some people have had issues where it doesn't ask for permissions. Do these apps need SU?

no, with both apps I didn't recognize any SU question with FRX06 or root comment in the market. the one is a tv program guide, the other a flight info app
the apps with SU (LED effects or TItanium Backup) ask correctly for it, when needed.

is there any logfile from installer, where i can look for some exceptions?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
no, with both apps I didn't recognize any SU question with FRX06 or root comment in the market. the one is a tv program guide, the other a flight info app
the apps with SU (LED effects or TItanium Backup) ask correctly for it, when needed.

is there any logfile from installer, where i can look for some exceptions?

logcat would be a logfile from the installer I guess...

dsramesh

Mar 31, 2008
Los Altos
Just booted up on Rhod500 with FRX07 and don't see settings for changing the network on the fly (CDMA or GSM).

Where is the settings under?

thanks!

..Ramesh

Layman's Changelog​

(As in, the changelog I wrote :p)​
  • Updated RIL (thanks hyc!) - this covers many different bugs that were in the old RIL - I'm only going to cover the major ones...
    • CDMA now works correctly (for the most part). force_cdma (and north_am_dialing) is now deprecated (not needed/ignored!)
    • You can boot with a SIM in on a CDMA device and choose your GSM or CDMA on the fly under Settings.
    • Location based on towers now works on CDMA.
    • 1xRTT now displays correctly, but I never seem to get EVDO Rev.a... I always get 0. This is represented by a 3g icon, as this is what the Android framework provides.
    • Full MMS support! Please see this page for configuration instructions. Will need help fleshing out the list of carriers folks!
    • Spotty service, switching towers, etc should no longer cause the dreaded SoD (Sleep of Death) condition!
  • (Basic audio) 3.5mm support for RHOD400/500
  • Droidwall works out of the box now
  • Keyboard backlight now fades in/out
  • Gallery3D back in! Picasa Web Sync comes with it ;)
  • A couple new apps added to AndroidApps folder:
    • rpierce99's app GetLogs
    • Titanium Backup

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FRX07.1 is here!!

This is a maintenance release - basically taking the newest components to make a completely up-to-date (as of Sept. 1).

Quite a lot has changed since FRX06 - the install process hasn't really, but be sure to read the changelog in the next post and the caveats in post #3!

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>​

I have created a complete bundle of FroYo with a stable kernel from GIT (August 19 / 1348), and rootfs from GIT (Sept. 2).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated September 1 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) (Updated July 15 2011) file by itself... Don't download this if you're not sure! Grab the full bundle!

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, FRX07.1, copy its contents to the root of your SD card. If you want to run Android from a folder instead of all the files on the root of the card, follow the steps below.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Screen calibration - you have three choices:
    • Re-use an old ts-calibration file if you have it and you know it's good.
    • Download the ts-calibration.zip file and extract it to where you put the rest of the files (root of SD or in a folder - make sure it all stays together!)
    • Manually calibrate - boot with no ts-calibration file and watch the boot process - you'll be asked to hit 5 points to calibrate the screen. If you have issues calibrating, try an older kernel (1225 works well) Once you have the calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a good one :p), reboot & go back to the newest kernel!

6. Run haret.exe.. Profit! :D

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - if you let it sit for about 10 mins so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. it will be much more pleasurable experience. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot ;).

Troubleshooting:
    Please read the... FAQ
    If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
    There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

See Incremental Updates for more information on updating the kernel and other components.

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data (all user data is stored in the data.img!!), Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Even though this build is considered fairly stable, you are more than likely going to run into issues. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.
    stinebd's Changelog:

stinebd said:
    Here’s a new release for you, folks. This is a major release with a ton of changes, new features, and fixes. Our friend hyc/highlandsun did most of the heavy lifting for this release. Highlights include a rewritten RIL with support for world phones and greatly improved CDMA support; fixes for the media codecs; fixes for MMS on Sprint; increased security with the Superuser app.

A list of changes is included below. The FRX07 system image is available for download now, and will require the use of a new rootfs image, also available now. Additionally, we have a new bundle containing everything needed to enjoy a full FRX07 system.

Note: Due to the incredibly long list of changes, this is a somewhat condensed, terse changelog describing only the overall scope of the changes.

FRX07:
    • frameworks/base:
      • Major frameworks changes for CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
      • Fixes for data connection handling to improve startup time. (hyc)
      • Fixes for wifi handling to avoid issues on hanged drivers. (hyc)
      • Stagefreight (media codecs) fixes. (hyc/viruscrazy)
      • Fixes for Sprint’s wonky MMS markup structure. (hyc)
      • Fix MediaScanner not finding audio files (including ringtones) in system.ext2
    • hardware/libhardware_legacy:
      • Minor GPS driver fixes. (Alex[sp3dev])
      • Rename wifi interfaces to wlan0 on all devices (hyc)
    • hardware/xdandroid-ril: Major RIL refactoring for improved performance on all devices, and added CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Gallery3D: Switched back to Gallery3D as the gallery app (closes bug #111)
    • packages/apps/Mms: Fixes for Sprint’s wonky MMS markup structure. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Phone: Fixes for CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Superuser: Added the Superuser package for authorizing su privileges. This, along with our signed builds, provides greatly increased security for the end user (mostly against malicious apps from the Market).
    • system/extras/su: Added as a dependency for the Superuser package
    • vendor/qcom/android-open: Include missing stagefright codec symbols. (hyc/viruscrazy)

To coincide with the FRX07 system image, the following rootfs changes have been made:
    • init.froyo.rc modifications...
      • Adjust wpa_supplicant service for the new abstraction provided by libhardware_legacy, as well as interface rename
      • Abstract the hciattach service to provide bluetooth support on both chipsets
    • Rename wifi interface to wlan0 on all devices
    • apns-conf.xml updated
    • keymaps completely reorganized, and RHOD end-call key has been remapped to be the Home key in Android.
    • default.prop: set ro.secure=1 to lock down the adb shell - su can be used with the Superuser app to authorize root access in adb if needed.
    Layman's Changelog​

(As in, the changelog I wrote :p)​

FRX07.1 Changelog:

• RHOD - all buttons on the front no longer wake the device. Only the power button wakes the device now.
    • Updated to the newest RIL
    • hyc's modified libs for video now baked in - *most* HQ YouTube videos (and other HQ videos) should finally work!
    • RHOD & TOPA - Userland (Android) now controls the LED by default now. If you need to debug sleep, you will have to change the behavior manually.
    • Facebook sync should now work, out-of-box.

FRX07 Changelog:
    • Updated RIL (thanks hyc!) - this covers many different bugs that were in the old RIL - I'm only going to cover the major ones...
      • CDMA now works correctly (for the most part). force_cdma (and north_am_dialing) is now deprecated (not needed/ignored!)
      • You can boot with a SIM in on a CDMA device and choose your GSM or CDMA on the fly under Settings.
      • Location based on towers now works on CDMA.
      • 1xRTT now displays correctly, but I never seem to get EVDO Rev.a... I always get 0. This is represented by a 3g icon, as this is what the Android framework provides.
      • Full MMS support! Please see this page for configuration instructions. Will need help fleshing out the list of carriers folks!
      • Spotty service, switching towers, etc should no longer cause the dreaded SoD (Sleep of Death) condition!
    • (Basic audio) 3.5mm support for RHOD400/500
    • Droidwall works out of the box now
    • Keyboard backlight now fades in/out
    • Gallery3D back in! Picasa Web Sync comes with it ;)
    • A couple new apps added to AndroidApps folder:
      • rpierce99's app GetLogs
      • Titanium Backup
    Caveats:

• BT - works! But audio doesn't route. See this thread if you're feeling adventurous and want to play with/don't mind using some unstable/incomplete code...

That audio routing thread is in the RHOD section, and I've only tested it on a RHOD - but AFAIK it should work on other devices. Let me know.
    Please try with physkeyboard=raphfix