GSM-Only Android Development for EVO 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tweak_four17

Aug 15, 2009
What about Telus? If I unlock the rogers EVO 3d can I use it on Telus? just unlock, swap sims and thats it? I'm kinda clueless about this..lol

runeazn

Apr 11, 2011
lol awesome i got s-on and hboot locked even worse than the phone flash got..
so how to root it now :thinking:
hboot is 1.49.0007

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
Got my Rogers EVO 3D today from Best Buy..

Sadly, it was a hardware upgrade so didn't qualify for the $99 price. They wanted to charge me:

$199.99 - Upgrade price
$35.00 - Hardware upgrade admin fee
$90 -Early upgrade fee

I was on the phone with retentions for a while at BB because I was 25 months into my 36 month commitment and they were committed in charging me the $90 because they claimed they changed the hardware upgrade period from 24 to 30 months. They finally credited me about $94.00 worth on my 3 past bills to offset it.

I was full out expecting to get it for $99.00 but ended up paying $273 - $50 mail-in rebate.

I still have 14 days (or 30 minutes of airtime usage) to return it so if I see anyone else getting a better deals, I'll definitely be returning it.

Anyways, back to business.. I'm coming from a Nexus One and have experience rooting it, along with HTC Desires and HTC Heros.

What do I need to do to get recovery on it to take a full backup in case I return it?

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
No bootloader unlock / root solution as of yet. We may have to wait for HTC's official unlock.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

they won't unlock it, they will give you the choice to do it yourself by losing the warranty ;) only bootloader unlock what screw things up too. We need the Hboot to be unlocked either.

GanJaY

Apr 17, 2010
Eindhoven
HTC EVO 3D Teardown!

Check this guy out ripping apart his evo3d...
Gotta give him some propz for this;)
for the people who want to know whats inside your brand new evo3d!

w3.htcevo3dcase.com/htc-evo-3d-teardown/

Daxomega007

Jul 1, 2011
Brampton
So I Can Install The Shooter_U Even Though The Phone Is Locked And Has S-On ? And What Bloatware Did Rogers Generously Donate To Us For Our Money ??

Last edited:

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
we'll see if i can get it rooted

There is no exploit yet, there is a locked bootloader which does not let you do anything. Even if you got root, you know how to flash a recovery ? ;)
And even the bootloader is not locked, the hboot could be unwriteable. So you will need a PB86IMG.zip with a working recovery to flash via hboot since fastboot flash recovery recovery.img won't work.

Last edited:

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Just got my evo 3d from Best Buy. Was not 99.99 for upgrade, only for a new activation. For upgrade its $199 - $50 rebate + $35 activation. Was worth it though as the rogers store doesnt even have the phone in stock yet. im anxious to root and install custom roms. I imagine it will be a little while until I can do so since the bootloader is locked and all.

Upgraded from a sony xperia x10 which was a great phone after being rooted, adding multi touch and custom 2.2 rom with flash support. This htc evo 3d is in a whole other league though.

3d is a cool trick but not practical. neat to have on the phone but i doubt ill ever use it except to show off :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please use the other development section for CDMA EVO 3D (Sprint) :cool:
    if I were to.....................

Lets say I:
    -setup a clone of charan's evo3d cdma shooter.git link
    -switch in all the gsm bits i can find (to replace the cdma versions)
    -make some minor corrections to the extract-files AND
    -pull all the proprietary files (with 0 errors / missing files) theeeeen I....
    -add in the msm8660 support to my local android git so i can compile
    -copy the cyanogen_vendor file from the supersonic & make all the changes
    making it a cyanogen_shooteru set and THEN............

I start compiling cyanogenmod. and it is still going.................
    now.... this brings me back to my original question (as I am not in a position yet to be using my MAIN device as a test platform....)

IF THIS COMPILE FINISHES....... A BIG IF

does anyone want to test it ??? :) :) :) :)???????????????

From the sounds of the cdma thread.. we know that bluetooth isnt quite right yet. but... .... the gsm people might have something to play with if this works :)
    ahem. Maybe not.. .. we will see.

editk.... i am stopped atm... wimax compile issues.. working through them.. keep u posted.
    I'm still hoping for official CM7 or CM9, or even a kang.
    I have not seen any GSM DEVs mention ASOP work so we could get MIUI or CM7

There still is hope tho.;-)
    copenhagen and the team got it working this morning. App update should come soon