Best service for online backup

Search This thread

dalhectar

Jun 7, 2009
What I'd like to do is be able to have a service that will backup files stored on /sdcard & /emmc from my phone. I'd like to be able to set which subfolders of /sdcard & /emmc should be backed up to the cloud.

I've tried a few but I seem to have some problems that make them unsuitable.

SugarSync & Dropbox only reads from /sdcard
Box.net reads from both /sdcard & /emmc but you can't select folders to backup
Wuala I can't figure out how to upload files from mobile.

Any recommendations?

gabbaroots

Feb 21, 2012
What I'd like to do is be able to have a service that will backup files stored on /sdcard & /emmc from my phone. I'd like to be able to set which subfolders of /sdcard & /emmc should be backed up to the cloud.

Any recommendations?

webdav enables the upload folder to box.net (market demand)

Reactions: dalhectar

next2devil

Mar 15, 2011
Auckland
+10 for foldersync.

I've been using it since long... I've got the paid version. It never gave me any prob and does exactly what you want it to do. You can set automatic as well as manual syncronization.

I've got a 50GB Box.net account. Got it for free. It's really handy. :)

Winklie

Apr 5, 2012
Nashua, NH
Another option, that's free, is your own PC. Why pay for exotic solutions to simple problems?

I use a program called GSyncit (it's paid) that synch's Outloook to my PC, I have a manual backup of all my music on my PC, and photo's can be easily copied to your PC. The connection to your PC is going to be faster, and arguably most importantly, there are no strange TOS issues with my PC. Who knows if the cloud your using will be hacked, or crash or have other issues. As my phone is connected to my PC every night to charge anyway, it's easy to make periodic backups.

The likelihood of both my PC and Phone dying at the same moment is very slim, and even with that, my phone data is duplicated on two different drives.

;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use an app called FolderSync that does exactly what you want. There is a free & paid version in the market. I've been using it and backing up to Box for the past 2 months & no issues so far!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.tacit.android.foldersync.lite
    Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Any recommendations?

webdav enables the upload folder to box.net (market demand)