[Q] Stock Rom running over Cyanogenmod? Battery Problems!

Search This thread

internethuman

Mar 22, 2014
Well, I used have Cyanogenmod but then my 4g wasn't working so I tried to flash stock rom on Odin but it didn't work so my friend helped me get it some other way and currently I have stock rom with root access, but the problem is I noticed recently that my battery life sucks! I was at the store and I checked my phone and it was at 60% then I pressed the sleep button and when I checked 15 minutes later I was at 5%! Today, I downloaded and flashed Clockworkmod via Rom Manager and when that I rebooted, at first it showed Samsung Galaxy S III and under that it was the little Cyanogenmod dude then it turned off and rebooted by itself but then the little guy didn't appear again, my best guess is that stock rom is running under Cyanogenmod which causes battery loss (also when im using it, it seems that 1% goes down every minute) can someone tell me if i'm wrong? I want to get Cyanogenmod again and see if it still has problems with 4g because Cyanogenmod is 1000 times better than stock rom, please help me?

EDIT: So I flashed TWRP since my friend told me it was better and the little Cyanogenmod dude came up while rebooting into recovery mode, then I was in the TWRP menu after that, I then rebooted back onto the system and the little dude didn't come up, so my guess that stock running over cyanogenmod still stands.

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Not sure what you mean when you say "stock rom is running under Cyanogenmod" but you are either running a stock ROM or CM. I've never seen a situation where the operating system was a combination of stock and CM after flashing.

Reactions: internethuman

internethuman

Mar 22, 2014
Not sure what you mean when you say "stock rom is running under Cyanogenmod" but you are either running a stock ROM or CM. I've never seen a situation where the operating system was a combination of stock and CM after flashing.
yeah, my friend is helping me get complete stock again, but I got a fail in Odin - <ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
do you know what it is?

Viper67857

Dec 14, 2013
I'm assuming the 'dude' you're talking about is the clockworkmod boot animation... It only appears when booting into clockworkmod recovery in order to flash something. You won't see it when booting into system or at all now that you're on twrp instead of clockworkmod. To find out what ROM you're on (can't be both) go into system settings and click 'About Device'. The build number will have your ROM version.

As for the battery issue it sounds like you have a bad wakelock problem. An app called betterbatterystats can help you find out what's causing it. Probably something to do with flashing back and forth between stock and cyanogenmod without doing a factory reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-2.0

internethuman

Mar 22, 2014
I'm assuming the 'dude' you're talking about is the clockworkmod boot animation... It only appears when booting into clockworkmod recovery in order to flash something. You won't see it when booting into system or at all now that you're on twrp instead of clockworkmod. To find out what ROM you're on (can't be both) go into system settings and click 'About Device'. The build number will have your ROM version.

As for the battery issue it sounds like you have a bad wakelock problem. An app called betterbatterystats can help you find out what's causing it. Probably something to do with flashing back and forth between stock and cyanogenmod without doing a factory reset.

The battery part was good info to me, thanks. Now, the dude is the blue cyanogenmod android guy, i'm 100% sure. I also downloaded and flashed TWRP and the blue cyanogenmod android dude still appears before going into recovery mode. My model number is JSS15J.1747UCUEMJB if that helps. :/

Viper67857

Dec 14, 2013
That's the 4.3 stock rom that you're running. What are you trying to flash in Odin? If it's below 4.3 it will fail, fortunately for you, because downgrading the bootloader from mjb or above will brick your phone. Try downloading a recovery flashable rom, either stock 4.3, 4.4.2, or cm11. Wipe system, dalvik, cache, and data and flash in twrp. If you go with stock 4.4.2 you'll also need ktoonsez kernel for wifi to work on your mjb bootloader.

As for the blue dude, I was thinking of the green animated android in cwm. I get the blue dude too when booting to recovery, but only for like a second and I don't use cyanogenmod. I can't remember if that was there with stock recovery or not, I've been on custom and rooted since I got the phone, but I do know it's there no matter if you're on touchwiz or aosp.

Last edited:
Reactions: internethuman

internethuman

Mar 22, 2014
That's the 4.3 stock rom that you're running. What are you trying to flash in Odin? If it's below 4.3 it will fail, fortunately for you, because downgrading the bootloader from mjb or above will brick your phone. Try downloading a recovery flashable rom, either stock 4.3, 4.4.2, or cm11. Wipe system, dalvik, cache, and data and flash in twrp. If you go with stock 4.4.2 you'll also need ktoonsez kernel for wifi to work on your mjb bootloader.

As for the blue dude, I was thinking of the green animated android in cwm. I get the blue dude too when booting to recovery, but only for like a second and I don't use cyanogenmod. I can't remember if that was there with stock recovery or not, I've been on custom and rooted since I got the phone, but I do know it's there no matter if you're on touchwiz or aosp.

Haha, I will try tomorrow thank you!

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
This message appears in Odin when trying to downgrade the bootloader:

internethuman

Mar 22, 2014
This message appears in Odin when trying to downgrade the bootloader:

Well I successfully have CM11 20140217 Nightlies and my mobile data was not working, so I messed around in the APNs settings and I changed from the LTE one (my sim card doesnt support lte) onto all the other ones and only one works but I get H, sometimes H+, and very very rarely 3g for like a second. Is there any way for me to get 4G again? Please help me..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.