Root your Jellybean 4.1.2 bionic

Search This thread

Maksim_ka

Jan 19, 2013
Kiev
Hi. I need your help guys. Someone who have root on JB, copy pleas preinstall folder and upload to file server

smokedkill

Apr 13, 2010
Remember good things come to those who wait ---> so just wait and be patient.

That's the wrong thing to say to Bionic owners. We waited a year for ICS, then around 6 months for jellybean and then it wasn't even the most up to date jellybean version and many people lost root. Bionic owners are already used to waiting and not all good things have came.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC2 using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Just relax. Brush up on your Ubuntu samba skills and wait a few days. And perhaps get your PayPal account ready for a donation while you're at it. Root is coming soon but it won't be a one click. It'll involve effort. We set up a root bounty on droidrzr. I highly recommend that those who care about root pledge a few bucks or donate directly to djrbliss.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: mjcampy

rook75

Jan 8, 2011
Just relax. Brush up on your Ubuntu samba skills and wait a few days. And perhaps get your PayPal account ready for a donation while you're at it. Root is coming soon but it won't be a one click. It'll involve effort. We set up a root bounty on droidrzr. I highly recommend that those who care about root pledge a few bucks or donate directly to djrbliss.

I though djrbliss was quiting on moto stuff? That's pretty awesome!

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I though djrbliss was quiting on moto stuff? That's pretty awesome!

He did. But someone asked him to write a new exploit to take advantage of the hole that's still present. So it's not a "new exploit"....just a repurposing of an existing one. :D He said that we should not keep expecting this kind of thing. That's why we really need this community to step up and donate so we can show him how much we appreciate it.

rook75

Jan 8, 2011
He did. But someone asked him to write a new exploit to take advantage of the hole that's still present. So it's not a "new exploit"....just a repurposing of an existing one. :D He said that we should not keep expecting this kind of thing. That's why we really need this community to step up and donate so we can show him how much we appreciate it.

Right on! Whelp Ill head over and donate.

smokedkill

Apr 13, 2010
Fact has it that not only is that true, I am in fact rooted again, and an exploit will be released later tonight. ;)

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I'm halfway rooted. When I say that, I mean that some root things work and others don't. It says I'm not rooted but I've been able to edit the build.prop and install safestrap.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Thanks man. I appreciate it. I'm halfway rooted. When I say that, I mean that some root things work and others don't. It says I'm not rooted but I've been able to edit the build.prop and install safestrap.

You can fix that easy enough. An adb shell and fixing up the permissions should take care of it for you.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Someone has instructions floating around for doing this here on XDA. I unfortunately didn't try preserving root before the update so I am SOL until the full root exploit is available.

I was in worse position. I had a custom copy of Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper that I was experimenting with to make a su backup in a different location. It didn't work and I forgot it was still on there. Backed up, took the OTA, and ..... SONOFA. :D So I'm VERY glad to have root back for sure. The exploit will be out later tonight after Dan has a chance to clean it up a little.

Reactions: rook75

rook75

Jan 8, 2011
I was in worse position. I had a custom copy of Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper that I was experimenting with to make a su backup in a different location. It didn't work and I forgot it was still on there. Backed up, took the OTA, and ..... SONOFA. :D So I'm VERY glad to have root back for sure. The exploit will be out later tonight after Dan has a chance to clean it up a little.

Dan has done it? So it will be a one click? Or will you be making it one click?

himan1240

Feb 2, 2013
Fact has it that not only is that true, I am in fact rooted again, and an exploit will be released later tonight. ;)

For someone who has never coded or done anything in the field of linux, ubuntu or samba... will this be impossible for me to re-root my bionic? I first rooted about a month before JB hit and did not know very much at all about rooting or keeping root. And since I was a soak tester, I had to get rid of root ASAP to get the OTA. So, I am very curious to how difficult this will be?

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I'm not going to lie...I had issues getting it to work and I already had my environment set up before we started. To get a feel for what you're in for, read through this....it's not exactly what needs to be done as Dan has changed it somewhat, but, the part about setting up the environment and downloading the exploit is the same.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2143437

I only post that to give you an idea of what you're in for...it's not the exploit that works...he hasn't released that yet and won't until he can fix a couple things that we ran into.

As for a one click, um, LMAO. Not so much, no. LOL.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/topic/16518-[ROOT]-Motoshare-2:-Old-Bug,-New-Exploit

And it's released.
    Save yourself the effort. Motochopper only works on snapdragon based moto phones... For which the bionic is not.

Google for safe root and use it. Yes I know it's for the s4. Do it anyway. I'm in an airport or is link you to the moto version I hacked together. Only difference is I removed the KNOX crap from the script but if will work either way. Shhhhhh. Don't tell anyone it works on old omap phones. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    I'm not going to lie...I had issues getting it to work and I already had my environment set up before we started. To get a feel for what you're in for, read through this....it's not exactly what needs to be done as Dan has changed it somewhat, but, the part about setting up the environment and downloading the exploit is the same.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2143437

I only post that to give you an idea of what you're in for...it's not the exploit that works...he hasn't released that yet and won't until he can fix a couple things that we ran into.

As for a one click, um, LMAO. Not so much, no. LOL.