Build 19949 Locked After 16th June

Search This thread

kwangchin

Apr 20, 2007
I found shell32.exe but I can't really edit it. Can you give a more detailed explanation on what we have to do.
Thanx

Eran

I believe this is how it goes, but have no luck in putting it into my device.

Search the "0000004AB2FFFFEB" in your favorite HexEdit program:
attachment.php

Modify it to "0000004A0000A0E1" and put it back to your device:
attachment.php

Last edited:

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Instead of modify, could we just exchange the shell32.exe file from another series? I'm no chef but exchanging from another rom seems like a good idea to me. I can't get the files to dump with Rom Koche though (haven't been able to since series 19213) which really kills me. Maybe a more experianced chef could try.
Cheers...:confused:

kwangchin

Apr 20, 2007
Instead of modify, could we just exchange the shell32.exe file from another series? I'm no chef but exchanging from another rom seems like a good idea to me. I can't get the files to dump with Rom Koche though (haven't been able to since series 19213) which really kills me. Maybe a more experianced chef could try.
Cheers...:confused:
The shell32.exe stored in ROM so I don't think copy/paste works. Perhaps we need a chef to help us. =)

promomail

Feb 22, 2007
Locked After June 15th.

What the heck is this ROM? Whomever cooked this should have warned about the time bomb...VERY dangerous...now phone is not working..
PDA viet work...:mad:

jocool

Dec 8, 2005
What the heck is this ROM? Whomever cooked this should have warned about the time bomb...VERY dangerous...now phone is not working..

I think you need to calm down. If you flash these ROM's you need to know that you are taking a risk, no guarantee. Nothing has happened to your phone. Put it in bootloader mode and flash any ROM you like.
If you don't like the risk just flash the HTC 6.0 production ROM.

Eran

kwangchin

Apr 20, 2007
Flashing non-official ROM's are really dangerous. If you couldn't accept this, you should just flash the Production ROM's by HTC. PDAVIET did a great job that I can say, and the problem didn't come from ROM. You can try PDAVIET Build 19716 or any lower builds and tell us if you still have this time bomb problem. We all are just looking for solutions but not to blame. Cheers.. =)

kwangchin

Apr 20, 2007
Okay, I have tested it and it works. Tried to change the date to year 2080 without any time bomb message. Thanks elivne again for the updates. Too bad dvha79_ddt didn't release the unlocked 3G version.