exit
$ exit
exit

C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb push system_v02.img /sdcard/sdcard2/
794 KB/s (352321536 bytes in 432.989s)

C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>

cdzo72

Permission denied

Is there any way to push these files to the phone while it's in the OS?

The problem I'm having is the owner of the Streak tried to erase his data from within Android and now everytime it boots, it goes back to stock configuration as if it were right out of the box....

So when I turn it off and go into fastboot, the phone forgets that the USB Debugging has been turned on and I can no longer use fastboot.

The phone isn't rooted and doesn't have CWM mod flashed either, so when I try to run the commands, of course I get "permission denied" after I hit enter, and I don't even start with the hash marks, rather a $ sign...

I have no idea what to try next, I have tried it all folks.... hope someone can give me an idea.

I even tried the Gingerbreak, but that left me worse for awhile, it seemed it worked fine, but when it rebooted, everything would just crash. I had to reset it with the button next to the sd slot 5 times before it would boot correctly again.

Z4nd4r

Jun 15, 2010
Colorado Springs
Is there any way to push these files to the phone while it's in the OS?

The problem I'm having is the owner of the Streak tried to erase his data from within Android and now everytime it boots, it goes back to stock configuration as if it were right out of the box....

So when I turn it off and go into fastboot, the phone forgets that the USB Debugging has been turned on and I can no longer use fastboot.

The phone isn't rooted and doesn't have CWM mod flashed either, so when I try to run the commands, of course I get "permission denied" after I hit enter, and I don't even start with the hash marks, rather a $ sign...

I have no idea what to try next, I have tried it all folks.... hope someone can give me an idea.

I even tried the Gingerbreak, but that left me worse for awhile, it seemed it worked fine, but when it rebooted, everything would just crash. I had to reset it with the button next to the sd slot 5 times before it would boot correctly again.

With all the issues you've been having, cdzo, it almost sounds like you got a bum unit. Seems to happen a bit with these; strange, because otherwise the build quality is fairly high.

cdzo72

Z4nd4r....

I was hoping not to hear something like that. I'm beginning to think the same thing or that there is a problem with the internal chip and/or internal SD card.

I can go into the SD card and erase everything... reboot and it will all still be there, pics, videos, etc....

never seen behavior like that before...

Odd thing is that before the guy tried to erase his data from within the OS it was fine, he was just gonna sell it, that's why he was erasing

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
Z4nd4r....

I was hoping not to hear something like that. I'm beginning to think the same thing or that there is a problem with the internal chip and/or internal SD card.

I can go into the SD card and erase everything... reboot and it will all still be there, pics, videos, etc....

never seen behavior like that before...

Odd thing is that before the guy tried to erase his data from within the OS it was fine, he was just gonna sell it, that's why he was erasing

I'm guessing you've tried erasing everything from it being connected to a p.c.? Maybe do a format if it will let you? That won't touch the OS partition.

cdzo72

I'm guessing you've tried erasing everything from it being connected to a p.c.? Maybe do a format if it will let you? That won't touch the OS partition.

Yeah, both ways, through file manager and connected to the PC. No matter what I erase from the internal SD card, when I reboot, it will be there once again. Likewise, anything I add to the internal SD card, it will be gone when I reboot.

Sometimes, I don't even have to reboot, the screen just goes to sleep and I go back and check, and any setting I have changed, wifi for instance, or something I put on the card, will be gone....

Charfahl

Aug 31, 2008
Just wondering if anyone has the original WIFI logo/files? Messed around with mine for a couple of days but the screen viewing angle is just killing my eyes... So I'm gonna return it I think, but Was gonna reset to factory (I've tried all the roms on it)

I can fake it with this i think but would really like the dell logo's version if possible

lexingt0n

Jul 3, 2007
Terni
This procedure is valid also for the wi-fi version? Im italian and i have DS7 wi-fi version...and in case there's the italian language with this procedure?
thanks

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
That update.zip is 404 error.

Already got the recovery back to stock. But was trying to just do a quick OEM flash so I can send my device in for warranty. (Touch screen glitching) Once I get home I can fastboot it all.

fireshaper

Feb 19, 2008
thismobilelife.com
I think I bricked my device before, it would act like it would start up (bring up the dell splash screen make a noise and then go to black) so I thought this might fix my problem. I was able to go into Fastboot and upload those files to the device and according to the device everything went swimmingly. But, after the reboot the device is just sitting at the Dell splash screen, and it's been that way for about an hour.

How long do I need to wait, and what do I do if I can't get it back to stock?

Edit: just remembered about nvflash, will try that later.

Edit 2: Tried nvflash and I'm getting no where. It starts up fine, gets to "bootloader downloaded successfully" and then closes the window out. I've tried everything that I can think of. I even tried fastbooting the CWM img file to see if I could get into it to do a nandroid restore but I just get the Dell recovery screen and it won't do anything even if I try to do the upgrade option (I just get a Dell logo on top of everything forever).

Last edited:

chippywone

Jun 1, 2008
need help asap

ok so my adb drivers arent install or something it keeps sayin error:device not found i need the drivers.
ps and when i put in adb devices it says list of devices attached and doesnt show nothing else no munbers or anything can some1 oplz help me out out post drivers that i can install thanks..

chippywone

Jun 1, 2008
I soooooooooooooo happy I was able to fix my Streak 7......yahooooooooo

I was missing the correct flash_image file which i took from the Galaxy Tab flash_image which is the same for the Dell and follow the direction and I now up again.......

Thanks guys

how do i get it to work for me? where do i put the flash_image at?
thank u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This may void your warranty, cost you your soul, and cause your spouse to leave you - ALL OF WHICH I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR!

So, if it's because you screwed up flashing something, bricked your tablet with an OTA update after you installed CWM, or whatever, this is how you get it back to its outta-da-box shape!
    (Please note, this assumes you have both installed CWM on your DS7 AND have installed the latest SDK on your computer).

1. Download the three attached .img files
    2. Boot into CWM (since there really isn't anything else you can do)
    3. In CWM, mount your SD card (so that you can view files via USB)
    4. Plug in your DS7 to your computer, and copy the three .img files to the root of your SD card
    5. Unmount your SD card, but leave the USB cable plugged into computer
    6. Mount as many things as you can (ie system, boot, etc)
    7. Open up command prompt, and navigate to your Android/tools folder, and type "adb devices"
    8. There should be a number that shows up, or a "?" - either at this point is fine
    9. Type the following command:
    Code:
    adb shell
    a hash tag should show up that looks like this:
    Code:
    #~
    10. Now, type the follow two commands one at a time:
    Code:
    flash_image /dev/block/mmcblk3p2 /sdcard/boot_orig.img
    flash_image /dev/block/mmcblk3p1 /sdcard/recovery_orig.img
    11. now, select "reboot" from DWM to reboot your device. It should boot and say something like "Formating Misc", and then it will reboot repeatedly
    12. Use something small to push the RESET button on the DS7 (it's next to the SD card slot)
    Your screen should go blank
    13. Now, press and hold both the POWER button and the VOLUME - button until the screen comes on saying that the "fastboot downloader" is booted
    14. Copy the three .img files into the your Android/tools folder
    15. Now type the following code:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    16. There should be a number that shows up, or a "?" - either at this point is fine once again
    17. Now type the following commands one at a time. The first will take a while to complete - this is okay:
    Code:
    fastboot flash system system_orig.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery_orig.img
    fastboot flash boot boot_orig.img
    Now, if after every command a "finished." is given, along with the total time each command took, you may continue.
    18. You may now type the triumphant command:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Which will reboot your device.

Give it a little bit to boot, but when all is done you should see the original T-Mobile boot animation and everything.

Special thanks to DJ_Steve, bogdi1988, and grimesda@yahoo.com for all your help!

Needed files:
    system_orig.img
    recovery_orig.img
    boot_orig.img

[Edit]
    For those users who need the original "flash_image.zip" file, I have uploaded it and it is available here.

PS: As an added note: **** you Koush! From all of the DS7 community!
    This may void your warranty, cost you your soul, and cause your spouse to leave you - ALL OF WHICH I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR!

So, if it's because you screwed up flashing something, bricked your tablet with an OTA update after you installed CWM, or whatever, this is how you get it back to its outta-da-box shape!
    (Please note, this assumes you have both installed CWM on your DS7 AND have installed the latest SDK on your computer).

1. Download the three attached .img files
    2. Boot into CWM (since there really isn't anything else you can do)
    3. In CWM, mount your SD card (so that you can view files via USB)
    4. Plug in your DS7 to your computer, and copy the three .img files to the root of your SD card
    5. Unmount your SD card, but leave the USB cable plugged into computer
    6. Mount as many things as you can (ie system, boot, etc)
    7. Open up command prompt, and navigate to your Android/tools folder, and type "adb devices"
    8. There should be a number that shows up, or a "?" - either at this point is fine
    9. Type the following command:
    Code:
    adb shell
    a hash tag should show up that looks like this:
    Code:
    #~
    10. Now, type the follow two commands one at a time:
    Code:
    flash_image /dev/block/mmcblk3p2 /sdcard/boot_orig.img
    flash_image /dev/block/mmcblk3p1 /sdcard/recovery_orig.img
    11. now, select "reboot" from DWM to reboot your device. It should boot and say something like "Formating Misc", and then it will reboot repeatedly
    12. Use something small to push the RESET button on the DS7 (it's next to the SD card slot)
    Your screen should go blank
    13. Now, press and hold both the POWER button and the VOLUME - button until the screen comes on saying that the "fastboot downloader" is booted
    14. Copy the three .img files into the your Android/tools folder
    15. Now type the following code:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    16. There should be a number that shows up, or a "?" - either at this point is fine once again
    17. Now type the following commands one at a time. The first will take a while to complete - this is okay:
    Code:
    fastboot flash system system_orig.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery_orig.img
    fastboot flash boot boot_orig.img
    Now, if after every command a "finished." is given, along with the total time each command took, you may continue.
    18. You may now type the triumphant command:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Which will reboot your device.

Give it a little bit to boot, but when all is done you should see the original T-Mobile boot animation and everything.

Special thanks to DJ_Steve, bogdi1988, and grimesda@yahoo.com for all your help!

Needed files:
    system_orig.img
    recovery_orig.img
    boot_orig.img

PS: As an added note: **** you Koush! From all of the DS7 community!

Thanked using the Thanks button and Thanks for your post!

Just to remind me a little as I may miss something,
    why we **** Koush? It is not his fault that we stuck at CWM, or is it????
    Just what was needed

sent from somewhere
    In adb shell I type mount and get this..

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)

tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)

proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)

/dev/block/mmcblk3p4 on /cache type ext3 (rw,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,data=writeback)

/dev/block/mmcblk3p7 on /data type ext3 (rw,relatime,data=writeback)

/dev/block/mmcblk3p14 on /sdcard type vfat (rw,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

/dev/block/mmcblk3p3 on /system type ext2 (rw,relatime,errors=continue)

The line in bold is the problem!!!! The /sdcard/ is vfat? and the error i get is -ro meaning read only!

Dell Streak 7 tablets that get the -ro on SDCARD are stuck on read only and as of now there isn't anything we can do!

Tried remounting in rw mode but no success!!
    Dont know where these files are anymore, I might have them on one of my PCs. Not sure. What are you trying to do? Go back to stock or what? If not stock, Just fastboot the CWM over and get a rom installed. =)