[Kernel] Dragon-G2x v1.1.1 (OTA/Weapon) [9/2/2011]

Search This thread

Darkseider

Jun 15, 2010
First and foremost. This kernel rocks! The compression and swap is a really nice addition. Did I mention that this kernel is awesome? Thank you! For anyone that has doubts. Rooted OTA + this kernel = heaven. I haven't been happier with my G2X!

MasterGGM

Nov 11, 2010
I tried this with Weapon G2X 2.5 .. the scripts did not work, and my phone overheated :(

After overheating, the screen "turned on" with the buttons on and a black screen and I couldn't do anything but pull the battery.

Also, the boot time used to be like 15-20 seconds after installing the kernel it took 1 1/2 to 2 minutes each time.

Guess I am just not lucky, no kernels work me.

derekedw

Feb 6, 2008
Would love to use this but 5 min reboots are bad for me. I switch batteries alot. Would love to see that cache rebuild fixed.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

allofusjw

Jan 22, 2010
S. Jersey
I cannot get the zswap stats script to run properly...it says syntax error (expecting ")") or some ****...what I'm I not understanding with this

Make sure the zram_stats file is on root of your sdcard (/sdcard). Then, instead of trying to use zram_stats with script manager, use the run-zram_stats I made... http://db.tt/kQonXqF.
Again, original zram_stats must be on sdcard, but do not run it with script manager. Instead, use the script in my link by using script manager.

Please remember to "Thank" if you've been helped
Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Saludos ttabbal, I know we all got lifes outa XDA but havent u found something unusual at the logs i posted? sorry for my insistence! :D

No problem. I read over them, I see the data connection attempting to go through, but not much about why it doesn't finish. It all looks right, other than there not being an interface assigned to the connection in the failed logs. Though why that would be the case, I don't know. Did the other versions help/hurt the connection? Did you try with a fresh wipe of data/cache/system and install just the rom/kernel? Perhaps try removing the wifi calling app if your rom included it? It shouldn't matter, but it does mess with a lot of settings...

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Would love to use this but 5 min reboots are bad for me. I switch batteries alot. Would love to see that cache rebuild fixed.

So would I, but unfortunately, I don't see any reason it happens with custom kernels. The kernel itself shouldn't be able to trigger that sort of thing, the ramdisk could, but I used a stock one pulled from the kernel Weapon ships with. :confused:

chompipe

Dec 20, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm interested in trying out this kernel after reading the OP. I don't UV or OC at all, just looking for something very stable while keeping performance optimized. Since I'm not interested in OC'ing, would this be a good kernel? Thanks.

FastJoe78

Aug 6, 2010
Make sure the zram_stats file is on root of your sdcard (/sdcard). Then, instead of trying to use zram_stats with script manager, use the run-zram_stats I made... http://db.tt/kQonXqF.
Again, original zram_stats must be on sdcard, but do not run it with script manager. Instead, use the script in my link by using script manager.

I thanked you, but it did not work still saying Bash not found. I may have found out what's wrong...will report back in a few

update...still needs to find bash...wtf!

Last edited:

Oguti1985@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2011
For some reason only dragon kernel's work with my phone, fauxs always just boot loop, but making my phone run super smooth with weapon

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm interested in trying out this kernel after reading the OP. I don't UV or OC at all, just looking for something very stable while keeping performance optimized. Since I'm not interested in OC'ing, would this be a good kernel? Thanks.

It would be worth a try. You can always flash another kernel if this one isn't performing the way you prefer. Options are good. :D

allofusjw

Jan 22, 2010
S. Jersey
I thanked you, but it did not work still saying Bash not found. I may have found out what's wrong...will report back in a few

update...still needs to find bash...wtf!

Maybe try using busybox installer to install version 1.18.2. I think that's what I was using at the time because I was messing around with the v6 supercharger script and they recommend it due to bugs in later versions of busybox. Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest. I'm on the OMFGB rom right now so I can't test it again for the ota rom but I just ran it on this rom and it worked. The settings and results from script manager are in the screenshots.
Busybox installer: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.busybox.installer

Last edited:
Reactions: FastJoe78

FastJoe78

Aug 6, 2010
Maybe try using busybox installer to install version 1.18.2. I think that's what I was using at the time because I was messing around with the v6 supercharger script and they recommend it due to bugs in later versions of busybox. Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest. I'm on the OMFGB rom right now so I can't test it again for the ota rom but I just ran it on this rom and it worked. The settings and results from script manager are in the screenshots.
Busybox installer: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.busybox.installer

Ahhhh! Busybox I forgot I Downgraded for the v6 supercharger stuff very good!

B1acKcaT

Aug 8, 2011
just flashed this kernel, works great with hawkx MIUI 1.9.9, great battery life, been texting non stopping (new girlfriend) while watching videos on VEVO and youtube, no reboots whatsoever, no force closures or erros, thxs alot

Reactions: babymatteo

empmdk

Nov 20, 2008
Burn GA
My data connection does not work after flashing this kernel. This is a fresh wipe and install of Xboarder's Stock Tweaked OTA Gingerbread build v1.2.2, then flashing this kernel before booting. Everything seems fine but data connection.
Is there a fix at all for this?

Tried to "Fix Permissions" and now it will not boot.

Last edited:

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
My data connection does not work after flashing this kernel. This is a fresh wipe and install of Xboarder's Stock Tweaked OTA Gingerbread build v1.2.2, then flashing this kernel before booting. Everything seems fine but data connection.
Is there a fix at all for this?

Tried to "Fix Permissions" and now it will not boot.

I can't think of any reason why the data connection wouldn't work. Could you try it on Weapon? I haven't tested on that particular rom..

Fix permissions has always been ok as well..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    anyone happen to have a active download link for this? Thank you.

Here is the latest from what I had.
    First off, big thanks to Faux123. This is based on his repo with a few tweaks of my own. I'll be adding more as we go on. And of course, he's welcome to pull any patches he likes from my github.

Changes:

Added zram compressed swap support. I'll attach a script to turn it on and one to see what its status is. It's not like the older ramzswap that requires a special tool, everything is done through sysfs now. Very nice.

Added zcache compressed cache. This is a bigger win IMO, it compresses any compressible data in the cache. This means you can keep much more data in cache, which means you have to read it in from slow flash much less often.

Tweaked the low memory killer to take swap space into account, but only some of it.... This prevents swap thrashing while the system tries to kill processes and free up ram/swap. I also suggest using something like AutoKiller to set the levels to the best performance for your workload. We all run different apps and such, and that can affect how these things work for each user. There is no setup that is going to be perfect for 100% of users. Speaking of AutoKiller, I have found the advanced tweaks to help a fair bit as well. Don't use the memory management one, it overides your settings for things like swappyness. And the IO Scheduler doesn't do anything as we aren't using cfq. Unless you turn on cfq...

On Swap and compression:

While badly configured swap can slow things down, it's far more complex than people think. It also frees up RAM that's not being used frequently for apps that are. So your system can more efficiently use the resources it has. While compression does use some CPU time, our dual core 1Ghz+ CPUs can compress/decompress REALLY fast. Far faster than reading from the flash storage. In theory, this can affect battery life, though I haven't seen any significant issues from it.

Q: But we have 512M, that's a LOT!
    A: Well, kind of... Not all of it is accessible to the kernel for running apps. 128M for the GPU, some for the cameras, wifi, etc... In the end, a little less than 400M is available. Then you have to add in system overhead from the kernel itself, Android's OS processes, etc.. That is quite limiting, IMO, so using it more efficiently is important to me.

Q: I don't like compression/swap.
    A: Then don't run this kernel. :p

Download (OTA) v1.1: http://goo.gl/2dCK8
    Scripts: http://goo.gl/M4SzG

Code:
    OTA Changelog: 

v1.1.1:

* Fixed Haptic Vibration
    * Fixed some config settings

v1.1: 

* Updates from faux123 to fix LG crap code
    * Increase voltages and enable 1.5GHz

v1.0.3:

* Added low memory killer changes back in. 
    * Fixed Haptic Vibration

v1.0.2: 

* Correct mis-applied zcache patch.
    I cannot get the zswap stats script to run properly...it says syntax error (expecting ")") or some ****...what I'm I not understanding with this

Haptic feedback doesn't work. Faux had the same problem in one of his earlier kernels bbut he fixed it .

I'll test it again, but I know it was working at one point.

EDIT: Argh.. yeah, config got messed up. Compiling now.

OK. 1.1.1 is up, tested on my phone with working vibrate.
    Hey ttabbal, maybe you can help me a little bit with the issue im having with cyanogenmod based roms,

I've been trying to know a bit more bout RILs and ended up learning that it resides at the kernel. My objetive of learning about it is because no matter I do i cant have data conection on any CM7 based ROM but I DO have data on any Froyo / Gingerbread OTA rom, even tryed to change basebands, change sim card, push the apps related to the telephony from GB OTA to Cyanogen and replace Ril Libs also. Nothing had worked. And this is where you can help me a little: while using your kernel I have the exact same issue! No data whatsoever! No matter what ROM I use, in the other hand using Faux's kernel i got no issue, and bec you based yours in his work im sure you know what exactly changed between them and enlight me or make me understang what can I possibly do to fix my issue.

Thanks!

BTW I live in Guatemala CA, using a data plan from CLARO (America Movil) carrier

Look here at the Wikipedia Link to look at the baseband Im using.

I'm happy to share any information I can. Your issue is interesting as I can't think of any changes that should affect the radio. Most of the radio code isn't in the kernel. It's handled by a daemon called rild. We could try reverting some patches. The first thing to try would be to test all the older versions of the kernel. I'll get links posted for you when I get to a computer. If one of those work, we can look at the differences between them to try and narrow it down.