WM6 sounds anybody?

Search This thread

findus

Aug 7, 2004
Birmingham, England
Not sure if anyone has posted these elsewhere, happy to remove this if they have. I did a quick search as I was after the WM6 sounds (they're so much better than WM5!) to no avail. As I still have my Hermes I thought I would just copy them and see if anyone else wanted them.

Reactions: coma666black

jlingo

Jan 19, 2006
Jakarta
Not sure if anyone has posted these elsewhere, happy to remove this if they have. I did a quick search as I was after the WM6 sounds (they're so much better than WM5!) to no avail. As I still have my Hermes I thought I would just copy them and see if anyone else wanted them.
Yes They are indeed better.
Thank you for posting them for us.

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005

Thanks a bunch findus. now to rename to the WM5 file equivalent and overwrite the crappy WM5 sounds. :)

findus

Aug 7, 2004
Birmingham, England
If anyone gets around to doing this, please do upload it for us! If I do some time soon, I'll make sure to upload it here!

Here you go. Just checked, all the file names are the same, just had to convert everything to .wav

Let me know if anything is wrong!

EDIT: Can't upload the file, the ftp keeps timing out. Will try again in a bit!

natee

Dec 26, 2004
Here you go. Just checked, all the file names are the same, just had to convert everything to .wav

Let me know if anything is wrong!

EDIT: Can't upload the file, the ftp keeps timing out. Will try again in a bit!

Cool! Was just about to do it tonight!!

Perhaps you could upload it to rapidshare? If you don't, I'll mirror the files on FTP with my Rapidshare premium account so that it won't expire.

findus

Aug 7, 2004
Birmingham, England
Here they are - the issue was the size of some of the phone ringtones, so I've left them as .wma since they will work as ringtones, just not any other sounds.

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
System write protected files

Unfortunately overwriting existing files is not so easy as the current files are write-protected system files!

Instead rename the new files to something like e.g. from 'Alarm 1' (original file) rename new file to 'Alarm 1_WM6'.
just copy the '_WM6' part and paste to the end of each filename.

Once done drop all new files into 'Windows' directory and select your chosen sounds in the 'sounds and notification' app in;

settings/personal/Sounds & Notifications

works for me :)

jlingo

Jan 19, 2006
Jakarta
I don't have any problem with the protected files. I just press on Overwrite All and it worked just fine.
Unfortunately overwriting existing files is not so easy as the current files are write-protected system files!

Instead rename the new files to something like e.g. from 'Alarm 1' (original file) rename new file to 'Alarm 1_WM6'.

Once done drop all new files into 'Windows' directory and select your chosen sounds in the 'sounds and notification' app in;

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
Yes I'm using Resco Explorer 2007. Ah I guess that's why. I have been using resco explorer for many years from previous versions. So I didn't notice that using other explorer wouldn't work.

That's it. I'm converting right now. I always thought that Resco Ex... was good for just registry tweaking and I already became accustomed to Total Commander, but I can see the benefits clearly now. Thanks again jlingo.

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
Resco Explorer does the job!!

Thanks jlingo & findus. Resco Explorer is the nuts. Did it with no problems. :)

Did't realise what I'd been missing all these years.

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com

I never had this problem... I just used activesync and replaced all of the files from my computer. Went smoothly and all files are working just fine with just one minor problem. The audio quality is nowhere near as nice as the originial when I replaced the sounds already on the phone. They are kinda distorted and the audio quality isnt very good.

Last edited:

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
I never had this problem... I just used activesync and replaced all of the files from my computer. Went smoothly and all files are working just fine with just one minor problem. The audio quality is nowhere near as nice as the originial when I replaced the sounds already on the phone. They are kinda distorted and the audio quality isnt very good.

That'll be down to poor conversion I think. So you switched back to Original T-Mobile WM5 ROM? Hmmm interesting...well good luck;)

ikkoku

Apr 19, 2006
thanks... was looking for these files...

does anyone know which sound goes with what notification for the alarm1-alarm5 files?

I think alarm3 is new sms

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.