[Q] Problem with proximity sensor L900 with CarbonROM

Search This thread

thaittnguyen

Apr 27, 2011
New Orleans
Hello everyone, as my title states. I am having a problem with my proximity sensor when in a call. I have a sprint galaxy note 2 (L900) and am currently running CarbonROM's nightlies (4.4.2). Before I was using the 4/10/14 nightlie and when I was in a call the sensor was stuck and kept my phone dark until the call ended. But now with the 4/17/14 nightlie, the phone is constantly on while in a call. Has anyone else have this issue using CarbonROM? If there's a fix please let me know. Much appreciated.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Hello everyone, as my title states. I am having a problem with my proximity sensor when in a call. I have a sprint galaxy note 2 (L900) and am currently running CarbonROM's nightlies (4.4.2). Before I was using the 4/10/14 nightlie and when I was in a call the sensor was stuck and kept my phone dark until the call ended. But now with the 4/17/14 nightlie, the phone is constantly on while in a call. Has anyone else have this issue using CarbonROM? If there's a fix please let me know. Much appreciated.

I'm currently on Carbon ROM nightly version 4-17 and I have the same issue. Did you find any info on this bug in the Carbon ROM forum? I think this needs to be looked into because I don't like face dialing while talking on the phone. lol

thaittnguyen

Apr 27, 2011
New Orleans
I'm currently on Carbon ROM nightly version 4-17 and I have the same issue. Did you find any info on this bug in the Carbon ROM forum? I think this needs to be looked into because I don't like face dialing while talking on the phone. lol
No I didn't find any fixes for it. I talked to one of the developers and they are looking into it BC when I entered the live chat I asked the same question and they responded with "let me guess, note 2?"they're not sure what's going on with the notes that is causing the bug. But I've been looking at the change logs hoping they fix it and my phone volume is really low when I'm talking to someone as well. Sometimes I can't even hear the caller so I have to switch to speaker :/

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Thanks for the reply. As for the low volume during calls. You may already know this but try lowering the volume then raise it back up and that should increase the volume a lot. It's a bug in some AOSP ROMS.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
The proximity sensor issue has been fixed in the latest nightly build 4-23. Although now I can't sync my browser in Google account sync settings. All others seem to sync except browser. Could be another bug...