[OTA] ICS 4.0.3 OTA Update

Search This thread

unknown_owner

Nov 27, 2009
Here is the OTA Update found in the /cache folder when you download the OTA. This is for informational purposes. Not sure if putting the unzipped file back in /cache would give you the notification that you have a firmware update pending. Use at your own risk.

http://www.multiupload.com/1HHQWQBF51
MD5: 6187e52c76c125b0a5d1b4dc9674e635

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Last edited:

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Here is the OTA Update found in the /cache folder when you download the OTA. This is for informational purposes. Not sure if putting this unzipped file back in cache would start the update. Use at your own risk.

File uploading now. Will post link soon

Thank God at least some one knows what they are doing.

The General thread is going nucking futs right now, with multiple threads on the same topic, noobs left and right asking the same question....

wrick01

Jun 6, 2011
Exactly.

Still no link from logcat...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

LNKNPRKFN

Dec 16, 2010
BRAMPTON
Here is the OTA Update found in the /cache folder when you download the OTA. This is for informational purposes. Not sure if putting this unzipped file back in cache would start the update. Use at your own risk.

File uploading now. Will post link soon

awesome thx for this...antisipation is killing me!!!

crpeck

Jul 24, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
Freakin awesome - applying will be interesting, wonder if it can be done via the sdcard updates I've been doing? Guess I'll find out later, so much for sleeping tonight - LOL...

Thanks!!!!

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
Downloading... few seconds left... wondering how to installl hmmmm...

I'm going to try the instructions for the original Transformer: http://androidadvices.com/how-to-update-asus-eee-pad-transformer-tf-101-to-honeycomb-3-1/

Procedure to update Asus Eee Pad Transformer:
First up you will have to download the Zip file of Transformer 3.1 Update in which you will find the update file which you will have to download in your computer.
Now, up next with the help of the USB cable just connect the Asus Eee Pad transformer tablet with the computer in which you have extracted the file so as to copy the extracted file in the tablet.
Now, after extracting the file, just simply copy this extracted file in the Transformer tablet in the SD card and please note that don’t place the file in the inside of any folders, if placed so the file won’t be detected as an update file.
Now, after this simply turn off the device and after that press the volume down key and then the power key till the device boots up in the ROM Mode after which you will have to press the Volume up key after which the updation process will be initiated after selecting the file which you have placed in the tablet.
After the process is started, the device will take 5 – 10 minutes of time while it applies the update. As soon as the device is updated the tablet will be rebooting automatically and then a user notification will be popping up on your dock station stating the update availability notification to the version of 0209. Just follow the on screen instructions to proceed for the update and then there you go, you are ready with the update on your device

wrick01

Jun 6, 2011
Same here. Asus seems to have pushed the update only to the us...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

mrokeefe

Feb 6, 2011
San Diego
is your regular OTA update not working? Guess you could try putting it in the /cache folder... and either try update button again, or reboot???

Im one of the pricks without a serial number. If it fails...lame. Im swapping it out at bb once they get stock anyways

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

reNeglect

Aug 9, 2011
Calgary
Also when i try to put it in rom mode (Vol up + Power) it brings to a page saying select the following choices wipe data or cold boot sooo...

Update: ooppps my bad vol down i typed it in wrong D= but yeah going to put in my cache folder and seee how it goes...

Last edited:

unknown_owner

Nov 27, 2009
Well I was going to try and delete the dlpkgfile from /cache and try adding it back to see if it would notify me I have an update but after deleting the file, the original notification never went away. I tried a reboot and it's still there. I don't know if after d/ling. To cache it's stored someplace else. I don't want to update just yet. Want to tinker around for a bit.

Read a few people have been able to keep root by installing/running the app OTA Doorkeeper. Best to make sure you have a a su-backup file in /system after running the OTA Rootkeeper. Then run the update and restore root. I haven't done the update yet.

One extra precaution I took was to make sure I have the su binary file in /system/bin and /system/xbin. Not sure what would happen having it in both places but I wanted to make sure it was somewhere in case /system gets completely overwritten

Last edited:

reNeglect

Aug 9, 2011
Calgary
Confirmed putting the OTA zip in cache folder, then going to settings and run check update does not automatically start the updating process...

Expliciate

Dec 8, 2011
Toronto
I'm going to try the instructions for the original Transformer: http://androidadvices.com/how-to-update-asus-eee-pad-transformer-tf-101-to-honeycomb-3-1/

Procedure to update Asus Eee Pad Transformer:
First up you will have to download the Zip file of Transformer 3.1 Update in which you will find the update file which you will have to download in your computer.
Now, up next with the help of the USB cable just connect the Asus Eee Pad transformer tablet with the computer in which you have extracted the file so as to copy the extracted file in the tablet.
Now, after extracting the file, just simply copy this extracted file in the Transformer tablet in the SD card and please note that don’t place the file in the inside of any folders, if placed so the file won’t be detected as an update file.
Now, after this simply turn off the device and after that press the volume down key and then the power key till the device boots up in the ROM Mode after which you will have to press the Volume up key after which the updation process will be initiated after selecting the file which you have placed in the tablet.
After the process is started, the device will take 5 – 10 minutes of time while it applies the update. As soon as the device is updated the tablet will be rebooting automatically and then a user notification will be popping up on your dock station stating the update availability notification to the version of 0209. Just follow the on screen instructions to proceed for the update and then there you go, you are ready with the update on your device

Currently stuck on the screen with the droid and the exclamation mark.
I am unable to find a way in accessing the recovery menu to select the update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the OTA Update found in the /cache folder when you download the OTA. This is for informational purposes. Not sure if putting the unzipped file back in /cache would give you the notification that you have a firmware update pending. Use at your own risk.

http://www.multiupload.com/1HHQWQBF51

NOTE dont Volume Down + Power then select Wipe Data thinking its recovery its not.... just wiped everything by accident...
    yup im not touching this till its done properly we all in to much of a hurry
    ok.. so.. whats the method to extract images from the blob? BlobTools do no work.. anyone have a stock system.img from .33 so I can apply the patches to it? ending up with a bonafide ics image..
    Even though I got the update to download via OTA, I wanted to figure out how to apply it manually so you all can get some. I was NOT able to get the update to take with the dlpkgfile. I thought I was close but no cigar. Here is what I did in case someone can piggy-back off of what I did and find what went wrong:

1. Copy just the dlpkgfile to your Microsd card
    2. rename it as "US_epad-user-9.4.2.7.zip"
    3. remove your card and put it back in
    3. You will see the notification that a system update is available. Follow the directions.
    4. It will reboot to the recovery screen with the Android and the exclamation point. It sat there for about 5-7 min before it rebooted.

Unfortunately, the update didn't take. I got the error msg: System update failed. (2) Unknown error. Sy.." couldn't see the rest in the notification, the msg is too long. I tried to just click on the notification that the a system firmware is available again and the 2nd time nothing happens (had to do the zip again--worked 2nd time). Wonder if there is some sort of flag that I tried one time?

I'll keep trying something. Does anyone know how to get a log of everything being done? Maybe I can track done where it went wrong.