Titanium Backup cannot write on external SD card

Search This thread

Manafa

Dec 23, 2010
Hi, guys. I have stock rom, unlocked bootloader, rooted and TWRP recovery. Unforunately, I cannot set Titanium Backup to use my external SD card. It said It's not writeble. Rom version is 1.54. I've try to format the card few times, but no luck. No problem for camera app to save pictures there, only TB have this issue. Any suggestions?

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012

Manafa

Dec 23, 2010
Thanks a lot, I will try it. Where is the problem with this? In HTC rom/kernel or TB itself?

Manafa

Dec 23, 2010
First solution didn't fix it. Flashed file in recovery, rebooted and still got message "Folder not writeble".

Manafa

Dec 23, 2010
Doesn't work. I tried to change Platform.xml, but after reboot it's going back to previous state.

JUANJOSE1974

Aug 4, 2014
Sdfix app worked for me

Hi, guys. I have stock rom, unlocked bootloader, rooted and TWRP recovery. Unforunately, I cannot set Titanium Backup to use my external SD card. It said It's not writeble. Rom version is 1.54. I've try to format the card few times, but no luck. No problem for camera app to save pictures there, only TB have this issue. Any suggestions?

I downloaded SDFIX from the play store, reboot, when back to titanium backup, hit menu, general, go down to backup location, press the back button until you see mnt section, click on it, you'll see external sd, click on it, create folder & boila!! Hope it works for you

akitten007

May 3, 2011
HTC does not allow writing to the /system partition unless from recovery. To disable this, flash a kernel w/ the protection disabled http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2705613 Or you can manually install this module: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701816 After installing either of these, you can use any app posted above to gain write access to external sd.
(FYI the writing to sd card was disabled by google in recent versions of kitkat for all devices)

Reactions: simonbigwave

Sn8kbordin

Dec 29, 2009
Franklin Park, IL

THat link there gives me the follwoing message:

> vBulletin Message
Invalid Attachment specified. This can happen for a variety of reasons-- most likely because the thread or post you are trying to view has been moved or deleted. Please return to the forum home and browse for another similiar post.

I rooted my One M8 from T-Mobile. How can I make it so all apps can write to all of SD card?

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

This didn't work on my T-Mobile rooted One M8

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

I downloaded SDFIX from the play store, reboot, when back to titanium backup, hit menu, general, go down to backup location, press the back button until you see mnt section, click on it, you'll see external sd, click on it, create folder & boila!! Hope it works for you

SDFIX app doesn't work for my rooted One M8 from T-Mobile.

NZ-Simplicity

Jul 11, 2012
Christchurch

Tried all that, but even tho titanium reckons that sdcard2 is writable (don't get the red no write message) as soon as I try to back something up I get a not enough storage space error message (and yes I have enough space, over 11GB on external card.)

andray750

Sep 28, 2014
Flensburg
Titanium Backup write on ext sdcard

Tried all that, but even tho titanium reckons that sdcard2 is writable (don't get the red no write message) as soon as I try to back something up I get a not enough storage space error message (and yes I have enough space, over 11GB on external card.)

Hi there.
I also tried your's and many other steps.
In the end it was a simple thing for me.
Went: >Settings>Storage>standard storage>choose "sdcard"
That's it.
After a restart, ii was not even necessary to choose sdcard in TB.
Changed to it itself. :)

jbarr3

Nov 26, 2013
Another fix for anyone else having trouble.
Nothing above worked for me. It was frustrating when all other relevant apps could write to the extsd card including file explorer programs.
Anyway loaded Xsense (Xposed) module which has a setting "RW to extSD card", ticked it, rebooted and bingo. Backing up to extSD card as I'm typing this. :)

Top Liked Posts