RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.2_Radio_3.42.30 ...

Search This thread

cambogueno

Jul 21, 2008
Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my Touch (UK GSM Model), but I keep getting Error 270 - Image is corrupt.

My current ROM version is 1.11.405.1B.WWE (05/24/07) and I'm trying to upgrade using this:
RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_2_Radio_3.42.30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe downloaded directly from HTC.com

Is this upgrade specific to US CDMA touches?

thanks
Paul

slbailey1

Nov 21, 2007
ROM Upgrade Error 328

Device: Sprint Touch with the orginial ROM.

Trying to upgrade my ROM. I received a couple of errors dealling with the cable and one that requires a recovery. After the recovery, I'm getting the 328 Error - Invalid Command. How do I get pass this error.

I did noticed that the current image version is blank. Could this be the problem and how do I correct it? Will a hard reset correct it?

neurocutie

Apr 3, 2007
Device: Sprint Touch with the orginial ROM.

Trying to upgrade my ROM. I received a couple of errors dealling with the cable and one that requires a recovery. After the recovery, I'm getting the 328 Error - Invalid Command. How do I get pass this error.

I did noticed that the current image version is blank. Could this be the problem and how do I correct it? Will a hard reset correct it?
I got that 328 error repeatedly when trying to do the latest .4_2 update with my Win2000 PC. I then switched to an XP machine, and it worked the first time. Others report problems using Vista to do the update...

touchhelp

Jul 10, 2008
opera browser

Has anyone used the new opera browser. Not the opera browser (ver 8.65) included with the sprint touch rom update that was officially released today, instead the one that's on the opera's web site (ver 9.5 beta). Maybe this is something that most of you have know about, but in my opinion this is as close to having an iphone web browser without having an iphone. My wife purchased an iphone the same time I purchase my sprint touch. I know how to operate both devices pretty well. I've always appreciated all of multiple uses regarding the touch including all of the windows supported programs, used for business and pleasure. Far more than what the iphone offers. But, I've always had to draw the line when it came to the iphone internet browser. The quality of the text and images along with the smooth flowing screen movement was 10 times better than the mobile explorer browser. Not any more, I've been using the two side by side for a couple of hours, and the screens are identicle. I went to sites with lots of text and images (washington news paper, macy's, cnet, grocery store adds...). I'm amazed with the quality and performance of the touch on the internet using the opera brower 9.5 beta version. If you haven't tried...you have to...you must. This is far better than this rom update. Yeah gps is nice, I guess revA is a little faster (depending on where you are), and it's good having the latest version of wm. But being able to have a web experience on my touch that is similiar to browsing on the iphone is wonderful. When I down loaded the opera browser 9.5 beta version, I did it on their site using the device (my touch). I couldn't get it to download properly onto the computer. Using your touch, open up the opera version provided in the update, go to action, go to homepage, go to opera software. You'll find it there. Download it using you touch. Trust me, do it from you touch it's like adding any other simple cad. It took less than a minute. If you don't have opera browser, surf the net on your touch, go to the opera browser web site and look for the "opera 9.5 beta version" You can't miss it. Once you have it loaded, open it up and go to the menu tab on the bottom left corner, select settings, display, select (auto full screen,show images,small). When you pull up a web page the entire page will appear with tiny tiny text(just like the iphone). Tap the screen twice and the text and images are as sharp and clear as on the iphone(the iphone can zoom images by dragin two fingers apart or by taping the screen). Nonetheless, the end result is the same regarding image and text quality. Use your finger nail and toss the screen around. After a few times, you'll have the screen sliding around like a hockey puck on ice. Again i've been using the touch and the iphone side by side on the internet- the touch is holding it's own with this opera browser 9.5 beta version. Play with the menu, it's much nicer than menu in the opera version (8.65) included with the sprint touch rom update, and it blows the iphone browser menu away. Regarding the zooming using the opera browser 9.5 beta version, you can also place the stylus or finger(I recommend finger nail) on an open space and a pull down menu will appear and it will provide options to zoom either in or out in increments. Try it out -- play with the options. Let me know how it works for you!

slbailey1

Nov 21, 2007
I got that 328 error repeatedly when trying to do the latest .4_2 update with my Win2000 PC. I then switched to an XP machine, and it worked the first time. Others report problems using Vista to do the update...

My laptop OS is Vista. I connected my device to my desktop, which have XP. That works!!! Thanks.

Last edited:

sarumont

Jul 21, 2008
Denver
Has anyone used the new opera browser. Not the opera browser (ver 8.65) included with the sprint touch rom update that was officially released today, instead the one that's on the opera's web site (ver 9.5 beta). Maybe this is something that most of you have know about, but in my opinion this is as close to having an iphone web browser without having an iphone. My wife purchased an iphone the same time I purchase my sprint touch. I know how to operate both devices pretty well. I've always appreciated all of multiple uses regarding the touch including all of the windows supported programs, used for business and pleasure. Far more than what the iphone offers. But, I've always had to draw the line when it came to the iphone internet browser. The quality of the text and images along with the smooth flowing screen movement was 10 times better than the mobile explorer browser. Not any more, I've been using the two side by side for a couple of hours, and the screens are identicle. I went to sites with lots of text and images (washington news paper, macy's, cnet, grocery store adds...). I'm amazed with the quality and performance of the touch on the internet using the opera brower 9.5 beta version. If you haven't tried...you have to...you must. This is far better than this rom update. Yeah gps is nice, I guess revA is a little faster (depending on where you are), and it's good having the latest version of wm. But being able to have a web experience on my touch that is similiar to browsing on the iphone is wonderful. When I down loaded the opera browser 9.5 beta version, I did it on their site using the device (my touch). I couldn't get it to download properly onto the computer. Using your touch, open up the opera version provided in the update, go to action, go to homepage, go to opera software. You'll find it there. Download it using you touch. Trust me, do it from you touch it's like adding any other simple cad. It took less than a minute. If you don't have opera browser, surf the net on your touch, go to the opera browser web site and look for the "opera 9.5 beta version" You can't miss it. Once you have it loaded, open it up and go to the menu tab on the bottom left corner, select settings, display, select (auto full screen,show images,small). When you pull up a web page the entire page will appear with tiny tiny text(just like the iphone). Tap the screen twice and the text and images are as sharp and clear as on the iphone(the iphone can zoom images by dragin two fingers apart or by taping the screen). Nonetheless, the end result is the same regarding image and text quality. Use your finger nail and toss the screen around. After a few times, you'll have the screen sliding around like a hockey puck on ice. Again i've been using the touch and the iphone side by side on the internet- the touch is holding it's own with this opera browser 9.5 beta version. Play with the menu, it's much nicer than menu in the opera version (8.65) included with the sprint touch rom update, and it blows the iphone browser menu away. Regarding the zooming using the opera browser 9.5 beta version, you can also place the stylus or finger(I recommend finger nail) on an open space and a pull down menu will appear and it will provide options to zoom either in or out in increments. Try it out -- play with the options. Let me know how it works for you!

Just to forewarn you, there are some sweet bugs with the 9.51b1. They're posted on Opera's site, but the biggest two for me are that 9.51b1 disables all your notifications (SMS, appointments, etc.) and the touch keyboard doesn't work correctly. Other than that, though, it rocks. Hopefully they can fix those things soon. :)

praz1984

Feb 12, 2011
help

How to downgrade wm6.1 offcial to wm6.0 original htc,, couse after upgrade my htc always slow and freezing...

please help me......

HTC SPRINT VOGUE

Top Liked Posts