Domestic Sim Unlock For T-Mobile/AT&T or MVNO's Solved (N900P)

Search This thread

danon.brown

Apr 21, 2010
Austin, TX
www.facebook.com
Google Pixel 7a
How to run hidden menu enabler?? It does nothing when I clicked on it so I'm basically stuck at this step.

you run that from your computer

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

How to run hidden menu enabler?? It does nothing when I clicked on it so I'm basically stuck at this step.

Prerequisites
1. A windows, Linux, or Mac computer.
2. Ensure your Java is up-to-date
3. Your device must be rooted.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2077653

vizi0nz

Jul 16, 2010
Bay Area
Steps to get back 100% to sprint.

Flash MJ4 or most current tar

when phone comes up dial ##72786#

congrats youre back on sprint

(also use this method if you need to start the unlocking process over again it completely undoes everything)

Can I go back to sprint by just doing a flash recovery through twrp? And would it also work if you did a backup after it is unlocked for tmobile. That way everytime you want to switch carriers, you can just do a restore thorough twrp to switch back and forth. Hope this is not too confusing, seems like this trick might work.. Well seems like a good idea :)

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dr.Roxxo

May 20, 2010
Houston
Has anybody had luck with unlocking it with out having a sprint account?
Is anybody willing to start a bounty :(?

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
Can I go back to sprint by just doing a flash recovery through twrp? And would it also work if you did a backup after it is unlocked for tmobile. That way everytime you want to switch carriers, you can just do a restore thorough twrp to switch back and forth. Hope this is not too confusing, seems like this trick might work.. Well seems like a good idea :)

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

##scrtn# resets network data settings and phone will reboot and do hfa it wont change any rom settings or userdata. recovery through twrp or the like wont do this.

adventure95004

Aug 27, 2008
Because they don't read and they are cheap.... Sprint one is much cheaper on eBay

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I don't get why people buy the Sprint Note 3 for international use. Why not just get the international version of the Note 3?

If you use a lot of data 20 to 30 gigs they are a LOT cheaper..
I just used mine in the UK no problem..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: DarkManX4lf

adventure95004

Aug 27, 2008
What does the amount of data you use make the phone cheaper?

Sorry maybe I missed the point, if you are just buying a phone and not the contract then I would get the international one. I almost did but in the end the $199 BB price sucked me in, I have 5 lines and I'm the only one who uses the upgrades so I don't have to worry too much about getting the wrong phone lol..
The sprint n3 worked great for me overseas though so I don't see why it would not be good here on gsm other than no lte.

DarkManX4lf

May 11, 2007
NYC
Sorry maybe I missed the point, if you are just buying a phone and not the contract then I would get the international one. I almost did but in the end the $199 BB price sucked me in, I have 5 lines and I'm the only one who uses the upgrades so I don't have to worry too much about getting the wrong phone lol..
The sprint n3 worked great for me overseas though so I don't see why it would not be good here on gsm other than no lte.

Ah ok. What I was trying to say is, people who don't live in the US but the Sprint Note 3 and get sad when it won't work overseas.... Why not just buy the international version... But I realize why.... The Sprint note 3 is cheaper than international and I guess people don't understand it won't work without having a Sprint account and asking Sprint to unlock the sim for international use.

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Ah ok. What I was trying to say is, people who don't live in the US but the Sprint Note 3 and get sad when it won't work overseas.... Why not just buy the international version... But I realize why.... The Sprint note 3 is cheaper than international and I guess people don't understand it won't work without having a Sprint account and asking Sprint to unlock the sim for international use.

Exactly the vzw one is unlocked but fcc mandated that when they last divvied up some spectrum to vzw .. Sprint doesn't have to yet so it only has to unlock the phone if they want to. People buy blocked esn ie... Stolen or phones people haven't paid bills on because they are useless on sprint so they have to sell cheap

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tutorial To Unlock Sprint Galaxy Note 3 For U.S. Sim

Tutorial to Unlock Sprint Galaxy Note 3 For T-Mobile/AT&T/MVNO's

Tools required:
    Hidden Menu Enabled(modified for galaxy note 3): http://goo.gl/y4k2EG

MI3 modem (modified to be flashed via odin): http://goo.gl/W0f3Za

Odin 3.07 or 3.09 (google for it theres a million mirrors of it)

Device must already be internationally unlocked via sprint for this to work (must perform uicc unlock from system updates menu) im working on a way to do this without sprint but for now this is how it is)

Region Lock Away: (Free on chainfires thread or consider buying market donate version) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470551

Device must be rooted: (rooting via this method will trip knox however the modem flash we have to do will likely trip it as well): http://download.chainfire.eu/362/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-hltespr-hltespr-smn900p.zip

Any root browers from play store

ServiceMode Shortcut: Grab from play store

prl helper or anything with an apn shortcut: Grab from play store

Step 1: We need to root the device so put device in download mode holding vol down+home+power while it is off. Flash cf auto root to obtain root (this will void knox).

Step 2: Grab a root browser, ServiceMode Shortcut, PRL Helper, and Region Lock Away and install your att/tmobile sim.

Step 3: Place device back into download mode. PAY ATTENTION HERE: you need to add the mi3 modem to pda and uncheck auto reboot. LEAVE ON F. RESET TIME CHECKED. After flash has completed remove battery from your phone place it back into download mode and flash mi3 modem again this time leaving auto reboot checked. When your device boots up to to settings->general->about device and check your baseband version to make sure it ends in mi3. if it does not redo step 3.

Step 4: Run regionlock away (not required for this all to work just for good measure), And switch your device into gsm/umts only mode in your settings menu.

Step 5: Plug your device in and enable usb debugging. run hidden menu enabler. open TestMode Menu. Follow these steps perfectly.

1. click ue setting and info
    2. click setting
    3. click protocol
    4. click as- go to security control and make sure fake security is on, ciphering is off, and integrity is on. after you have seet these hit menu back twice to get back to ue setting and protocol menu.
    5. open nas-go to network control go to band selection and pick number 5 wcdma/gsm mode only. after hit menu back.
    6. Click pref mode set and choose number 2 gsm wcdma only. menu back once
    7.hit aquision order and choose umts_gsm. hit menu back until youre back at ue setting menu.
    8. open gcf and click number 1 and make sure it is on. hit menu back to ue settings.
    9.go to sim and then sim class control. make sure umts on and gsm on both show. if not click to enable. hit menu back once
    10.hit bip block control. hit number 3 bip block off. once complete go to bip block status to verify it is in fact off.
    11. go all the way back to main menu. hit protocol state, sim information, check nv, and make sure it shows sim lock is disable, spr bip unblocked, and sha256 on or off shouldnt matter. ( i have had mine off and on and it seems to work either way)(mine is currently on)
    12. power cycle device.
    13. when it comes on device SHOULD show service it still may not.
    14. get into your root browser, go system, and open your build.prop with a text editor
    15. add these lines to the very bottom to enable apn editing. (credit to ingenium13)
    ril.sales_code=LOL
    ro.csc.sales_code=LOL

16. reboot device once more. now use prl helper or your apn shortcut and create a new apn for your carrier. delete all the sprint ones and make sure you highlight the circle next to your newly created apn. reboot once more.

17. device should come up with full service bars and data/mms active. (if you have an inactive sim card it does not always show service)(my inactive att card would show service my inactive tmobile would not)

18. Donations appreciated now you should be 100% unlocked. if you need to undo this for any reason see post 3 to get fully back on sprint.

19. Profit!
    I finally cracked how to domestic unlock the N900P (Sprint Note 3) for use with T-Mobile/AT&T or any other U.S. GSM Carrier. Im writing up the tutorial now and finishing up the tools required to make it a little easier. However i spent over a month working on this and am asking for donations before i release the tutorial. As much as i hate to do it my car is on its last leg and i desperately need to find a new one. So please help me out as i hope getting this phone unlocked helps you all. I'm currently using mine on Straight Talk (can't beat $45/Mo using AT&T Towers). This is a fairly simple procedure it just has quite a few steps but if you follow every step to the letter it is cake. I am really trying to get to around $2000 just to find myself a little clunker so any donation is appreciated. I will post up a video for proof that i have accomplished this just so you all know this is not any kind of scam.

Disclaimer: YOU MUST HAVE YOUR DEVICE INTERNATIONALLY UNLOCKED FROM SPRINT FOR THIS TO WORK. I AM WORKING ON INTERNATIONALLY UNLOCKING WITHOUT SPRINT BUT IT IS REQUIRED IN THE MEANTIME. ALL OTHER TOOLS REQUIRED I WILL PROVIDE. YOU DO NOT NEED AN ACTIVE SIM CARD IT WILL SHOW BARS AND CARRIER INFO WITH INACTIVE CARD.

Disclaimer 2: ROOT IS REQUIRED FOR MULTIPLE STEPS AND THIS PROCESS WILL MORE THAN LIKELY TRIP KNOX. I AM WORKING ON A WAY AROUND THIS BUT IN THE MEANTIME THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY DOES TRIP KNOX. YOUR WARRANTY IS NOW VOID!

Disclaimer 3: IF YOU BREAK YOUR PHONE THEN YOU BROKE YOUR PHONE I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE. (I BRICKED MY PHONE MANY TIMES TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THIS PROCESS A SIMPLE ODIN FLASH AND WAS GOOD TO GO.

MODERATOR EDIT - Comments removed

YOUTUBE VIDEO SHOWING SPRINT NOTE ON AT&T GO PHONE PLAN:http://youtu.be/LZowEnXHdFU
    I didn't mean that I took the OC5 update directly from MJ4. I did all of the sim unlocking on NH7 firmware with the MJ4 modem, then I odined to stock NK4 and took the OC5 update, and then I used odin to flash the MJ4 modem again. It does not bootloop for me. If I remember correctly, I had some bootloops when trying to use the MJ4 modem on the NH7 firmware, but I think I got it to stop by getting into settings as quick as possible and switching the mobile network from CDMA to GSM. It has been months since that happened, and It never did it again. Sorry if it doesn't make sense to you, but that's what is working for me.

Edit: I've added some screenshots for proof.
    Screenshot_2015-04-28-21-08-00-11_zpslovdglrl.jpg

Screenshot_2015-04-28-21-08-41-11_zpsu0ymuzyj.jpg

I wanted to confirm this works. I am running on T-Mobile with OC Lollipop stock. I used Odin 3.07 for my flashing. (3.09 uses two letter codes that confuse me!) Here are the steps in the order I did them:

0) Backed up all data with Titanium, then a nandroid just in case.
    1) Inserted T-mobile SIM and powered on phone, had invalid SIM message
    2) Power off
    3) Boot to Download Mode
    4) Run NAB one-click full stock restore (it's an .exe that has ODIN built in)
    5) Boot normally, power off
    6) Boot to Download mode
    7) Flash MI3 Modem (from first post) in Odin PHONE slot, unchecked Auto-Reboot
    8) Wait for Odin to display RESET! then unplugged phone and powered off by holding power button for 8 seconds
    9) Boot again to Odin and flash MI3 modem a second time, leaving Auto-Reboot checked
    10) Allow phone to boot, them power off
    11) Boot to Download mode
    12) Use odin to flash TWRP recovery in PDA slot, uncheck Auto-Reboot
    13) When Odin said RESET!, unplugged phone and powered off by holding power button 8 seconds
    14) Reboot phone into Recovery to load TWRP and let it initialize
    15) Flash Chainfire SuperSU
    16) Reboot phone phone to System from TWRP (normal boot up)
    17) Run SUU.apk to apply international unlock
    18) Follow instructions in the first post to apply domestic unlock (including build.prop modification and creating an APN)

At this point, I can stop and I have a clean NAB with MI3 modem setup, of course I confirmed everything worked before proceeding. To get from here to Lollipop, I did these steps exactly:

19) Power off phone
    20) Boot to TWRP Recovery
    21) Perform the normal wipe (data, cache, dalvik)
    22) From TWRP, choose to reboot to Download
    23) Flash OC5 stock tar in PDA slot of Odin, left Auto-Reboot checked (you could always do the double flash here, but since it takes so long, I didn't!)
    24) Allowed phone to boot and received Invalid SIM error
    25) Power off phone
    26) Boot to Download mode
    27) Flash MJ4 modem using Odin, unchecked Auto-Reboot
    28) When Odin says RESET!, unplugged phone and held power for 8 seconds to power down
    29) Boot into Download mode again
    30) Flash MJ4 modem a second time in Odin, leaving Auto-Reboot checked

And that was it. I booted up into OC5 Lollipop with MJ4 modem and no bootloops. I think the key is to have the phone configured correctly to use only GSM/WCDMA (UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+)/LTE configurations. The bootloop is caused by the phone trying to register on CDMA. It may also be important to wipe data from TWRP, then boot to immediately to Download mode when flashing the OC5 tar.

If you do get bootloops, you can flash the OC5 modem and they should stop, though you will be getting the invalid SIM message. You can then tinker with your settings, and flash the MJ4 modem again and see if the bootloops stop. I want to say that you if your phone is in airplane mode, the bootloops also stop.

I would imagine that, with OC5 firmware on MJ4 modem, this is a stable setup that will allow any of the Lollipop custom roms that are flashed through recovery to preserve both SIM unlocks and not cause bootloops. I am exhausted from getting stock OC5 to work, so testing custom Lollipop roms will have to wait a day or two.

That said, AT&T and T-Mobile are both deploying LTE in the 1900 PCS spectrum. For LTE, that's considered Band 2. Our phone supports Band 25 LTE, which is a superset of Band 2. So if you are in an area with Band 2 LTE from AT&T or T-Mobile, you should be able to use it. It's probably only a 5 MHz band, not particularly exciting, and possible not even faster than HSPA+, which I find to be just as good as Sprint's LTE in my area! It makes me wonder why I have been using Sprint at all. Falling back to 3G is just awful -- EvDO is slow enough, but often the phone blatantly lies and you're really on 1xRTT (technically I guess that's 3G, but most people would consider it 2G). RIP CDMA2000 and 3GPP2, you will not be missed. I have joined the dark side!
    reserved

Steps to get back 100% to sprint.

Flash MJ4 or most current tar

when phone comes up dial ##72786#

congrats youre back on sprint

(also use this method if you need to start the unlocking process over again it completely undoes everything)
    Here is the link http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56489748&postcount=13

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56489748&postcount=1355

Remember to say thanks.